Pony Comic Con?

Been thinking about this for awhile.

Would anyone be interested in a Pony Comic Con sort of thing? An event where artists/cartoonists/whatevers of any sort can register and show off their stuff for money/ publicity/ business?

I was thinking 'what better way for Sketch to get his work out in the open more than a convention?'

Merchandise! Sketches! Commissions! Comics! Pictures! Autographs! The works! And of course it's not just a one-pony con, though my personal focus will be of course on Sketch.

So... what think, Bronies?

I'd be more then happy to join that!

I could even put in an application for an artist pony. I've had the idea to do so for a while, but I was just procrastinating. Even if I do not create another character, I'm sure I could work Gladwin or Cross-Stitch in as a visitor. I think this is a clever, and fun, idea! I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

Glad to see this has so much support! :D

I might have to start it up sooner than expected. Not right away, but by the end of the week! In the meantime, any ideas for stuff that can happen at the con? Contests? Lotteries? Photo-ops?

Welp, in the way of contests, I understand most cons have a costume/cosplay contest. That might be cool (I'mtotallynotsuggestingthisbecauseIwanttoputNeoninhisNighthoofoutfit,nope). There could also be some sort of drawing contest for the artistically inclined, separated into different age brackets so everypony (and non-pony) would be able to participate. Lotto draws for art works or comic issues could be fun too.

*goes to look up Comic Con events* There could be an artist's alley for the more timid artists and panels for the more famous ones; opinion panels or Q&A as well.

On a sillier note, maybe some sort of karaoke thing towards the end of one of the days. Which reminds me, would this be separated into days like the Nightmare Night event was or just one continuous thread?