45 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best mane?

• Rainbow Dash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Applejack
    • Pinkie Pie

If you've seen my art, then you know my answer is RD by a landslide, followed by AJ and Twilight. These three have more "loosely" styled hair, I guess you could say, so there's room to play around with it for effects in my drawings. Pinkie's, Rarity's, and Fluttershy's, which are more "bound" to a particular style, giving them a few more rules than the other half, I guess. Outside of my opinions regarding drawing their hair, I don't really care, personally - but I still kind of have a thing against Pinkie's, Rarity's, and Fluttershy's. Maybe I'm just biased because they're the more girly half, imo? >.<

Rarity, no question. ^^ It's always beautiful, be it down, up, wet or dry.

I even liked it in dreads or whatever that was in "Bridal Gossip". Well, until she tripped. The thing about her hair though, her attitude suffers when a single hair is out of place, or if the humidity is bad and the future calls for a hair to be out of place.

Rainbow Dash's hair, in comparison, can look pretty crazy, as in "Fall Weather Friends" and it won't even phase her. My two favorite pictures of manes in the entire series are RD at the end of Fall Weather Friends, and RD wearing an elastic headband while trying to help Apple Bloom get her cutie mark.

There is no doubt that Rarity has the most stylish mane.

Though every pony's mane fits them in their own way. RD's is colorful, brash and for lack of a better word... "cool" looking. TS's is more sensible and a basic cut. Rarity's is stylish. FS's is long and allows her to have a coy looking. AJ's is thick and I really don't know how to explain it, but it matches with her southern-esque farmer type personality (you know that whole country girl pony look). Pinkie Pie's is fun and poofy. (I think that is everypony) So yeah... Really when you get down to it they are all equally great, because they were designed to match the characters. Just going by looks, it would have to be Rarity though.

Speaking of Rarity's mane...I wonder how it goes through so much punishment without getting messed up >_> Three things that seemed to mess it up were a manticore roar, sticking her head in the trash and somehow stress (but really, the stress wasn't that bad really)... Falling from Cloudsdale at terminal velocity? Nope, still perfect... Rain? Made it flat for a bit, went back to normal shortly thereafter, no frizz at all. Mud? Her mane (and AJ's too for that matter) seem to repel mud.

Speaking of Rarity's mane...I wonder how it goes through so much punishment without getting messed up >_> Three things that seemed to mess it up were a manticore roar, sticking her head in the trash and somehow stress (but really, the stress wasn't that bad really)... Falling from Cloudsdale at terminal velocity? Nope, still perfect... Rain? Made it flat for a bit, went back to normal shortly thereafter, no frizz at all. Mud? Her mane (and AJ's too for that matter) seem to repel mud.

Well she IS a unicorn focused on fashion. She probably has some sort of passive spell to keep it all in place.

Hm...Let's see...I've got Rainbow Dash in my name, an avatar, and I talk about her all the time. Who's is my favorite?

Applejack's in the episode "The Elements of Harmony" in season one immediately after the giant dragon. (Who Rarity lends her Mane to) falls in to the water, and she has the long bangs in the front. Yes, I'm being that specific. I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about, and others, well, look it up, I can't seem to find an image.

Otherwise, OF COURSE it's Rainbow Dash!