Who IS Dinky and Sparkler?

zombiedalmations

So the most recent episode, "Baby Cakes", shows that despite being two earth ponies, suppressed genes can cause their child to be a unicorn or pegasus. In this episode's case, both.

I saw some discussion about how this has resolved the issue of Derpy Hooves' apparent children: Dinky and Sparkler.

Dinky seems to be a pegasus

Or a Unicorn?

632%20-%20caption%20Diamond_Tiara%20dinky_hooves%20silver_spoon.png

And Sparkler is also a Unicorn

So the point of this thread is to try and clear up some fog. I haven't really been able to find anything making any of them related (except perhaps Dinky's eyes)

What do you think?

Does Derpy have children?

EDIT: Oops! Bad grammar! I mean Who ARE Dinky and Sparkler

dinky is the purple unicorn with blond hair in the first part of the clip (behind sweetie)

the reason why people think dinky and sparkler are related is because in sisterwhooves social, they participate as sisters. the reason why they think they're related to derpy is because dinky looks like derpy colour scheme-wise

personally, I'm not a fan of sparkler being related to derpy, but I love seeing dinky as derpy's daughter

dinky is the purple unicorn with blond hair in the first part of the clip (behind sweetie)

the reason why people think dinky and sparkler are related is because in sisterwhooves social, they participate as sisters. the reason why they think they're related to derpy is because dinky looks like derpy colour scheme-wise

Hmmm makes sense

I myself don't believe that Dinky and Derpy are daughter and mother. If Dinky were Derpy's daughter, Sparkler – a grown-up mare old enough to lead the Winter Wrap-up animal team – would be Derpy's daughter. How come Derpy can participate in the Best Young Flyer competition as the final contestant then?

Yeah. Seems even less likely that they're related now that they've characterized Derpy in such a way. That pony's a danger to herself and others. No way a foal would be allowed to be raised by her.

despite the possibility of her lacking serious parental skills, i don't think she shouldn't be allowed to at least help raise her own children.