Who am I? A little insight

Wicked Wishes

Ello everyone! I go by many names online, including Morguemeat, but many just call me Meaty. I am male, currently twenty-five years old, and fancy myself a bit of a wordsmith. I keep myself sharp with roleplay, and have been doing so for well over a decade now. I like to use video games and various shows on television as sources of inspiration, especially cartoons.

I first got into My Little Pony when I was far too young to really understand much of anything. Ah, that lovely age of blissful ignorance. I can't even recall the number of times I watched the original My Little Pony Movie. As I grew older I lost interest. It just really wasn't my thing. I was more about action and adventure! Two generations of the series uneventfully went by, and eventually Friendship is Magic was created. I watched a single episode of it out of random curiosity and discovered that I actually enjoyed it. After falling in love with the show, I watched every other episode that was available to me at the time. Even now, I squeal with glee when a new episode makes its way onto Youtube. It takes me back to those innocent and carefree days of childhood, when things weren't so entirely stressful. Back then, everything seemed like magic. Many guys like to think that having an interest in the iconic magic giggleponies is one of the most exceedingly unmanly things one can do, but in reality, it is those people who are uncomfortable with their own masculinity.

The primary thing that brings me to this particular forum is a strong desire I've had since discovering Friendship is Magic. I wish to do a My Little Pony roleplay. One with an epic plot that includes the classic struggle between good and evil, while still adhering to the spirit of My Little Pony. Perhaps I shall have a bit of luck here. I have just the character in mind.

Eeheehee.

aressapony.png

I'm sure you'll find out more about her later. Anyway, I believe that's enough about me for now!

Hi! You can call me Cinnamon (that's gonna be my character's name). I see I'm not the only pony who's been looking for an RP based on Friendship is Magic. I'd be glad to join this epic campaign of yours. =) I've been planning to play a drifter pony, a "mysterious stranger" as it were. Yes, a mysterious stranger named "Cinnamon". Just... don't make fun of her name.

Ah! Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. *Brohoofs back!* It is quite difficult for one to not admit that FiM is one of the best cartoons to have come out in a long time, at least in my opinion. Those particular creators do good work. I've liked everything they've done prior to their wonderful take on MLP.

Hi! You can call me Cinnamon (that's gonna be my character's name). I see I'm not the only pony who's been looking for an RP based on Friendship is Magic. I'd be glad to join this epic campaign of yours. =) I've been planning to play a drifter pony, a "mysterious stranger" as it were. Yes, a mysterious stranger named "Cinnamon". Just... don't make fun of her name.

Ah, well, hopefully you will be in for a ride when I actually get rolling! I have a tendency to play villains! I find them incredibly interesting. Wicked Wishes up there is a particularly fun one of mine. She's essentially the Pony form of a character I've been playing for years. She only exists because someone randomly drew that picture of her. I decided I wanted to actually put the image to use!

Honestly, FiM is the most well-done cartoon I've ever watched. I can't say I'm familiar with the previous generations of MLP, though.

Speaking of images, I really should find an picture for Cinnamon. Maybe ask around on the image request section here. Anyhoo... when you get the campaign going, look me up! =)

G1 was quite interesting. It was even more sickeningly sweet, but had interesting spots containing unintentional nightmare fuel. The first movie featured a terrible fellow turning Ponies into monsters to pull his chariot. I can't say that sort of thing wont crop up in my roleplaying. X3

I will be sure to keep you in the loop!

Hey there, and welcome to the forums!

I recall those G-1 days, but for me they were never steady enough to manage to really get into the show. I had a few toys, but I was young and so was my attention span. When I first heard of FiM I rolled my eyes a bit thinking "ah, what better way to spend the afternoon than to remind myself of how embarrassing my youth was!", and like so many others was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised.

We've got a lot going on here at the boards; the RP section being just one of our awesome features, we've also got a chat with live bronies, and all sorts of shenanigans in the other boards as well- but as its RP your looking for, you've come to the right place!

There are some helpful links in my sig for you, including the best-selling topic called "Rules" (I highly recommend, its a fantastic read), and after that is a link to our Equestrian Characters board, where you can find resources to help build/design and share your character ideas. It looks like you've already got something whipped up, but you can also see what other ponies are doing.

We've very temporarily suspended applications for characters due to the sheer number of applications pouring in and we really need to sleep, too, but be sure to take a look in the applications forum so that you'll be ready to submit yours when we open them up again.

Once again, glad to have you onboard, and welcome to the herd!