Um -

Draggle

DOES ANYONE WANT TO DRAW THIS???

~

Name:

Draggle

Female

Middle-Aged Mare (46, perhaps around Ponyville's mayor's age)

Species:

Unicorn

Pelt Color:

Light Bluish Cyanish Gray

Mane/Tail Color & Style:

Moderate Red, long and fluffy, with a large bow in the front of her mane and a smaller bow tying the end of her tail

Eye Color:

Cyanish Gray

Cutie Mark:

2j614g.jpg

Physique:

In a word, Draggle is gangly. That aside, she is a mother of several foals and thus not quite as scrawny as she used to be. Also of note is that her horn is broken. It was like this at birth, thereby limiting her magic a great deal. Draggle essentially functions as an earth pony.

Residence:

Currently, Draggle lives in Saddleveil Plains, on the outskirts of Fillydelphia. She was born and raised in a very different location, The Volcano of Gloom, but that is another story.

Wife, mother of seven, and charity volunteer - if you want the simple version. Draggle has a restless streak and a desire to help almost everyone. She tries her hooves (and horn) at many things, with mixed results. Her husband is a grounded earth pony who wishes his wife wouldn't find herself in tight spots over and over and over again.

Motivation:

Even more than she wants to help almost everyone, Draggle wants her own little ponies to grow up happy and secure. She is a very maternal spirit who would do anything for her children. She would do close to anything for many younger ponies and is known by a large number as Mama Draggle or just Mama, regardless of actual relation.

Her husband, her children, caring for foals (and colts, and so on), adventure so long as lives are not at risk, camping, gardening, the idea of farming (though she hasn't yet put the idea into day-to-day practice), the study of magic, the study of anything, overly deep conversations, overly silly conversations, laughing her hindquarters off, and living

Dislikes:

Old memories, anxiety, anyone mistreating young ponies (especially anyone mistreating their own young ponies), being disowned from the family she was born to, being seen as stupid, lacking a mother figure for herself, lacking skills at magic, the thought of evil in her blood, rational fears, irrational fears (in herself and hypocritically in others), and sweet foods

Character Summary:

Born heiress to a legacy of dark-souled unicorns, but herself destined for a life better than that of evil, Draggle spent over half her years abused and manipulated by her mother. The elder wouldn't so much as let either of her daughters call her their mother. Draggle was disliked to a greater extent than her sister was, particularly because Draggle was inept at magic and very sensitive. A cutie mark symbolizing motherhood certainly did nothing to make her mother like her, and the broken-horned unicorn was in fact ordered to hide her cutie mark. Eventually disowned for "betraying" her family, Draggle worked hard and enlisted all the help she could find to stand on her own four legs. She never expected a loving mate to trot into her life, but such a pony did. An earth pony named [i Have No Idea What To Name This Guy] became her hero, and she his damsel. Finally, someone who loved her unconditionally! Many years later, the couple remains very much in love. They are now parents of little earth ponies and adorably magical little unicorn ponies, the latter group already surpassing their mother in magic.

Draggle is, as you have probably guessed, a doting and spoiling yet laid-back mother. She is very warmhearted and lively, albeit also clumsy, on the slow side despite complex thoughts, and permanently insecure. She is both harshly blunt and truly kind. She puts her heart into whatever she wants to do, and she laughs and loves her way through life. Her clumsiness and broken horn are things she can joke about. While she isn't exactly wealthy, she welcomes anypony needing a free place to stay - and this is part of what has brought many an unusual adventure her way. She is somewhat infamous for not being the cleanest pony around. Other ponies have chased her with water hoses more than a few times, to which she turned around and chased them with whatever was around. Draggle has a very obvious inner child, also making life interesting.

~

NOTES:

Draggle is a remake.

2816w3.jpg

The original Draggle was human, a witch who appeared in My Little Pony: The Movie and The End of Flutter Valley. This was twenty-five years ago, and thus Equestria's Draggle is the same character in an alternate dimension and twenty-five years since the last we saw of her.

~

DOES ANYONE WANT TO DRAW THIS???

I'd love to! Draggle was always my secret favorite character. I was just about to open up a request thread and post a few adoptables, so I'll make this my first "request"! I just need to do a few chores before I spend any more time on my ass in front of photoshop.

I'd love to! Draggle was always my secret favorite character. I was just about to open up a request thread and post a few adoptables, so I'll make this my first "request"! I just need to do a few chores before I spend any more time on my ass in front of photoshop.

YAAAAY!!!!!! THANK YOUUUUUU!!!!

Look! Fireworks too big for this page to express my thankfulness!

fireworks.jpg

... "Secret" favorite character?

... "Secret" favorite character?

I mentioned liking her once and was mercilessly mocked. So I hid my ~love~ to save face. Children are so cruel ;_;

Ahhh, well, I was a young adult in '86. Most people I've met who know about Draggle like her, though, and most first "met" her when they were kids! You must have known some meanie kids. I bet they were the type to exclude everyone that didn't fit their ideas of normal. You know, the "you're not my friend and you're not coming to my birthday party" for-no-reason types.

Ahhh, well, I was a young adult in '86. Most people I've met who know about Draggle like her, though, and most first "met" her when they were kids! You must have known some meanie kids. I bet they were the type to exclude everyone that didn't fit their ideas of normal. You know, the "you're not my friend and you're not coming to my birthday party" for-no-reason types.

They definitely were, and by those sorts of standards I was already a weird kid. As evidenced by continuing to be all about ponies now that my own kids are old enough to be all about them.

They definitely were, and by those sorts of standards I was already a weird kid. As evidenced by continuing to be all about ponies now that my own kids are old enough to be all about them.

Well, I definitely understand that. Normal is just a setting on some washing machines. No one even uses that setting, methinks.

I like the way you've written this, I don't know if she'd actually get approved for mainstream RP...but with a little tweaking, I'd love to maybe see her come to life. I certainly appreciate and understand where you're coming from with her, and she's well written and described. I'm looking forward to seeing buxy's arts!