[Canterlot] A Griffin In a Crowd of Ponies [Open]

CrossStitch

Gladwin smiled back with a small laugh, "You're welcome! Just don't go scaring me like that." He noticed that he was still patting the mare. He quit, retracting his talon, and laughed again nervously.

"I wouldn't call myself swee-" Gladwins mind, basically, shut off. Did she just kiss his cheek? His eyes were slightly wide as his entire face lit up with a red tint. Gladwin decided to instead keep his seat by Holly's side instead of across the table from her, feeling much more comfortable around her. She was seemingly emitting an aura of happy that Gladwin didn't mind one bit.

His mind started back up, or so it felt. "Th-Thanks, Holly..." Gladwin rubbed the cheek that Holly kissed, "But, I was just worried. I didn't really think." He said, shrugging a bit. He reached across the table and retrieved his food that he left on the other end of the table. He happily finished his coffee, as well as one of his doughnuts. I may have to save the other one for later. No way could I finish this with how my stomach is now... He thought to himself. He laid a talon on his stomach, which was flipping and flopping all over the place. I guess that's what ponies call butterflies...

"I have to say Sketch, thanks. Not only did you show me an awesome place to eat, but also an awesome place to meet awesome ponies." He said with a smile as he looked around the table at all of his new friends.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colton wasn't as surprised as Gladwin when Holly decided to peck the griffin on the cheek, but that doesn't mean he wasn't shocked by it. He giggled slightly at Gladwin's red face and smiled with one side of his mouth as Gladwin became more composed he couldn't help but feel enveloped in the loving atmosphere. Colton quickly snapped out of his confused, and slightly shocked haze when he noticed that he hadn't responded to Sketch yet.

"Oh right uh sorry Sketch, of course, feel free." Colton said with a smile as he returned to his own thoughts. He turned to Gladwin as he had finished his last sentence and promptly responded with a smile and some kind words, "Well Gladwin, Holly, Sketch, I'm proud to say that I had the pleasure of meeting all of you." Colton said as he tried to stuff his mouth with cinnamon bun as he realized how cheesy that was.

Colton's thoughts drifted after that as he stared out the window with his head resting on his hoof once again. All this activity between Holly and Gladwin had got Colton thinking on the subject of 'love'. This was odd for Colton as he had never really thought about it before, and as a result he didn't know much about it. His thoughts drifted as he wondered why this was on his mind, he had seen displays of affection in public before but that never made him think like this. I don't get it, why am I suddenly thinking about this? Colton asked himself as he tapped his forehead, Think Colton, there must be something different..... Colton thought as he continued contemplating, Maybe.......maybe I just met the right mar- Colton's thoughts stopped as he had realized something, I....think I have met the right mare.... Colton said as he sat back in his chair, thinking about his apparent 'right mare' as he continued to stare out the window in deep contemplation of his recent discovery.

He tried not to seem to enveloped in thought, less he forget about his company. He decided to think on it later as he turned back to the group.

[[stupid computer crashed. Sorry for if this seems lazy, I had almost a wall of text and my computer decided to go all stupid. >:| So....this is the compressed version.]]

With the grin still plastered to her face, Holly munched down her last mini eclair. She felt giddy. Her tummy felt all flittery, too. Kind of like the feeling you get when you sled down a really steep hill in winter. Exhilarated, as the ground below rushes up to meat you, but also fild with a shiver as the rush of the cold slams your face and forces a tear down your cheek. It was a strange feeling, it made her feel....goosebumpy.

She turned to the two stallions across the table, feeling a little bad that they had been ignored this whole time, "What about ya'll? Ah feel like we been sittin' this whole time together and ain't shared a word! What brings you two to Canterlot?"

While awaiting a response, she caught the corner of the waiters eye, and magicked out enough bits from her pack to cover all four of them, and slid them onto the waiters tray with a wink. The waiter nodded and headed to the cash register to get her the reciept.

She turned back to the two at the table, "Are ya'll about done? Ah thought after this we could maybe go to Canter Park. They have a playground and some stuff...paddle boats, too. Maybe we could chit chat there when yur all done?"

As soon as SKetch had opened the book, ponies and non-ponies were offering thank-yous and such! Were they leaving? Upon realizing that they would probably be spending a bit more time together he just smiled to them. "Likewise! This has been a very pleasent trip for me, and you're quite welcome Gladwin!". They were probably the first friends he's made outside of Manehattan which is... well good! Very good. It would give him an excuse to travel and get out more, anyway. Though he still had his work to worry about.

Speaking of which, he pulled himself away from his thoughts just in time to hear Holly ask her question! "Oh it's alright, Holly, I would've felt rude to have interrupted. As for what I'm doing in Canterlot, as I've told Gladwin, I'm here on business. I'm an artist, see and my studio is in Manehattan. Though it's not my primary focus I take commissions for portraits and things like that for extra money, and a family here asked me to draw their son. Charming young colt, and the family was very kind". Of course he still had his saddlebags with some of his sketchbooks in them if they wanted to take a look, but for now he sat put and waited to hear Colton's answer.

(( Sorry for taking so long! ))

Gladwin smiled at Sketch, gesturing towards him with his cup and a wink. He listened, again, to the same story that he once heard from Sketch, nodding along with it. That reminded Gladwin,"Oh! Sketch, I was wondering if you could show me some of your drawings. I was really interested in seeing some."

Gladwin turned to Holly next,"I think that's a great idea! I've never been to Canter Park." Gladwin took a second to think,"Then again I've never been to Canterlot." He said with a shrug, "And don't think for a second I didn't catch that..." Gladwin said as his tail moved into his own pack and deposited enough bits to cover his meal into Holly's. "Eyes of a hawk. Er, eagle..."

(( Is posting odd for anyone else? Whenever I hit backspace after changing text color, it sends me to the beginning of when I changed text... Like, "Shoo be doo!" If I was to hit backspace now, it would take me back to the 'I' of If. ))

Colton kept in conversation with the group as it seems that everyone was getting along rather nicely, the pegasus turned to Holly in response to her question, "I'm actually here on business, me and Sparks here were hired to deliver a package to a client here in Canterlot. The employer offered us an extended contact here so we've just been enjoying the sights mostly now that our job is done." Colton said as both him and Sparks finished their snacks.

Colton checked to see if Sparks was done with his drink before responding to Holly's final statement, the pegasus looked outside and stared up at the sun to determine what time it was, "Uh....sure why not, I got plenty of time, it'd be a nice little outing I'm sure." Colton said as he smiled eagerly and Sparks perched himself on Colton's head, a sign that the bird was also ready to go too.

(OOC: As for that posting thing CrossStitch I don't seem to be having any trouble with it, but that's probably because I write out the entire post and then change the colours, sorry for not being any help there :-| )

[[sorry about the inactive weekend, guys. I'm in the process of moving. x-X' Also....Colton, Holly just paid for everypony..so....the waiter probably wouldn't have accepted your payment...]]

Holly smirked, a feigned look of innocence on her face as he caught her act of purchasing the meal for the four of the, "What? Ah don't know what yur talkin' bout." She stuck her tongue out a little bit at the griffon before turning her attention back to the other two at the table.

"Well, an artist pony? Ah don't know that Ah've ever met one...Ah got a close friend who plays music...Ah'd love to see yur artwork, if you'd be fine with it." She smiled endearingly, "Ah'd love to see you work, too....Ah think it'd be neat to see a piece of artwork...like....come ta life and stuff...."

She chuckled, and rubbed the back of her head, "S'pose that doesn't make too much sense..." She turned to Colton after hearing what he was in Canterlot for, "A delivery pony? Ah s'pose that is a common position for Pegasi...must be a good deal of work in that field..." She laughed softly, unable to cope for the amount of interest she had shown in the artist pony's career, versus his, but she did not want to be seen as rude.

"Aheheh...hem....ANYWAAAY...." Holly stepped away from the table, and started trotting to the door, her colorful mane bouncing in rhythm to her cheerful gait, "Ah'm gonna go get mah cart hooked up, meet ya outside!"

With that, she vanished through the door, the tinkling of the bell that hung just in front of the door marking her exit.

Upon getting outside, she began magicking around the various ropes and ties that went around her stomach and chest when she pulled the cart. She hummed as she worked, and within a minute or so, she was all strapped up and ready to go, the only thing remaining was to hook the cart up to the harness around her chest. So, patiently, she sat down between the two leading beams of the cart and hummed to herself as the ponies of Canterlot went about their business.

He had to agree that artists around Equestria seemed few and far between. Ponies that were exclusively artists, anyway. But when she said she'd love to see his work, he started to shy a bit, wearing a nervous smile. Of course he remembered Gladwin had wanted to see some of his work earlier too, but then it was just one person. He always got a bit apprehensive when there presented the possibility of his work being passed around. Not that it was a bad thing, he would never say no to someone wanting to see his art. However in a group, there was the possibility of chatter and pointing things out to eachother that he may not be able to follow. He welcomed critique, but he always resented the possibility of mockery. Not that his work deserved mockery, he thought it was rather good.

"Oh... you do? Well I... I'd be more than happy to let you have a look... I have several samples as well as my supplies in my bag..." Luckily, a spark of inspiration came to mind. Holly wanted to see him draw...? Why not paint a portrait of Gladwin, Colton and Holly in Canterlot? That nervous smile turned into a rather cheery grin at the thought of it, though he imagined the change in emotion would probably seem confusing to everypony else without explination. Once he got outside, after the mare had so generously paid for their food, he made a suggestion once everypony came outside. "Uh... say, perhaps I could draw you three, if you would permit me. Why not at the park, seeing as we're headed there anyway?"

"Great! It's settled then. Let's see this park." Gladwin said as he rose up from his seated position. Gladwin turned and watched Holly leave, with a small grin on his face. He shook his head and looked back to Colton and Sketch, a slight red tint gracing his face. He coughed, nervously, and then recomposed himself in time to hear out Sketch's request. "A drawing? Of me Colton and Holly...?" Gladwin tried to imagine what a picture of the three of them would look like. "Hey, yeah... I like that idea!" Gladwin said as the picture came together in his mind. "It'd be nice to have a reminder of you guys when I leave!" Gladwin's chipper mood suddenly took a dive, Wh-When I leave... The thought hit Gladwin hard as he felt a sharp pain in his heart. He looked back up quickly with a small smile, trying to appear alright. "Uhm, well... I'll be outside. I'll see you guys out there." Gladwin turned away from the other two, and as soon as he did his face went back to the upset look. He walked through the door and out into the bright city of Canterlot. He noticed Holly was already outside, already attached to the same cart from earlier. He quickly recomposed himself and put his smile on again.

Colton wasn't that bothered by Holly's lack of interest in his job, he wanted to say that he was actually a traveller and this was an odd job but he figured Why mess up first impressions, The pegasus thought as he turned to Sketch and considered the unicorns rather generous proposal, "A picture? Of like us three?" Colton said as he pointed in the general direction of Holly and Gladwin, Colton didn't want to feel like a 'third-wheel' less he would cramp Gladwin's 'style' or what ever Colton would have called it. But when Gladwin accepted Colton felt no reason not to say yes.

"Uh...sure Sketch, it'll be nice to have a memento for this occasion." Colton said as he smiled at Sketch. But Colton noticed some thing was up with Gladwin as the griffin left the table, he looked rather 'worried' about something, Was it something I said? The pegasus asked himself. He decided to look into it later but for now there was a trip at hand, the pegasus got out of his chair and casually slipped out the window he had used before, more so for convenience than anything else.

Colton saw that Gladwin had changed his mood apparently and that shouldn't be any need to press the griffin on the matter. With Sparks perched eagerly on the pegasus' head Colton turned to everyone, "Right, well we're ready to go." Colton said, the 'we're' referring to the pegasus and the bird.

[[omg. I'm sorry. I totally looked at this and then didn't respond. :s SORRY!!!]]

Holly stood up as the three males exited the doughnut shop, her eyes flicking to the griffon affectionately before looking back to her cart, and magicking the two beams onto the clips at her sides, "Canter Park is this way. Ah been there before once when Ah first came to Canterlot to sell fruit. Not much business though, it's mostly fillies and colts playin' on the playground with their parents watchin..."

She began leading the way to the park, her cart rolling at a leisurely pace behind them, the tarp still shielding her fruit from onlookers--and Sparks if he was still in the mood for fruit, "Not that that's a deterrent for me! Ah like playin' with the foals--lotta times they have more fun than us adult ponies...oh, and there's the paddle boats too...that's more for....." She looked at Gladwin, blushed, and then looked away, mumbling softly, "Couples."

Shaking that off, she smiled at the thought of foals. Not only did she like the little fillies and colts, but they made her feel a sort of...yearning...for she too wanted that someday. Not nearly so many as were at the park....but still, a foal or two. But not for a while. A good long while. She didn't even have a house yet. She was living off tents and a shack for Celestia's sake! She didn't want her new friends to know that, of course...but that didn't mean it was anything but true. She mentally disciplined herself for paying for everypony. That was money that could have been spent buying more lumber for the house she had barely started construction on.

He followed along, making sure to take to mind certain landmarks that he could easily spot on the way back. He still needed a carriage home afterall, and he needed to know how to backtrack from the park to the doughnut shop, seeing as he only knew the area around Pony Joe's and the carriage itself. Then the discussion came to playgrounds. Did he enjoy playgrounds when he was little? He thought on it as if it were so long ago, though in the grand scheme of things it wasn't that long ago at all! He did remember a small playground that he went to with his friends every so often, though it was more for hide and seek than playing on.

In terms of playing with the little ponies at the playground in Canterlot, however, he wasn't entirely sure how he felt about it. He was sure the little ones would probably be excited about the 'grown ups' playing with them. Maybe... of course it depended on the game/activity. Of course he didn't want to get lost into his thoughts and crash into something again. Stopping suddenly in a panic, he thought for sure he must be about to collide into something, but sighed when he saw the coast was clear and continued onward. "Afraid I don't interact with foals much, unless they come into my studio... which is pretty rare, actually. Not too many of them seem interestd in art, but I can't put them at fault. If I wasn't drawing I was outside, afterall."

(( I'm getting flung for a loop going forwards and backwards in time like this, haha! ))

Gladwin's eyes shot open as Holly gave him a quick glance. The griffin smiled and took it as a compliment. "The park sounds nice enough." He said with a shrug, he followed behind Holly, trying to keep his eyes away from her. It felt... Wrong... To stare at her from this angle. He instead resorted to cloud watching.

He listened to her explanation of the park, and of Colts and Mares running around playing with their foals. It made Gladwin feel a bit warm inside, and also a little homesick. Whether it was for his parents, or his aunt and uncle, he wasn't sure. He shook off the past and instead looked forward to the Grand Canter Park. Laying out in the grass, watching the foals play, paddle boats for the couples. Holly looked to Gladwin as she named that part off. He was still looking up, but caught the glimpse of her glimpsing at him. He smiled, but a red tint hit his face.

"Oh, come one Sketch. Foals are adorable! Haven't you ever wanted a foal of your own?" He laughed, teasing Sketch. He then looked at Holly, and then realized what he said, and then realized how that could be taken wrong. He coughed, and his laughter slowly died out. Gladwin wasn't trusting his spontaneous brain to say much more, but he was curious as to the paddle boats.

(OOC: Oh crud I'm two days late :/......I'm really sorry guys.)

Colton walked with the rest of the group as they all engaged in light conversation, Colton didn't really add anything to it though as he had little experience with kids which was actually surprising given all the places he had travelled to over the years. Not wanting to look uninterested or rude Colton did add something to the conversation though, "I don't really have that much experience with kids, but I'm alright with them I guess." Colton stated as he looked over to Gladwin and Holly who were giving each other passing glances, Love birds....He thought as he rubbed the back of his head and chuckled.

Colton say that the two obviously had a liking for each other, even a blind pony could see that. He continued to chuckle as they extended blushed looks at each other and kept a smile the whole way through.

When Gladwin brought up to Sketch of having kids of his own Colton stood and stared awkwardly at Gladwin as he obviously wanted to take back what he just said. Colton didn't dare add anything to this awkward situation and continued on with the others.

Holly, sensing the awkward tension that had just formed from Gladwin's comment about foals--and she, thinking that it was because they were both males, and didn't want to talk about that stuff, decided to interject with her own opinion.

"Well, Ah fur one think that it'd be GREAT to have a foal someday, in fact, Ah'd have two 'er three!" She proclaimed, but a blush stayed plastered to her face, "S-so....Well, Ah don't want one NOW 'er nuthin, but....some day it'd be real nice."

She once again glanced at Gladwin and blushed, and then turned away. She came gradually to a halt as they arrived at a wide expanse of green, placed among the busy streets of Canterlot, there was a walking path, and some obviously pony-planted trees, still tiny and each nicely trimmed, and along the walking path was a playground to the left, and a small pony-made lake to the right. There were only two foals at the park, and the shop that rented out paddle boats seemed utterly deserted.

She sighed. It must have been because the weather was getting chillier. She magicked off her cart and said with a smile, "Well...we're here!"

When Gladwin decided to tease him, Sketch had to smile and shrug at the conversation. Talking about starting a family and having his own foals didn't seem so awkward to him as playing with someone else's foals. "Well I'm sure I'd like to someday, but right now I don't really have much interest." An interesting way to say 'I'm not ready/ I haven't met the right mare'. But now they were at the park! A bit of bad luck with the paddleboats, but at least they could potentially play a game or two with the foals.

That, and Sketch seemed absolutely absorbed in the atmosphere of the park, his eyes shining with what was likely artistic inspiration. There were so many things he could capture here! The foals at the playground, the lovely grass and walkways, the trees, the lake... heck, even the sky above them was lovely! And he had to take notice of the birds and critters about where they could be found. Such lovely scenes.

"My, this place is... it's lovely! I'm almost ashamed that I've never been here before!" Under normal circumstances, he'd likely plop himself right on the ground and start drawing whatever it was that drew his eye first... BUT he was with company, and shutting them out for the sake of drawing something would be quite rude. Quite rude indeed! So, he instead opted to stick by them with a smile, ready to get started with whatever activity was decided upon!

Gladwin had a small smile growing across his face, "This place is awesome!" he said in a cheery tone. He began walking around, seeing all that there was to see. He eyed the blue sky above, and the luscious green grass below. He wandered to the trees and inspected them, finding one or two squirrels every now and then, to which he promptly apologized for waking them in and embarrassed tone. "Oh, I should have come here MUCH sooner!" he said, now bouncing in circles with a wide grin.

It may have just been this day, or it may have just been meeting Sketch and Holly, but he was in a wonderful mood. One thing DID strike him as odd though... Holly. She kept glancing at him when she brought up things involving couples... Could she...? Gladwin subconsciously raised an eyebrow in suspicion. A thought crossed his mind though. A test. He would try something, something that would either confirm or disprove his beliefs, but it had to be subtle.

He sat, deep in thought for a moment, rubbing a talon against his chin in though. He snapped up, with a wide smile. Perfect.

"Hey, Holly!" He called, "How about..." He froze up. It WAS just a test, but to him it was a decision over whether Holly was potentially interested in the griffin or not. He didn't even take into account his own nervousness, or what it would make him do. He had already started the sentence now, and he had to finish it or risk looking like an idiot, "W-we... Take a l-look at those paddle boats?" He smiled sheepishly, and also had a red tint to his face. He scratched ran a talon through his feathers on the back of his head, finding that the motion detracted from his nervousness a bit.

Colton looked in wonder at the park, even after all his visits to Canterlot he had never visited the place and he was now kicking himself for not doing it sooner. Sparks was literately jumping for joy on the pegasus' head, the bird was obviously eager to get stuck into what the park had to offer, and to be honest Colton had the same mindset.

He took a step forwards into the park but stopped when Gladwin asked an unusual, but not unexpected, request of Holly. Colton couldn't help but smile and chuckle slightly at Gladwin and Holly's nervousness towards each other, despite their obvious attraction to each other. Colton didn't want to make it seem like him and Sketch being there would stop Holly and Gladwin spending some time together, so he nodded to Sketch as a way of saying 'Roll with it' He cleared his throat and addressed Holly and Gladwin.

"Ah don't mind us guys, you two go enjoy them there paddle boats, we'll catch up." The pegasus said with a slight smile as Sparks twigged onto the idea and began making gestures with his wings as a way of saying 'Go ahead' to Holly and Gladwin. The pegasus hoped his actions would encourage the two to have some alone time.

Holly giggled. Obviously the kiss on the cheek had not been enough for the griffon to get the hint, so she nodded warmly when he asked about the paddleboats, "Y'know, Gladwin, Ah'd really, really LOVE to, Ah would but..."

She leaned over, looking past the griffon that stood before her, to the little shop in the distance. There was a chain through the door handles, and a padlock locked the paddleboats tightly to the dock, "Ah don't know that they'll be open cuz it's gettin' so cold out....how bout we play with the foals a bit...then just me and you can go build snowmen outside of Canterlot?"

Ah, love blossoming over doughnuts and a walk in the park. A bit of bad luck that the paddleboats were out of service... or closed, rather. He seemed in agreeance with Colton that the two lovebirds may want a moment, nodding to him in return before the pegasus spoke.But it seemed closed rental stands were of no consequence! Not that he was complaining, of course. Group activities were fun!

That, and the two were still likely going to get their moment together when they go to make snowmen later on. "I'm up for anything. Lead on!"

Gladwin smiled, a deep red hitting his face like a ton of bricks, and a wave of heat hitting him harder then summer itself. "Oh! R-right!" He laughed nervously, trying to cover his own foolishness. But she didn't exactly say no... Still, those results were inconclusive! He sighed, but she did insist on them being together later, which did show a glimmer of hope. Gladwin's embarrassed smile grew to one of sincere joy. He nodded, "S-Sure thing!"

He turned to Colton and Sketch, "Well, you guys aren't 'too old' to play around a bit, are ya?" He said with a playful look in his eyes as he lowered himself to the ground, assuming a pre-pounce like posture. He then resumed his normal standing posture and began trotting off again. The foals looked at Gladwin with awe-filled eyes. A griffin was a rare-sight in Canterlot after all, this was a city of unicorns! Gladwin smiled to the new foals, knowing they knew no better then to stare. They weren't staring in disgust though, they were staring in awe and surprise! Gladwin spread his mighty wings with a large grin and a 'cool' face, and the foals responded with Ooh's and Aah's. He laughed contently too himself, missing the good old days of when he was a chick...

"Too old? Can you believe that, I think you're older than me buddy." Colton said as he chuckled at the griffin's question. He followed, not sure how he could just randomly start playing with the foals. Sparks didn't seem to have this problem though, the bird was off happily playing a game of tag with the kids in the park.

The pegasus observed Gladwin's 'show for the kids' as he would call it and approached the griffin, he stared back at Sparks and addressed the griffin regarding him and the bird, "I swear, sometimes I think you guys are long lost relatives." Colton said as he chuckled and shrugged at Sketch to explain the bird behaviour.

The pegasus let everyone else enjoy their time, he just simply leaned slightly forwards on a railing over looking the now frozen lake.

Holly laughed as she watched Gladwin show off for the kids, along with the sparky little bird, Sparks...oooh...so that's how he got his name.

She sighed, and was about to trot to join in in a game with the colts, when she noticed Colton trotting off all alone. She frowned and turned to follow him towards the lake, tail bouncing lightly.

"Hay, hay, Colton!" She called as she galloped a little to catch up to the pegasi as he drifted away onto the bridge overlooking the lake, "Whattaya doin'? Come...come be with everypony..."

She paused briefly, "It won't be no fun over here all alone..."

((Sorry for the wait guys! New years was NUTS!))

He had to chuckle when he watched the two avians strut their stuff, and the excitement of the foals that observed! Of course Holly calling out to Colon grabbed his attention and looked in time to see her gallop off towards him. Now where was Colton going? He figured Holly must be the recovery effort to have him join in on the fun that was about to be had.

Figuring Holly had the recovery effort covered, Sketch trotted on over to Gladwin and Sparks to do... whatever it was they were going to do. If it was a posing contest, so be it.

(( That's no problem at all, haha. New Years was pretty wild here too, hope ya had a good one! ))

Gladwin was busy telling stories to the foals, as they listened in awe. Some of them MAY have stretched the truth a bit, but that never hurt anypony... Right? "And then the dragon SWOOPED down," Gladwin mimicked the motion with his talon, pretending as if it was a dragon itself, "and tried to gobble me up!" He snapped his beak at this, and the foals recoiled, but then resumed their awe filled looks, "But needless to say, I'm the fastest flier in Equestria! That dragon never stood a chance." The foals began to cheer, and Gladwin blushed a little, "Aw, you guys...." He scratched the back of his head, unsure of how to proceed, "Alright, run along. Maybe I'll stop by tomorrow." He shooed the foals on, and they ran off to play, reenacting the scene Gladwin just told them about.

Gladwin sighed, a littler something about the scene before him pulled a string on his heart roughly, and he felt a tinge of jealousy. He could hear Sketch approaching him, but he didn't turn, "Sketch, do you think love at first sight exists?" The griffin asked simply. He wasn't sure what had caused the question to come up, but he knew he wanted an answer. He remained turned around, not trusting his face to remain unburdened by a blush.