My epic win, fixed a dead plasma TV

Parker_Izing

Do you know the stunt, you loan your first-born for some grands and get a plasma TV, said TV burst the day after guarantee expires, then you're miserable.

I got a dead plasma from garbage (sitting aside container) got it in home, disassembled it, replaced the blown PSU by an old PC-AT one I got collecting dust, got it working, with some color bands, so I removed the panel, cleaned with watered down alcohol and Q-tips the rubberized bands carrying signal and reassembled, then I tried again, with a 90% fixed I used a Flat panel plunger (a video with solid colors alternating fast to unjam panels) so....

Imagen121.jpg

A 100% working 32 inch TV for diddly nothing. :kissy:

P.S. Ideeeaaaaa! ;-)

1. Buy faulty TV's (Or collect them by Scores at nearest electronics shop dumpster)

2. Fix them in minutes.

3. Resell them at 70% off

4. PROFIT!

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for your messages, while opening it I found what cause the vertical color bands, real cancer in this devices.

Look, the panel when connected generates heat, the heat dilates the panel (a part hold tight by the sides) this causes the panel to bulge outwards what produces stress on contact strips in mid-section, or can bulge inwards, ditto with corner contacts, those contacts can fail after time, cause it's separation lets dust come in, this dilation increases with the screen size plus operation temperature, so, one solution are the LED panels, and their lower heat emission, the other, is keeping the panel cold, for example, using PC like fans to force air circulation, the hot air rises, so the logic is air input as low as it cans, and air extraction on top, that should keep things cool. Some cheap fans can save a thousand dollar asset... They just need to be double side taped over the existing grills and be powered by a generic power brick.

Wow, I'm not a fan of Plasmas (VERY bad for getting burn-in, and I tend to leave my TV/Monitors paused a lot) but major props on fixing it!

And yes, if you *know* whats wrong and can fix it on the cheep, you can make a huge profit off ebay buying broken ones for ~$100-$200, repairing them, and then reselling then @ $400 or so.