An Adventure of Unorthodox Proportions - OOC

Halide

SO! Here's the idea.

I start a thread, the idea of which will be to gather adventurers and solve a problem! The problem will involve dark magic, the undead, monsters, mayhem, and reward! It's also liable to involve a bit of fighting, because you can't really overcome monsters without subduing them in some fashion. Not going to lie, it'll be kind of DnD-ish in feel - a group of adventurers, either strangers or friends, comes to know of a rather significant problem, one that needs special attention to overcome. On their jourey, they will have to overcome challenges, probably fight or talk down a few others, probably fight or scare off some variety of monster, all in the name of glory and prestige. However, there won't really be any DnD mechanics involved - it'll be entirely freeform. Characters try things, I say how those turn out based on how talented the characters are supposed to be at things.

It won't really fit in the story's canon, and to be honest though I'll be using characters that I've applied for in Mane RP I won't be including this in their canon either. All in the name of fun!

Of course, the board being what it is, I'd rather that those involved didn't require me to move this from 'everyone' to '18+' (Because I want certain people who have shown interest to come too) by deciding to bring characters that'd move such a thing in such a direction. Blunt weapons, hitting stuff, even most spells I can downplay to E-rated content, no problem. Once we get lances and spells of gruesome intent going.... yeah, there's a limit, so leave that out please and thanks.

Also, there'll be a bit of wackiness in post order. If someone posts with an action directly involving an NPC or the setting, I will try to be the next to respond no matter what. Other than that, I will ask that players not automatically succeed at overcoming a significant obstacle in their posts. (IE - don't godmode or autohit VS NPCs, don't smash down walls or doors that are described as being fairly solid). I know this is a bit of a tresspass, but for the time being I kind of need to do that sort of thing just because that's how I work best presently.

Also it'd be cool if you told me which characters you guys are bringing.

I think I have enough people right now. Lemme know if you're interested anyways, though! If this one goes well, I'll run more!

IC THREAD : http://www.canterlot...ions-ic-closed/

Currently interested in playing / those with reservations (those who are confused as to how this is full upon announcement, this filled up really fast when I asked around on the chat):

Allura - Cutlass

Appliance -

Bannhammer - Martel Starkhuf

Dio - Novaya

it'd be OCs, mostly. I guess canon characters would be okay too but it'd be weird, y'know?

agreed, canon mixed with OC's would be a bit odd in my opinion... But if any good can come out of it, if there was an argument about whether or not someone could or could not do something, we have plenty of evidence to look at... where as with OC's it'd be the OC's creator's word vs everyone else...

But oh well, that's not important, i'm up for it! Just let me know when we start!

Nah, not really. Survival is about doing the right things, not about bringing the biggest cannon. Whatever character you think will be best suited to adapt and problem-solve would be best, really. Again, keeping it E. This isn't about going hulk hogan terminator doom death bulletsmash axechop.

But... but it's full! D: I can't DM for all eleven people who've shown interest so far! Sorry guys!

Seriously though, I'll let people know when I get around to running a second one!

POST ORDER IS :

Everyone posts once, I post for NPC once everyone gets into the tower.

Then post order is, Allura, Bannhammer, Dio, Phil, IF YOU GUYS WANT. just post 'skip me' in this thread if you want to be skipped.

I will post whenever an NPC is asked a question, or something in the setting is investigated.

• 3 weeks later...