My Little Pony: Our Story

ThunderFlash

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon to begin the night. Thus, the two sisters maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects: all the different types of ponies.

But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The ponies relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth, but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her, but the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked mare of darkness: Night Mare Moon. She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night.

Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to ponydom: The Elements of Harmony! Using the magic of The Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister and banished her permanently in the moon. The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon, and harmony has been mantained in Equestria for generations since.

--------

This is the story that we all know of, and that we've all come to love. However, things shall be working slightly differently. In a different dimension, the ponies that we know as the Elements of Harmony do not exist. Instead, six different ponies, as well as a few others, have taken their place. Each has their own talents, quirks, and personalities that differ from the Mane 6. This is the story of their adventures in the Mane 6's shoes. This is Our Story.

--------

Current Episode~

Episode One: Mare in The Moon!

The episode starts with the Element of Magic arriving at Ponyville. Princess Celestia has sent him/her to study the wonders of Friendship, but he/she has discovered the dreaded Nightmare Moon may soon be returning...

QuickLime was not happy as she finally landed in Ponyville, letting out a groan as her hooves touched the ground, wings folding back tightly against her body. After thanking the guards for the trip the tall green Pegasus took in her surroundings. It was strange that a Pegasus was the Princess’s top student and magic user, since she lacked a horn one would think it impossible. But around her neck on a pendant was a old kingdom rune that glew ever so faintly. It was due to the pegasus’s study and knowledge of magic that she was able to take her position, plus she loved knowledge of any kind! Herbology being a personal favorite.

“Ugh lets just get this over with so we can deal with the problem at hand” She said to her assistant as she started towards town hall “First things first, we need to check on the decorations” The sooner she got this done the sooner she could retire and work on solving the Nightmare Moon threat that was close at hand.

The princess had brushed off her concernes which was rather blood boiling!

The white coated, blue maned pegasus Colton Cloudkicker was on a pleasant stroll through the streets of Ponyville. Despite being a traveller by trade the pegasus had come into a reasonable amount of money after taking up an open position in the Ponyville weather watch. As a result of this Colton would be staying in Ponyville for the perceivable future, he didn't mind this as he had become rather accustomed to the town where he had spent nearly a year.

Colton was accompanied by his pet bird Sparks, who had been his companion for a good five years now. As the two took there stroll they were still vigilant as they were both technically 'on duty' but Colton just saw that as an opportunity for a break since nothing out of the ordinary had occurred as of yet. The pegasus found his walk turn into a flight though as Sparks for some unknown reason decided to go higher up, "Uh...Sparks....What are you doing?" Colton asked as the bird began to make a series of gestures, and it seems these gestures indicated a challenge to the pegasus, more specifically a race!

"You sure now? You know you're not gonna win right?" Colton stated to the bird in a cocky tone. The bird disregarded this and began the race early, "Oh you little cheater!" Colton said as he zoomed across the sky in pursuit of the sparrow. The race was cut short however when Sparks pulled a rather 'brash' action, the bird had spotted a seemingly unfamiliar green pegasus. The bird did some tricks during his run to distract the pegasus and ultimately, sent him into the mystery pony.

Colton composed himself after this fall though, carefully shaking his head as the dust settled. He looked over to see if the pegasus was alright....but found that the crash had sent her into a nearby muddy puddle.....and made quite a mess of her hair. Colton tried to speak from his laughter at the pegasus' newly comical appearance.

"I....sorry Miss.....Um......I didn't see ya." He said as he chuckled in during the pauses in his speech. Whilst Colton tried to remain composed, Sparks was a few feet away, bursting with laughter on the ground, "You uh......okay?" Colton asked as he cleared his throat.

Gizmo, QuickLime's faithful assistant, was about to remark on where to find the decorations planner, before letting out a not-so-manly scream at a speeding white pegasus heading RIGHT FOR THEM! Closing his eyes and bracing for impact, he slowly opened his eyes to a scene of Lime covered in mud and the new pegasus apologizing to his caretaker. He rushed to Lime's side, offering to help her up. "Are you okay Lime?"

Quicklime's ears were flat and her mane was flat as well which looked strange on the often spiky haired pony's body... she took Gizmo's help up and just sighed "...I'm...fine" She replied calm and cooly... "Just.. fine..." Trying to not set the pegasus on fire... "I see you are in charge of the...Mail?"

Colton was still stifling some of his laughter, but he eventually stopped though when the green pegasus had a particular look on her face, She's gonna set me on fire isn't she? He himself before responding to the still waiting pegasus, "Well um...no actually, I'm part of the weather watch team here in Ponyville, I was just delivering this to......somepony and I must have not looked where i was going." Colton stated sheepishly as he looked back at the bird, who was still in ruptures.

"Anyway, I think we got off on the wrong foot, I'm Colton." The pegasus stated as he held out a friendly hoof.

She would but the Princess had recently lectured her on setting ponies on fire.. she tentivly shook the ponies hoof "Oh..I'm QuickLime.. nice to meet you Mr...Colton" She wasn't happy to meet him, now she was all gross! What was wrong with this town!? First thing that happens she gets assaulted by a doofus!?

Colton could feel the obvious tension but he didn't want to seem anymore rude....if that was even possible so he tried to say something to ease the tension, "Well it's nice to meet you Quicklime, you look kinda new so....Welcome to Ponyville." He stated with a rather nervous smile. As he did though the little sparrow a few feet away finished laughing as he mounted himself on Colton's head.

"Oh...and this here is Sparks." He said as the bird made a bow whilst still chuckling. Colton then put his arm around the pegasus' head onto her shoulder, trying not to get his hoof muddy. He stopped and said, "You know Quicklime, these aren't the 'best circumstances' but I'm sure we're gonna be good friends." Colton stated eagerly.

[Why yes, I did slightly rework the first couple paragraphs from my lastest fanfic, that was originally this post, to make this post. (Postception?) U mad?]

On the outskirts of Ponyville sat a disused clock tower. It was one of the last surviving remnants of the older parts of the small town that had been abandoned for the newer developments that had been constructed in less forgotten times. Most ponies didn't stray too close to the old building, as the ghost stories told by mischievous colts and fillies even deterred the older ponies to an extent. However, for its two residents, the seclusion was not problematic.

Inside the old structure's lowest level, a young mare dashed between two flasks that were connected by a curled tube. The curl was mostly for aesthetic purposes, but everything factored into the unicorn's experiment. The area immediately surrounding the experiment was cluttered with notes, diagrams, and bottles of chemical that had been haphazardly placed around the room. In one corner, a bed and closet sat stationary, though their use varied greatly as revealed by the lack of creases in the fabric of the sheets. The one oasis in the sea of discordant organization was occupied by a light brown ferret. The ferret watched the frantic movements of the mare from what he perceived to be a safe distance, knowing that this recent foray into science could go one of two ways.

The unicorn concentrated upon a small flame that hung without a platform beneath the first flask. It's size increased, as though invisible tinder had been added to the fire. It caused the green liquid inside the first to bubble and some of the substance sloshed through the tube. It reached the other container with some coaxing by the unicorn and mixed with the red substance that lay still at its destination. The produced substance was a mildly acidic, desaturated yellow liquid.

"Aha! I have done it at last, Tesla," said the unicorn, extinguishing the fire with an offhand thought. The ferret sighed, still unsure what the purpose of creating the rather useless substance served. She bottled the newly created liquid and placed ito upon a shelf that contained several such creations of varying colour. She also consulted the notepad that hovered near the unicorn constantly during her work. "Now that we have finished our part for the Summer Sun Celebration, it is time to get cracking at our true objective for the day." The excitement in her voice was barely contained and she had a hop in her step as she paced the room.

"We shall finally begin our first stage of Experiment U.P.E.M.C!" The acronym seemed to hold great promise for the unicorn, but her animal companion looked on in confusion. "Unicorn, Pegasi, and Earth Pony Magical Co-relation," she explained. "It shall be my legacy unto the scientific world of Equestria! Unified Magical Theory will finally have to proof it requires to become fact!"

She stopped, realizing the one barrier to her grand experiment. "However, I shall need test subjects." The unicorn looked around hopefully, as though she expected three prime ponies to simply materialize at her will. "Onward Tesla!" she exclaimed. "We have a pegasus to procure."

And a pegasus they found, right in the middle of the town square. Two pegasi in fact. And the finding was more like crashing.

"Right..Friends" She muttered moving to shake her head to get the mud out of her poor black and green streaked mane..ofcourse things went from bad to worse as a bumbling unicorn CRASHED into the two pegasi;knocking poor QuickLime once again back into the mud! She coughed and sputtered as the dark brown liquid dripped off her mane onto her green muzzle, eyes narrowing dangerously as she adjusted her glasses.

Urge to set on fire...rising.

Gizmo, also covered in mud, noticed Lime wanting to burn things. Seriously, when you live with a pony for your entire life, you get to know their 'I'm going to burn everything' face. Hoping to not have everything on fire by the end of their first day in a new town, Gizmo came up with a daring plan to defuse the situation before it exploded. Turning to the other ponies who apparently can't see straight, he cleared his throat and began "Er, hi. My name's Gizmo, I'm Quick Lime's assistant." He pointed a thumb over his shoulder to the muddy green pegasus. "We're new in town and were sent by the Princess to check up on the preperations for the Summer Sun Celebration. If you could point us in the direction of the person in charge, that would awesome." He smiled at the two ponies, hoping they wouldn't make this any worse than it had to be.

The unicorn recovered quickly from the collision, faring much better than the mud covered pegasus. She was startled slightly by the swiftness of her recovery and was not quite in command of all her faculties. She blinked twice, clearing the tiny stars in her vision and observing the scene. Celestia must be smiling upon us today, she thought. Not one, but TWO pegasi to assist my research. Unfortunately, subterfuge is not my forte and I doubt any of these ponies would much enjoy being studied like common lab rats.

However, the intervention of a young dragon shook the mare from her ponderings. She also finally noticed the pyromaniacal expression upon the green pegasus' face. She had seen that expression before, especially in unicorns who enjoyed fire-based spells. However, she was convinced that she could get some sort of useful data out of these ponies, especially if she was more flexible to their wishes. Flux was loathe to give up any opportunity to study a pegasus, but she supposed if one were to leave, she would still have access to the other. "Certainly Gizmo," she replied, putting on her less maniacal scientist and more Canterlotian attitude. "I believe the Mayor is organizing the Celebration itself, but several ponies have been assigned certain tasks. Take myself for example, I was asked to create the lighting effects for the entrance of the Princess and such." Her words brought the realization of an opportunity upon her: when this QuickLime came by to observe her work on the lighting effects.

Colton dusted himself off after the fall, he didn't know what just happened but he was too dazed at the moment to come to a solid conclusion. He got snapped out of this state though as he got flicked on the nose by Sparks, the pegasus shook his head a few times to get whatever stars he still had in his vision to go away. Once he did, he saw that a new pony had appeared almost as if from nowhere, a unicorn in fact.

Colton didn't stand there quiet for much longer, he heard Quicklime's travelling companion speak up and ask for directions. Colton had gotten to know the entire town pretty well at this point, but before he could say anything he was cut off by the new unicorn who explained the situation to the dragon, "Uh....yeah....what she said..." Colton said as he shyly rubbed the back of his head.

The new unicorn seemed rather strange to Colton, he couldn't put his hoof on it but she had a slightly....maniacal look in her eye....He could tell she was looking for something. Not wanting to be rude though, he held out a friendly hoof to the unicorn, "Pleased to meet you Miss....I'm Colton Cloudkicker." He said with a smile, as he realized today was a lot more.... clumsy than usual for him.

"The Mayor, huh? Makes sense. Very well then, if you'll excuse us, we shall be leaving. Take care you two!" Gizmo smiled a manly smile and turned to make for the Mayor's Hall. Or City Hall. Minor detail that he'll figure out later, because right now there is an important task to be done, to ensure the preperations are living up to expectations! And he, Gizmo, the greatest faithful assistant ever, would be darned if his task was incompleted! "See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" he said softly to Lime "Just be nice and other ponies are nice in return... usually."

A pony of the energetic variety was trotting along, happily humming to himself as they went. It was a beautiful day, so how bad could a walk hurt? He had even heard that they might be getting a new resident, straight from Canterlot. It was an odd rumor, one that Thunderflash didn't pay much attention to. He was much too busy with the preparations for the festival. Surprisingly, Thunder had been assigned to making sure the food was perfect. He wasn't much of a cook himself, but there were others that were glad to help fit the bill.

Thunder was on his way to pick up an order from Mrs. Cake, when he stopped in front of a pony and a dragon. He blinked, confused a tad bit, but smiled nonetheless."Sup. You lookin' for something?" he asked, laid-back and at ease. The mare in front of him must have been through a bit of a scuffle, given the bits of mud and what-not that littered her. "I don't recognize you...are y'new or something? Name's Thunderflash. What's yours?" he asked, taking her hoof and giving it a firm hoofshake. He grinned, happy to have met sompony new, but unaware of the foul mood the female might have been in.

QuickLime Flinched as her hoof got shook vigorusly by the new pony "Ahh" Retracting it "Um..yes we're from Canterlot..the Princess asked me to come and check on how things were going...its um..a pleasure" No it wasn't these ponies were driving her bat poo crazy! At least this one hadn't pelted her with mud or worse...

Lime was beginning to fumble over her words. Never a good sign. Gizmo turned to his companion. "Er, Lime? You okay? You're not usually this... fumbly" He turned to the newcomer, "I'm sorry, she's just having a bad day. She's QuickLime, and I'm Gizmo, her assistant. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Thunderflash. We're looking for the Mayor's office; we were told she's in charge of setting up for the Summer Sun Celebration, and we were sent by the Princess Herself to check up on how things are down here."

Thunder smiled, still ignorant to Lime's foul mood. "Well, It's good meetin' you two. I think you'll find Ponyville to be nice little place!" he said with a nod. Thunder looked to Gizmo, who said they were looking for the mayor. ​"Ah, yeah, she should be around here somewhere. But if you want to know, she's just overseeing the preparations. She distributed the jobs to some of us around Ponyville. I'm in charge of food for the celebration." he explained, and put a hoof to his chin. "I think there are a few others around who have jobs too. I know Flux and Colton have jobs...I think." Thunder mumbled to himself.

He smiled again, starting to walk off a bit. "If you two need any help, then I'll be around. Just gimmie a holler if you need anything, alright? Later!" he said, giving a quick salute before trotting off to the Sugarcube Corner.

Gizmo waved to the departing pegasus before beginning to continue walking.

When suddenly remembered he didn't actually get an answer as to where the Mayor's office actually is. He stopped walking and turned to Lime "Uh, did you by chance happen to catch if he said where the Mayor's office is?" He began scratching his head. "Uh-oh. This isn't good..."

((to push this along, i'll be playing a nameless pony right quick))

The whole event was garnering a crowd of on lookers Most of these ponies refused to get close, save for one rather brave (or stupid) stallion. Out of the two there he decided speaking with the dragon would be the better choice and leaned down.

"Hey there little guy, you're looking for the mayor's office right?" The copper colored stallion points to his left. "Head that way through town and you'll find a large round buildin' hard ta miss it" He leans in closer so the rather angry mare can't hear him. "En good luck with your....friend ere, she looks like somethin' fierce." And with that he bolted off from the scene once given a death stare by the muddy, frazzled mare.

Gizmo was about to offer his thanks, but then the new pony ran off. "Er... alright then." He began to notice the crowd gathering. He leaned towards QuickLime "Perhaps we should get a move on. Like, now." He started tugging at one of Lime's front hooves.

QuickLime wasn't in a mood and heard what the other pony said, glancing down at Gizmo she sighed and nodded "Yeah come on" Grabbing the dragon by the back of the neck she started towards the round building, moving to push the door open then dropped her spiky assistant "Alright we're here what do we do?" She had a sense she should get a move on things now and had no more time to waist with silly ponies!

Much to the dismay of the Pegasus, the mayor was nowhere to be seen within the town hall. The only pony present was a black and white unicorn that seemed lost in his thought; ribbons and banners soared and landed on various columns of the old building.

Hmm…it’s just….missing…..Something” The unicorn tapped his chin and strained his sight at the bows before gasping aloud. “THAT’S IT!” with a flick of his horn all the bows had become covered in gems and glittler. Seemingly pleased with himself he just started to trot happily around. “Oh yes yes! I must say this place is just a delight now!

Will’s face was redder then red when he realized he wasn’t the only pony in the town hall anymore, he would have crawled under a table if one was nearby at this realization. “Oh! Umm, sorry you had to see that. I was pretty sure I was the only pony in here” ((next post he’ll tweak about her mane))

Before Gizmo could think of a reaction, he was overcome by the sheer amount of decorations this unicorn had put up. Everything was covered in jewels and looked so... tasty... jewels...

Gizmo shook himself out of it and began "Er, that's quite alright, sir. We were just looking for the mayor; we were told she's the one in charge of setting up for the Summer Sun Celebration, and we were sent to make sure everything is going as planned."

He quickly looked around again at the delicious jewels lining the halls. "Er, you wouldn't happen to have any more jewels you're not using for the decorating, would you?" He began to drool a bit as he started at the gems in a bit of a daze.