Help with brony converting

Bronynumber299

Well, what people don't know won't hurt them. If you feel confident tell them, if they criticize just say " Everybody is different, no two souls are the same." If they dump you as a friend then they aren't true friends.

I have only 2 friends and yet I give out advice like I know everything ?

TRUE friends won't care what you like, they'll still accept you and like you for who you are. If they criticize what you like, (Unless it's harmful like drugs or something.) then I don't think they have any business being your friend.

Just don't be afraid to be yourself. Most of my friends AREN'T bronies, but that doesn't mean they don't want to hang out with me.

I concur with Spidey's views! One must be comfortable enough with one's friends to tell them exactly what they are! Also, you can't FORCE someone into becoming a brony, it is a natural interest! I would recommend showing him the first episode and see if he enjoys it. If he doesn't want to hang with you just because of one of your interests, he was never a true friend! Hope I helped!

TRUE friends won't care what you like, they'll still accept you and like you for who you are. If they criticize what you like, (Unless it's harmful like drugs or something.) then I don't think they have any business being your friend.

Just don't be afraid to be yourself. Most of my friends AREN'T bronies, but that doesn't mean they don't want to hang out with me.

I think the best thing to do is be positive about what you enjoy. It's all in the approach. If they neighsay something you enjoy, and see you genuinely enjoying it, they'll probably investigate it and become addicted themselves. You shouldn't need to explain yourself.

I can't tell you how many trolls I've seen run into a synchtube pony room to troll with an episode on, they end up watching it, and become converted before my eyes.

This "conversion" talk kind of ... okay, really weirds me out.

I don't think it looks good for our fandom as so many neigh-sayers bring up this cultish theme being associated with bronyism which can alone not only repel folks, but give them the completely wrong idea. The thing is though: I don't think they're wrong. When talk of "conversion" comes up, it does start to make the fandom seem cultish.

We are such a huge community, full of awesome people, why do we need to try to 'convert' people into this? i.e. cram it down their throats?

I didn't get into FiM through someone constantly talking to me about it or roping me into watching episodes. I don't think I'd have appreciated someone treating me like that, regardless of the fact of whether I ended up liking it or not.

For some lighthearted, comedic clarity, picture this conversion scenario as a FiM episode, lol. ;) -

Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned not to cram stuff down people's throats - no matter how awesome "stuff" in question may be. Everypony will make his or her choice regarding what kind of entertainment they will watch.

I'm not really sure what the content of your post has to do with conversion, but just try to keep in mind that you will find friends who treat you fairly and appreciate you. My love for MLP is nothing compared to other aspects of myself which could cause some wrath, so I can be really anxious when it comes to hoping that my friends really are friends and won't blow up over aspects of me. I just keep telling myself that there will be many people who will appreciate me for who I am. :)

I don't think using the term "convert" has any negative ring to it unless you expressly apply it. It's all in the tone.

FiM is variation of a cult film, in that it does have a very specific audience of fans (the older, male audience). I'm not trying to turn this into an argument about sociological conditioning, but the first thing someone thinks not-in-the-know about the show might be something like this: "Oh neat, you're 24 and you like watching My Little Pony. That's kind of strange." Granted I'm generalizing quite a bit here, but the reactions I've seen tend to sway that way.

"Converting" someone is changing that misconception about the older fan outside the target audience, and presenting the series in a way that might get them interested enough to give it a chance. Is that negative, cult-like, or "cramming"? Short of tying someone down and gluing their eyelids open to make them watch episodes, I don't think it is.

To use my example again, I've watched random people join FiM synchtube channels with the intent to troll the people there. They watched a few episodes and happened to like it, converting their idea that FiM is a series for weird people into an understanding of why it's so popular. Nobody made them stay there or forced them to watch the episodes, they discovered it on their own.

I think the best thing to do is be positive about what you enjoy. It's all in the approach. If they neighsay something you enjoy, and see you genuinely enjoying it, they'll probably investigate it and become addicted themselves. You shouldn't need to explain yourself.

I can't tell you how many trolls I've seen run into a synchtube pony room to troll with an episode on, they end up watching it, and become converted before my eyes.

It happened to me.

Well I told my friends today. I was certain that they would make fun of me for it. And they didn't because they love me for who I am not the show I watch. And for help converting. Don't force it. What I did was I combined something we all love (the Wu Tang Clan) and ponies. They went crazy! They loved it so much. Some even tried an episode out.

This is freaking amazing.

I know someone exactly like Fluttershy.

EXACTLY.

Anyway, I talk with her a lot.

Continuing on, we went out to grab a coffee togethor and she asked me if I had ever heard of this cute show called My Little Pony. I told her that I liked the show and stuff, and she told me that she watches it as well.

So basically: (As it seems)

Fluttershy -Watches-> Fluttershy

Amazing.

• Like 1