Draggle

Draggle

Name:

Draggle

Female

Middle-Aged Mare (46, perhaps around Ponyville's mayor's age)

Species:

Unicorn

Pelt Color:

Light Bluish Cyanish Gray

Mane/Tail Color & Style:

Moderate Red, long and fluffy, with a large bow in the front of her mane and a smaller bow tying the end of her tail

Eye Color:

Cyanish Gray

Cutie Mark:

2j614g.jpg

Physique:

In a word, Draggle is gangly. That aside, she is a mother of several foals and thus not quite as scrawny as she used to be. Also of note is that her horn is broken. It was like this at birth, thereby limiting her magic a great deal. Draggle essentially functions as an earth pony.

Residence:

Currently, Draggle lives in Saddleveil Plains, on the outskirts of Fillydelphia. She was born and raised in a very different location, The Volcano of Gloom, but that is another story.

Wife, mother of seven, and charity volunteer - if you want the simple version. Draggle has a restless streak and a desire to help almost everyone. She tries her hooves (and horn) at many things, with mixed results. Her husband is a grounded earth pony who wishes his wife wouldn't find herself in tight spots over and over and over again.

Motivation:

Even more than she wants to help almost everyone, Draggle wants her own little ponies to grow up happy and secure. She is a very maternal spirit who would do anything for her children. She would do close to anything for many younger ponies and is known by a large number as Mama Draggle or just Mama, regardless of actual relation.

Her husband, her children, caring for foals (and colts, and so on), adventure so long as lives are not at risk, camping, gardening, the idea of farming (though she hasn't yet put the idea into day-to-day practice), the study of magic, the study of anything, overly deep conversations, overly silly conversations, laughing her hindquarters off, and living

Dislikes:

Old memories, anxiety, anyone mistreating young ponies (especially anyone mistreating their own young ponies), being disowned from the family she was born to, being seen as stupid, lacking a mother figure for herself, lacking skills at magic, the thought of evil in her blood, rational fears, irrational fears (in herself and hypocritically in others), and sweet foods

Character Summary:

Born heiress to a legacy of dark-souled unicorns, but herself destined for a life better than that of evil, Draggle spent over half her years abused and manipulated by her mother. The elder wouldn't so much as let either of her daughters call her their mother. Draggle was disliked to a greater extent than her sister was, particularly because Draggle was inept at magic and very sensitive. A cutie mark symbolizing motherhood certainly did nothing to make her mother like her, and the broken-horned unicorn was in fact ordered to hide her cutie mark. Eventually disowned for "betraying" her family, Draggle worked hard and enlisted all the help she could find to stand on her own four legs. She never expected a loving mate to trot into her life, but such a pony did. An earth pony named [i Have No Idea What To Name This Guy] became her hero, and she his damsel. Finally, someone who loved her unconditionally! Many years later, the couple remains very much in love. They are now parents of little earth ponies and adorably magical little unicorn ponies, the latter group already surpassing their mother in magic.

Draggle is, as you have probably guessed, a doting and spoiling yet laid-back mother. She is very warmhearted and lively, albeit also clumsy, on the slow side despite complex thoughts, and permanently insecure. She is both harshly blunt and truly kind. She puts her heart into whatever she wants to do, and she laughs and loves her way through life. Her clumsiness and broken horn are things she can joke about. While she isn't exactly wealthy, she welcomes anypony needing a free place to stay - and this is part of what has brought many an unusual adventure her way. She is somewhat infamous for not being the cleanest pony around. Other ponies have chased her with water hoses more than a few times, to which she turned around and chased them with whatever was around. Draggle has a very obvious inner child, also making life interesting.

~

NOTES:

Draggle is a remake.

2816w3.jpg

The original Draggle was human, a witch who appeared in My Little Pony: The Movie and The End of Flutter Valley. This was twenty-five years ago, and thus Equestria's Draggle is the same character in an alternate dimension and twenty-five years since the last we saw of her.

Picture:

sol2bo.png

Picture drawn by buxy and IT IS THE GREATEST THING!

• Like 1

I am intrigued Draggle. I see a lot of yourself in this character, but I think there could be a lot of beautiful potential here; especially in character development. I like that such a strong (in her own way) pony emerges from such a difficult background. She strikes me as the pony everypony might go to to watch their foals.

I'm interested to see what happens here.

I am intrigued Draggle. I see a lot of yourself in this character, but I think there could be a lot of beautiful potential here; especially in character development. I like that such a strong (in her own way) pony emerges from such a difficult background. She strikes me as the pony everypony might go to to watch their foals.

Oh, there is no denying there is a ton of myself in this character. It's a given, since I greatly identified with the original. Don't worry, I can make up characters that are different from me. I just couldn't resist this chance.

She absolutely is the type of pony who watches everypony's foals. I was going to add that most of her volunteer work involves teaching foals, but I didn't know how exactly to word that and I felt like I was junking up the "occupation" section. (What would be the pony equivalent of scouting or afterschool programs?) She is a mare of many trades, all trades with the same focus.

I'm glad you're interested!

Oh, there is no denying there is a ton of myself in this character. It's a given, since I greatly identified with the original. Don't worry, I can make up characters that are different from me. I just couldn't resist this chance.

She absolutely is the type of pony who watches everypony's foals. I was going to add that most of her volunteer work involves teaching foals, but I didn't know how exactly to word that and I felt like I was junking up the "occupation" section. (What would be the pony equivalent of scouting or afternschool programs?) She is a mare of many trades, all trades with the same focus.

I'm glad you're interested!

There is nothing wrong with having yourself in a character, I think that is one of the reasons this character is so particularly beautifully flawed, yet strong.

I'm not sure there *is* a title for something like that as a pony equivalent, so if something sounds good to you, you have a chance to make pony histroy ;} As long as Ashi likes it!

I admit I was very worried as soon as I realized this was a Draggle is a remake.. But you've really taken away from the human and old pony tales and made her her very own character I'm very impressed.

Normally I would sincerely avoid any reference to the old pony tales, any of the movies/series before FiM in our RP. But you did sincerely put your own complete creative spin on it I have to Approve it. Very well done. :D