Ugh, my brother is such a jerk.

DoctorWilliam

My big brother is the most insensitive, most immature, and the most annoying person I have to live with. He makes fun of the fact that I'm a brony (making me regret coming out about it to my family in the first place), occasionally butts in whenever I'm alone, or watching something, and mocks me with the most annoying voice. I've been trying to tolerate it, but It's not easy because he talks to me constantly about things he KNOWS I don't care about, and we have always have been at our necks when we were littler. I know that we're brothers and this kind of stuff is normal, but I don't think It's normal when he's 20 ****ing years old, still lives with in our parent's house, failed school, does nothing constructive with himself, and yet he has the guts to not have any consideration about my likings and in some cases, my feelings.

Just today he walked in in his boxers, hasn't shaved since last week, and came to walk in on my personal space to see what I was watching, and of course it was the latest episode of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, watching it being partially in the way of the screen. What made it worse was that it was at the climactic part of the episode (or in this case, the play) where the three executives set their differences aside, and became friends at the most dire situation almost being frozen along with their leaders. At this moment, my brother snickered (and not in a good way), went to the fridge, and when one of the ponies said friendship, he blurted out in a mocking tone "BECAUSE FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC". It completely ruined the climax for me, leaving me angry.

This might not seem like a big deal to some people, but the fact of all the other **** he's done to me, broniness aside and not, it just rubbed it in for me. I wish I could've watched the new episode in my room. =_=

So is it so wrong to hate my brother? I'm trying to not hate him, but he's not making it easy. I'm sorry if I'm sounding irrational in any way, but I could had to get this off my chest. What do you think?

As it sounds this is a recurring problem, even if you ignore him or laugh with him (unless you actually show him that he's upsetting you, in which case try ignoring him for a while). Better than letting him know you're upset, talking to someone - parents, siblings, friends, teachers, your paster or another member of your church. You definitely need some outlet to vent out your feelings in this situation. If the problem doesn't solve itself, you might need to approach him and let him know how your feel and try to talk it over with him - find out what's going on in his mind as well and why he does this. Try spending more time with him as well - do something both of you enjoy. Maybe try to teach him something you're talented in that he might be interested in learning - or vice verse, try and get involved in one of his hobbies. Try and put together family game nights - friendly competition brings people closer as well. At the same time, spend enough time away from him as well - being together too often can especially raise tension between them. Try and improve on personal activities you're good at - maybe you like writing or you're a competitive swimmer - anything that makes you feel better about yourself. Encourage and support him whenever possible as well. If he's involved in a choir or perhaps participating in a sport or other sort of competition, go and watch him and congratulate him on what he does well. You're getting beat down by his bullying and as it sounds like he's having a tough time getting on his own feet. Sounds like the key is for both of you to feel better about yourselves as well as each other - if you're upset with your own self you're only going to make things worse for those around you. Adding on negatives only digs you deeper into the hole.

@ZeroHero: Thank you. I will definitely use your advice, or atleast consider it. I know it was inconsiderate of me to think that he has no problem of his own, but I can't really think of any other than the fact that he's not willing to do something with his life.

@KirbyCrackle: We don't have any rules about keeping doors unlocked, but that doesn't matter since I don't have access to my room. The thing is, is that my room isn't sanitary enough to live in at the moment. Long story short, I neglected even using it for a long time (the reason for that is a bit personal), and now It's gotten so filthy that it smells completely awful, and just being in there gives me an allergy attack. The carpet is the main culprit. I would clean it, but unfortunately our carpet cleaner broke, and my family is having some financial trouble, so we can't afford a new one. The Living room has practically been my room for the past three months.

A large brick to the head should shave off enough IQ points that he wont care anymore! (j/k!)

I really want to say that if you explained your feelings and told him the truth, that it would make the difference, that he would accept you and you'd hug and be best friends forever... but unless you find a portal to equestria, that ain't gonna' happen...

Best bet is to watch it on a laptop, sitting against the wall, with headphones on, so that he cant see what it is, and be ready to quickly alt-tab to something else. Depending on how obvious your bronyism is, you might even look at picking your least-favorite episode and making a loud rant about it, claiming it destroyed the series for you and you'll never be able to watch FiM again, then go deep underground with it.

Not the best of options, but somtimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do... Short of moving out I really dont see much options since he obviously isnt going to move out...

Let me make a post to you that will most likely be filled with things you don't want to hear.

Your brother IS still your brother. He may be 20, and still living with you and your parents, but he IS still your brother. No matter how much you would like for him to leave, or not exist, he will always be your brother. Before you can get any further, you NEED to accept this fact. Now, if you told your family your "secret" of being a brony, then that too, is a good step. Now that you're not hiding anything. If your brother mocks you for it, ignore him. Or, better yet, try to show him that it can be a good show. Don't just yell at him as like trolls, that is what he wants. You need to calmly, sit down, and tell him that you do not like the way that he has been treating you. If you do not have your own room at the moment, then this is even better. You need to talk to him, and tell him how you feel. Or else it will just get worse. Do NOT just ignore him. As that is how problems just get worse. IF he can't accept the fact that you like the show, then just ignore him. ONLY after talking to him about your feelings, however.

You do NOT hate your brother. This is simply a stage in life. As ALL of us have gone through it. Your brother was once your age, too. don't forget that. It's only natural that siblings are at eachothers' throats all the time. It wouldn't be a family if they weren't. You can't just wish the problems away, either. Only you can fix what needs to be fixed. Don't be mean, don't threaten, and be nice. Talk to him about it, and tell him that the way he is acting is immature, and that he should keep his opinions to himself, unless asked otherwise. Or, if none of this works, talk to your parents about it. You don't necessarily need to bring the show into the mess, but tell them the way he is treating you, and how you feel about it. There is no need to be ranting online when you could be fixing your problems.

I hope this helps!

^My family knows that I'm a brony, yes. My brother knows very well that the show is good, he's admitted it to me before. He's just unwilling to watch it (probably because of how his friends influence him). Ignoring him hasn't gotten me anywhere, which is why I'm asking for advice. I'm not sure if he knows I've been offended by it. I once flipped him off, but he didn't give any second thought that I might've actually been offended. I agree that I should probably talk to him, but I've never been sure when the best time is to. You are correct that deep down, I probably don't have it in me to hate my brother. And though we have had decent times occasionally, he only thinks of it for his own benefit rather than spending time with me. If I do talk to him about this, I will be as calm and nice as possible, but I will probably also be stern at some moments. I get that ranting about the situation on the internet probably wasn't the wisest thing to do, but I wanted some advice since I wasn't too comfortable confronting him about it. I don't exactly have a lot of confidence in me. Thank you. Your advice has probably been one of the most helpful ones given so far.

A lot of people have already said what I was going to, so I will quickly give my 2 cents: Love and tolerate. What can you actually do? You cannot directly change his actions, you only have control over your own. You have to make a decision: either talk to him or dont.

If you do talk to him, try to be nice and non-confrontational. Be civil and polite. But above all, tell him how you feel. Do not demonise him, but tell him you find his actions unacceptable. From my experience with bullies (only child, though similar to how you described situation), for want of a better word, are not well approached with "if you stop this, i will do this for you". It puts them in a position of power.

If you dont talk to him about it, dont have high expectations of the outcome. The problem is not likely to go away. If you do this, DO NOT FEED THE TROLL! It will only encourage him.

I have to agree with both death and Dashie: headphones are king; avoid going to parents except as a last resort, no need to poison the well.

^My parents are actually the most accepting out of the whole ordeal. At first they were like "Um... Are you sure...?" Because they couldn't really imagine a modern cartoon, let alone one that is normally thought to be targetted towards little girls would appeal to me. I didn't really have the confidence to explain to them in detail why I liked the show so much, but after they did some research, and talked to me about it again, they understood enough to accept me for it. But anyway, you are right. It is my choice whether I do something about it and no one else's.

Still, I wish I could watch it on TV without being disturbed because I want to be a legit viewer and give the channel a morsel of profit from watching the show.

Fair enough, sounds like your parents are cool with it. The reason that I said avoid going to parents (if and only if you decide to talk to your brother) is simple: you still have to live with your brother. If you go to them for help, I doubt that your brother will change his actions due to him having a change of heart. He will likely chance his actions because they are his parents.

Also, he may become bitter, which is good for no-pony, especially yourself.

While I do agree with supporting the company, you need to decide wethere the problems with your brother outweigh your convictions.

Good luck regardless.