Suggestions? (shameless begging for critiques)

Ashton

I put up my first piece of Pony art on my DA today, and while I'm overall content with it, I'm not happy with certain aspects (especially the backgrounds) Anyone willing to take a look and offer suggestions?

overall it looks pretty good, but the anatomy is a bit off. there are three things you need to touch up on, then I think it will look great :D

one thing that really stands out is the neck. it pokes outwards at the top, when it should actually poke inwards (even on a real horse, the neck pokes in).

the second thing is that overall, the pony is stretched out too far horizontally. the legs, body and head are all a bit too wide

the final thing is that the horn is placed a bit too high on the forehead. it seems strange, but the horn should almost be between the eyes (not quite, but close)

I hope this doesn't come off as harsh, I'm just trying to help. right now you have a great start, and it's better than a lot of pony art that I've seen :)

overall it looks pretty good, but the anatomy is a bit off. there are three things you need to touch up on, then I think it will look great :D

one thing that really stands out is the neck. it pokes outwards at the top, when it should actually poke inwards (even on a real horse, the neck pokes in).

the second thing is that overall, the pony is stretched out too far horizontally. the legs, body and head are all a bit too wide

the final thing is that the horn is placed a bit too high on the forehead. it seems strange, but the horn should almost be between the eyes (not quite, but close)

Neck I'll see if I can fix next time... the overall size means I can probably just 'squish' it down a dozen or so pikels then if *everything* is too wide... Horn... that does sound strange... I'll see what I can do about it too

I hope this doesn't come off as harsh, I'm just trying to help. right now you have a great start, and it's better than a lot of pony art that I've seen :)

Oh not at all! I couldnt ask for a nicer critique! I'll work on those and try again on another OC (I have 1 OC of my own - that one I showed you was done for my DM as an xmas gift) and hopefully by friday I'll have something new to show :)

hi hi

While this is just a suggestion, you might also want to consider not putting a cleft in the front of the hind legs. At least in the ponies on the show, the leading edge of their hind legs are usually one continuous curve unless they're sitting.

Odd that their knee vanishes unless sitting lol, I hadn't noticed that. I'll take that into account when I draw Dunes (my own OC) Thank you :)