One Thing I Miss from Season 1...

Astalakio

I'm generally not one for complaining about season 2 - I'd much rather withold my opinions until the whole thing's out and we can see the big picture, and to be fair this isn't so much a complaint as simply voicing a concern...

Probably the main thing I miss about season 1 is Pinkie Pie's random musical outbursts. I don't mean songs like 'Giggle at the Ghostly' or 'You Gotta Share', I just mean little random snippets, the mini-songs like the two in Ticket Master, and 'Hop Skip and a Jump' from Dragonshy, or even 'Cupcakes' or 'Evil Enchantress'.

I know there's a leaked song that Pinkie's going to sing eventually (haven't listened to it since I'd rather be surprised when the episode comes out), but I miss the little quirky musical numbers she used to come out with off (seemingly) the top of her head.

And for that matter, as I'm re-watching Season 1 I've noticed there's a lot less Pinkie-humour in the Season 2 episodes in general.

So, I'm curious as to other opinions on this - do you think the mini-songs will make a comeback? I hope so :D

I noticed that too. I'm really hoping that we get more of that in the second half. so far we only have the synopsis for two more episodes, so um... I just lost my train of thought... something about more stuff to come...

._.

I forget

I noticed that too. I'm really hoping that we get more of that in the second half. so far we only have the synopsis for two more episodes, so um... I just lost my train of thought... something about more stuff to come...

._.

I forget

Yeah, it's not like I've got no faith in the future, or anything. Like, everyone was complaining there were no songs in general, and some of us said 'wait', and sure enough, we've had a couple now, with Pinkie Pie's one on its way.

Only, at this point in the first season, we'd had, like, six mini-songs too :(

I feel like there is, indeed, less Pinkie humor. But the humor that is shown seems to be a lot more... 'Out there' so to speak. That's just how it feels to me.

Like her "Oh make it stop!" line, and "I'm assaulting him with cake!" one. The randomness just seems further out there in less quantity. That's only how I see it though.

I feel like there is, indeed, less Pinkie humor. But the humor that is shown seems to be a lot more... 'Out there' so to speak. That's just how it feels to me.

Like her "Oh make it stop!" line, and "I'm assaulting him with cake!" one. The randomness just seems further out there in less quantity. That's only how I see it though.

Do you prefer the more 'out-there' humour?

I prefered it as it was...

Do you prefer the more 'out-there' humour?

I prefered it as it was...

Not at all. It makes me see Pinkie as a "Come in, make joke, get out" character, which I hate. I liked pinkie being adorable and funny anytime she was on the screen, which was quite a bit. Season 2 seems to focus on one character, is how I feel. Season one seemed to deal with problems involving two friends. Season 2 seems to deal with more inwardly problems. Greed, impatience, Not Fitting In, etc. I dunno...

Not at all. It makes me see Pinkie as a "Come in, make joke, get out" character, which I hate. I liked pinkie being adorable and funny anytime she was on the screen, which was quite a bit. Season 2 seems to focus on one character, is how I feel. Season one seemed to deal with problems involving two friends. Season 2 seems to deal with more inwardly problems. Greed, impatience, Not Fitting In, etc. I dunno...

I totally agree with everything you just said. I was kind of tip-toeing 'round it in my opening post because I didn't want to sound negative about Season 2, but that pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter :lol:

ah, that's what I was going to say

I haven't been as big of a fan of Pinkie this season as I was last season because of her style of jokes. in the last rarity episode, we got to see a bit of the old-style pinkie (it wasn't exactly like old pinkie, but pretty dern close), so I'm hoping that means we'll get to see more of her in the future.

I think there is more overall humor coming from the rest of the cast this season.

I sure do want to see more Pinkie zaniness in the future, but for now, I'm satisfied with the progression of the characters!

I'm certain there's more Pinkie Pie songs and silliness coming up!

:D:D:D:D

Yeah, as I say, I am hopeful.

But once again, I think we find that this is one of the little problems of Season 2 that stems off of Twilight not being the only one who writes letters to Celestia. In a weird, topsy-turvy way - not only Twilight writing letters = less interraction between mane cast members = more focus on individuals = less of each of the other mane cast members = less Pinkie = less chance for her to be random and adorable.

Is SCIENCE!