Season 1 Episode poll

Hippo

We've tried this a few times. Once we had a bracket type system of polls to determine the winning episode. And the battle was epic. We also just had a poll that attempted to break the limitations of only having 20 options to choose from.

I thought I'd give it a shot, I hope no one minds.

Instead of an actual in-site poll, I have decided to create a survey that can be submitted for counting and that it would be through PM. I will count the votes. :P

Here's how to do it:

Make a list from 1-26 and order your favorite episodes from season 1 from best to worst, #1 being your favorite episode from season 1, and #26 being your least favorite from season 1.

I understand this is quite a task in itself, but the results should be more accurate once we get enough votes turned in. Here's how the poll will be evaluated--no surprises. #1 votes will get 26 points, #2 votes will get 25 points. #3 will get 24 points and so on down to #26 which will get 1 point. So, there can be NO TIES. Every list must have the numbers 1-26 with no ties for first place and crap like that. Don't worry, just because an episode you really like gets 3rd on the list, it still gets a lot of points for being high on the list.

In this way we should be able to determine which episode is best overall. NOTE: You can vote for the episodes in any way, whether it be overall quality, favorite characters, funniest episode, best storyline, whatever you want. You CAN NOT, however, throw in season 2 episodes. Also, DO NOT post your list in this topic. Send me a message via PM with the list and name it "Season 1 poll list". You may only submit on list. In this way, the lists will not cross contaminate (unless you decide to share to others some other way). If you do not number the list, I will assume the order as if you did list them by number. I will count a second "1" as number 2. If you do not list all 26 episodes, Your vote WILL NOT COUNT!

Obviously, this poll requires you to think for a while about which episodes you like most. You may need to get a pen and pencil to help order them, but I would recommend copy/pasting the episode list in a spreadsheet program and order them that way.

Here are all the season 1 episodes:

Friendship is Magic: Part 1 (The Mare in the Moon)

Friendship is Magic: Part 2 (The Elements of Harmony)

The Ticket Master

Applebuck Season

Griffon the Brush-off

Boast Busters

Dragonshy

Look Before You Sleep

Bridle Gossip

Swarm of the Century

Winter Wrap Up

Call of the Cutie

Fall Weather Friends

Suited for Success

Feeling Pinkie Keen

Sonic Rainboom

Stare Master

The Show Stoppers

A Dog and Pony Show

Green Isn't Your Color

A Bird in the Hoof

Over a Barrel

The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Owl's Well That Ends Well

Party of One

The Best Night Ever

After I have received enough lists, I will post results here. If you have not voted, please refrain from viewing the results until after you have voted.

heh, i dont think i could take the time to decide... I really like all the episodes... plus i'd really have to go through them all again to really tell, it;s been so long since i watched those episodes...

Yeah, how much care should we put into this? I could probably throw a list together in 5 minutes, or agonize over it for hours. If you (riverhippo) are ok with a first impression (with care given to the top 5) then you would get the 5 minute version from me.

It really shouldnt take more than ten minutes. Its best to go by gut instinct. And dont feel guilty that a fun episode is being put towards the bottom of your list, we are all aware that 26th place is not the worst episode, but the 26th favorite.

As for depth of the poll, I feel that this is the best version possible to get a good thorough result from people. There are episodes that hit number one for a lot of people, but this poll is best to determine which episodes stand alone best as all around great episodes, even if they may not be considered people's number one episode.

It think when the results are shown, you'd be surprised how alike most of us think. We can debate forever about which episode is the best, but we can mostly agree on which episodes are better than others.

I understand that this poll is a bit much. My intent is not to pick apart the favoritism of the episodes, but to have some sort of evidence as to what episodes are favored most by our community. As of yet, we do not have any hard evidence that suggests which episodes are favored most. I think the results will be enlightening, and will allow us to appreciate the show even more.

• Like 1

Might I suggest further that you use cross country running scoring? It might save you a bunch of math, and decrease the odds of an error. The first favorite episode would get 1 point, the 26th favorite would get 26 points, and the lowest score wins.

Hmmm...

*takes list*

*breaks it into groups based upon general like-ness*

*thinks*

*re-arranges whole thing*

*move into .txt*

*shifts everything around*

*forgets which episode is which*

*re-watches some*

*forgets what doing*

*hours pass*

*pms Riverhippo*

*regret*

Regret? Why?

The regret I felt was because one of the episodes that made me feel all warm and squishy inside was relatively low on the list, and I couldn't justify pushing it about any of the episodes above it.

I

• 3 weeks later...

i only got 7 ballots, which is pitiful. But here are the results

1 Sonic Rainboom 138

2 Winter Wrap Up 137

3 Friendship is Magic: Part 2 128

4 Party of One 128

5 Fall Weather Friends 124

6 The Cutie Mark Chronicles 122

7 Friendship is Magic: Part 1 121

8 Bridle Gossip 119

9 The Best Night Ever 117

10 Griffon the Brush-off 115

11 Feeling Pinkie Keen 108

12 Dragonshy 104

13 Suited for Success 100

14 Green Isn't Your Color 98

15 A Dog and Pony Show 96

16 Boast Busters 87

17 The Ticket Master 84

18 Applebuck Season 82

19 Stare Master 69

20 Look Before You Sleep 66

21 Over a Barrel 65

22 Swarm of the Century 62

23 A Bird in the Hoof 60

24 The Show Stoppers 58

25 Owl's Well That Ends Well 36

26 Call of the Cutie 33

• Like 1

More disappointing for me is Over a Barrel being so low. I know that there are people that don't care for it, but 6th to worst episode? really?

Good work. I am sorry the response was disappointing.

Two Surprises:

How is "dog and pony show" so low?

How is "griffin the brushoff" so high?

Well, I was one of the seven votes and Griffon the Brush off is one of my favorite episodes.

Seven votes probably isn't too much to go on, but the results are still kind of interesting. Considering how great it usually does in polls, I'd have thought Cutie Mark Chronicles would have placed higher for instance. Also can't really believe Suited for Success is as low as it is and Feeling Pinkie Keen seems unnaturally high.

My Picks:

1 Fall weather Friends

2 Dog and Pony Show

3 Friendship is Magic Pt 2

4 Friendship is Magic Pt 1

5 Winter Wrap Up

6 Sonic Rainboom

7 Dragonshy

8 Green isn't your color

9 Cutie Mark Chronicles

10 Best Night Ever

11 Ticket Master

12 Bridal Gossip

13 Feeling Pinkie Keen

14 A Bird in the Hoof

15 Swarm of the Century

16 Party of One

17 Stare Master

18 Look before you Sleep

19 Boast Busters

20 Owls well that ends well

21 Suited for success

22 Griffon the Brushoff

23 Over a Barrel

24 Applebucking

25 Show stoppers

26 Call of the Cutie

Note that I think Cutie Mark Chronicles and Feeling pinkie keen are in their rightful spots (within 3 of mine)

Suited for Success was painful for me to watch though. It is the only episode that for my second time though I skipped sections. It was a hard one to judge though because it had some strong moments as well.

I only got two exactly on the money: Friendship is Magic Part II (3rd) and Call of the Cutie (Last).

Post your own lists if you have them handy!

Mine:

1: Sonic Rainboom

2: Suited for Success

3: Griffon the Brush Off

4: The Best Night Ever

5: The Cutie Mark Chronicles

6: The Ticket Master

7: Winter Wrap Up

8: Look Before You Sleep

9: Applebuck Season

10: A Dog and Pony Show

11: Friendship is Magic: Part 2 (The Elements of Harmony)

12: Green Isn't Your Color

13: Boast Busters

14: Swarm of the Century

15: Fall Weather Friends

16: Friendship is Magic: Part 1 (The Mare in the Moon)

17: Bridle Gossip

18: Party of One

19: Dragonshy

20: A Bird in the Hoof

21: Stare Master

22: Feeling Pinkie Keen

23: Over a Barrel

24: The Show Stoppers

25: Owl's Well That Ends Well

26: Call of the Cutie

WOW!

Suited for success wins most divisive! three of use put in in our top 6, and three of us put it in the bottom six, and one person put it in the middle.

Also, I already had a general idea of this, but Dessa and I watch this show for completely different reasons.

what i find most interesting is that fact no episode got more than one first place vote. If we voted for best episode, it would have been a 7-way tie.