zombiedalmations

Thought i'd raise some awareness of this bill

from Wikipedia:

The Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), also known as House Bill 3261 or H.R. 3261, is a bill that was introduced in the United States House of Representatives on October 26, 2011, by House Judiciary Committee Chair Representative Lamar S. Smith (R-TX) and a bipartisan group of 12 initial co-sponsors. The bill, if made law, would expand the ability of U.S. law enforcement and copyright holders to fight online trafficking in copyrighted intellectual property and counterfeit goods.[2] Presented to the House Judiciary Committee, it builds on the similar PRO-IP Act of 2008 and the corresponding Senate bill, the PROTECT IP Act.

Here's a video from TotalHalibut explaining why you should NOT support this bill

EDIT:

apparently, Dusty has already started a topic on this. Mods, do what you will.

They need to quit using Scorched-Earth tactics, because of this FUBAR situation I can't study for a project.

Soooo...

You'd rather pass up on an opportunity to blame congress for you not being able to study, and have it actually be a valid excuse?

• Like 1

Guest EoLPinkie

Bzzzzzzt This is Commander Pinkie reporting in! According to a few different radio sources, the big blustery displays of Internet power worked! PIPA is falling off the stage, so I should go up and sing for the happy weblings! I don't think it's gone for good, but its current form is likely down and out. Preparing the Super Modified Ionic Laughing Emission (S.M.I.L.E.) Cannon! Bzzzzt :D

1278635020973.jpg

• 2 weeks later...