Oh Goodness....I'm not the only one who sees this, right?

Motion Paradox

One of my friends recently brought this film to my attention, a film made in Argentina that's appearently one of their better ones (neither of us are really sure of that much about it), either way I think it's better to just let this clip speak for itself

Some how I feel this explains something....I'm not really sure what but definately something

• Like 1

I wouldn't read too much into it.

There are only so many ways a pony can be drawn, the G4 style only makes sense. For example, look at any cartoon that Lauren Faust was involved in ... they had similar qualities.

The ponies are cute, and have a very appealing design, but they don't make sense.

The heads are oddly shaped, they have only a shadow of a real horse's neck, the bodies are miniaturized, and the legs have almost no definition, including the lack of hooves.

The ponies are cute, and have a very appealing design, but they don't make sense.

The heads are oddly shaped, they have only a shadow of a real horse's neck, the bodies are miniaturized, and the legs have almost no definition, including the lack of hooves.

Exactly how I would expect a children's animated pony to look like; colorful and exaggerated features. The previous generations had too much detail while still trying to be cartoonish ... not a very balanced design. The G4 versions fixed that, while putting a Lauren Faust influence in it (just look at her other cartoons).

Makes sense because they follow the similiar style of drawing than previous works of Lauren Faust.

I have absolutely no idea where you are going with this.

Looks similiar, ponies are Argentinian.

Trufax, stamp of appproval, This really happened face.

Moving on.

Ohai Strife. :B

Following the artist's prior styles? Makes sense.

Colorful and exaggerated features for a kids show? Makes sense.

Assertion that the current generation ponies are of such a logical design that artists unfamiliar with this and similar work could naturally and independently converge to them? Makes no sense.

That may not be what you were implying when you said "There are only so many ways a pony can be drawn, the G4 style only makes sense" but that is what I read.