Why can't everyone be friends?

CrossStitch

I just had this problem, and I'm still a bit shaken up, so forgive me if my typing is coherent or correct;

Me and a few of my friends hosted a Minecraft server for the three of us to play on. We all went into creative mode and began to build our world. Some of us built houses, simple, fun, and usable. Some of us built castles with large towers, amazing and beautiful. I decided to build a large pixel art of Pinkie Pie shrugging, and a replica of Dash's house above it where I resided.

Now, my friends sort of knew I liked the show, I made a few references, I talked about it every now and then, and they didn't seem to care. But I got online today to find part of the pinkie blown up, and also the house above it was blown up as well. I was a bit upset, but it was something that happened, we trapped each others homes, small scale explosions occur, and then we fix them. But this was a little extreme, the entire house was gone, and more then half of the Pinkie Pie was gone as well.

I know we're supposed to tolerate, but I couldn't help but post a complaint on our Facebook Group. This escalated into a small argument, but then I saw this:

"just gonna say this, everything was great until someone decided get butt hurt about his rainbow sky castle of homosexuality...also ponies are gay and anybody who watches/likes them that isnt a 12 year old girl and under should just come out already. ok jk about that last part with the ponies, they made some funny youtube poops using them."

That hurt. A lot. Many of my friends liked that post as well, which only solidified how many of them were possibly against me. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my friends, but I don't understand how I could make them understand me.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm just curious. Sometimes, it really does feel like the world is against this fandom.

I've felt like that a couple of times too, I know how it feels man :-(

But trust me, nothings ever as bad as our minds make it out to be. Sometimes we assume the worst and that isn't the way to handle things like this...

Your friends probably did just see it as a light hearted joke and they probably didn't want to hurt your feelings too.

Nobody goes out of their way to intentionally hurt someone, nobody's that bad. You should just talk this over with your friends to make them understand you.

And if they still don't accept that, then they probably aren't good friends...

Just my advice buddy, take it however you will :)

I have to say, I've been pretty lucky with people around me and my being a brony. They either agree with me, find it vaguely amusing, or just ignore it entirely, which I'd much prefer than having a negative response like that.

My only advice would be the same as Conor's - try and talk to them, but to be honest after what they did, I don't know if I could personally find the strength to do so. If you can, then you're a better man than I.

It may not seem like much of a consolation, but we're here for you at least, and if you want someone to talk to without being judged for anything (it doesn't sound like the people you know can offer such a thing) than I know I'm not alone in offering my full attention to you - PM me, if you ever feel like it. :)

Get over it, block the persons doing dasit an move on.

Hates gonna hate and I haz mute/block/remove buttonz.

Use them, not like you gonna "fix" any personality problems by tolerating idiots.

If they want to hate, let them do that.

And not get on your nerves while they do.

Curiously enough, none of my friends have voiced any complains about ponies.

Ever.

Maybe because I do not poni all that much?

Or then because I talk to those friends who do not get ponies about stuff that we share common interest in?

Just saying, if you play with frinds who do not like ponies and do not understand the concepts, why bring dasit into your shared world and conversations or gaming servers?

You both have to have fun and ponies are not any requirement for it.

Curious thing, this fandom does not get the concepts of "Pushing it" sometimes.

World does not need ponies, and neither do we need to make others like ponies.

You like it and I do too, but everyone does not, good thing to keep in mind.

Tolerating works both ways and sometimes you need to realize when you are being tolerated.

It's not exclusive to Bronies, that tolerating thing.

I would just ignore him, but we all say that should be the best course of action, but everyone knows it's not always that simple.

I've been listening to a bunch of calming music, and I've been cooling off a bit, and I think maybe I could go back and accept an apology, if they're willing to give one.

Needless to say though, I do not believe I'll be associating with them much more. I try to be friendly, and I try to treat everyone as a friend, so it's a with difficulty that I'm going to strip that title from them. I feel a little embarrassed for posting this actually, and I feel like I was whining a lot. So, apologies for me acting out of slight anger and sadness. I probably should have dealt with it myself as not to seem like an attention whore.

But thanks, for the responses advice and everything. You're all far too kind :3

If they're that against the show, they aren't worth hanging around... They won't change overnight, and hopefully they'll eventually learn being a extremity isnt the way to live life... Just stay away from them... There ARE places out there that tolerate bronies even though they dont like them... just gotta look for them...

Recently i noticed one of my videos had gotten a lot of views from a religious forum... so i took a look and found these people just bashing the HECK out of MLP, calling it satan's work, devil worshiping, witchcraft, homosexuality, bestiality... and i was just like WTF??? i was really tempted to say something or try to bring it to someones attention at EQD, but i decided against it, just leave them be and let the haters hate...

Guest EoLPinkie

But thanks, for the responses advice and everything. You're all far too kind :3

There's such a thing as being TOO kind? Uh oh :-o Guess I have a checkered future coming because I'm going to be as kind as I can be! Besides, I'll be your friend Cross! You have a chubby wubby wittle... gryphon? And it's so cute!

If they're that against the show, they aren't worth hanging around... They won't change overnight, and hopefully they'll eventually learn being a extremity isnt the way to live life... Just stay away from them... There ARE places out there that tolerate bronies even though they dont like them... just gotta look for them...

Recently i noticed one of my videos had gotten a lot of views from a religious forum... so i took a look and found these people just bashing the HECK out of MLP, calling it satan's work, devil worshiping, witchcraft, homosexuality, bestiality... and i was just like WTF??? i was really tempted to say something or try to bring it to someones attention at EQD, but i decided against it, just leave them be and let the haters hate...

Westboro baptist church ? I can take care of them if you'd like, let's just say i have " Peculiar friends"

Westboro baptist church ? I can take care of them if you'd like, let's just say i have " Peculiar friends"

No no, not westboro... although i would have absolutely no problem with you taking care of them as often as you'd like. It was some other baptist church, i can probably find the link to the thread if you want me to.

Wow, what they posted was pretty rude. I think they should apologize for such hostile behavior, posting such rude stuff.

It sounds like you might have enjoyed hanging out with them, so if they still want to hang out with you, you could just keep ponies out of the equation with them.

Some friends you can do some stuff with, others, you can't. I have a friend who loves First-person-shooter games, and another friend who doesn't.

You get my point, right?

They should apologize for being insensitive, but unless they act like Gilda 24/7, it wouldn't hurt to give them a second chance.

No no, not westboro... although i would have absolutely no problem with you taking care of them as often as you'd like. It was some other baptist church, i can probably find the link to the thread if you want me to.

Give me the link to the site and the comment! I'm going to give them good ol' common sense!

Give me the link to the site and the comment! I'm going to give them good ol' common sense!

No no no no! This is what I mean, I want us all to be friends...

I don't want anyone to attack anyone for any reason at all. They just don't understand. I didn't attack my friends because I assumed they just didn't understand. Please be rational :[

We don't need a worse image then the one we already have.

Thy hammer has struck!

Yes, but at what cost? Despite how misled those who support such strict religious beliefs may be, you must be wary that the misled are the most likely to retaliate, sometimes with disastrous results. Please, fans such as you, who will strike with little hesitation, must learn restraint, otherwise, our image will be tarnished. I for one, will not support such rude behavior. Gorgutz, If you cannot see eye to eye with others, then you should simply look away.

No no no no! This is what I mean, I want us all to be friends...

I don't want anyone to attack anyone for any reason at all. They just don't understand. I didn't attack my friends because I assumed they just didn't understand. Please be rational :[

We don't need a worse image then the one we already have.

Yeah, he's got a point... We dont want our group to seem like the kind of people to attack anyone who disagrees with us. Although there's no way love and tolerance will spread to everyone, we just need to calm down a bit and not worry so much about others...

allright allright - back on topic here - someone who this person believed to be a friend and gave them access to an intellectual property of his violated his trust. What should he do?

You should immediately realize that this person is not your friend. Being upset is natural. You're doing the right thing by coming to a supportive community who can listen and you already know have similar interests to your own.

The next thing you should do is act in your own self interest. Do what makes -YOU- happy. Not someone else. Whatever is the best course of action in regard to that person is up to you. I don't know all the facts but you do since it's your life. Take action to protect yourself in the future.