Beautiful Guitars

weesh

Firstly, a satisfying link to the tumblr post in question:

http://miindhoney.tu...117/ponyguitars

Now you would think this would stand on its own. That a picture so beautiful is all you need for a thread, but that is not why I bring it to your attention.

After you have seen the picture, read the content from the author's next post (hidden only to preserve the order in which you see the two parts)

The first one looks like a weird, tacky mix of the Fender Jaguar and Jazz. The white Gibson is beautiful. The purple Gibson looks too tacky. The Fender Telecaster looks lame. And I have nothing to say to the last two. Rainbow and apples? -_-

This is actually the most perfect comment! It seems like this person didn’t know that they were supposed to be ponies because the my original text was effaced, but somehow she almost managed to describe each pony just from the guitars. Pinkie WOULD be a tacky odd-ball, and Rarity SHOULD be the beautiful/flashy one (though that’s a Gretsch not a Gibson, says so on the headstock). Actually the rest of them all should be kind of tacky or a little lame. That’s what makes them AWESOME! Also she managed to extract rainbows and apples from the Rainbow Dash and Applejack guitars. This comment officially makes me feel like this was a complete success.

Thank you!

The highlight is that these guitars look quite strange together, and if you are looking into the personality of each pony in a group shot, they don't look like they belong together either. The bond that connects them in spite of their differences is a huge part of why I watch the show.

I find myself drawn to the simplicity of the Rarity one... odd as she's my least-favorite pony (not that I dont like her, she's just TOO dramatic and too Snobby for me)

The first word that popped into my head when I saw the Dash one was "Radical!" lol

I suddenly wish I'd finished learning guitar so many years ago... lol

• Like 1

I find myself drawn to the simplicity of the Rarity one... odd as she's my least-favorite pony (not that I dont like her, she's just TOO dramatic and too Snobby for me)

My first thought of the Rarity guitar was that it was the only one without her cutie mark. Then I zoomed in an discovered that her gems are inlaid on the neck as the position markers. Classy!

but i never got any lessons :P

I had basic lessons in music class in school. I learned all 6 main strings but never went further and would be hard-pressed to even point out any one given string today... (though I idly considered learning again, but with what little time I have and what few performance venues... I'd probably only be performing at most 2x-3x a year on cons or something, and then only if I got really good)