MAGIC the Gathering

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's a lot. what can I say, I love building decks. And that's not even counting my EDH decks. I need more sleeves.

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe how many cards you must have.

Now, what is this game? How does it work? Why should I play it?

It is a collectible card game in which the players represent powerful beings called planeswalkers, who do battle by summoning magical creatures and casting powerful spells. Your deck represents your spellbook or library of spells which you can cast in a game.

Why should you play it? Because it's awesome. It's the world's very first TCG, having started in 1993 and still going on strong to this day.

It is a collectible card game in which the players represent powerful beings called planeswalkers, who do battle by summoning magical creatures and casting powerful spells. Your deck represents your spellbook or library of spells which you can cast in a game.

Why should you play it? Because it's awesome. It's the world's very first TCG, having started in 1993 and still going on strong to this day.

Hmm... Okay it sounds good. I might go ahead and get some cards to start of with. Really? First card game ever? Even before Pokemon? Impressive.

It sounds good so I might get just a couple cards to take a look. I remember getting two free with a magazine when I was a kid... Hmm...

Yup, first TCG ever. About 3 years before Pokemon.

The new Core Set is about to be released. They release a new Core Set every year, designed specifically to help new players into the game, so it's a good time to get into it. I myself am a certified judge (basically means I go to tournaments, make sure everything runs smoothly, and answer any rules questions that come up), so if you're interested in learning more, I'm more than happy to help out.

If you have a game/hobby shop near you, you might check it out. Ask around, see if you can find anyone.

Okay I will. Maybe someday I'll be as fanatic as you and have 35 decks of cards. Maybe.

Using Tapatalk now, don't blame me if my posts are shorter!

That's easy enough. Best to start with an intro pack, which comes with a ready-built 60 card deck plus a booster pack. Or you can go for one of the Duel Decks, which come with two ready-built 60 card decks designed specifically to go against each other.

That's easy enough. Best to start with an intro pack, which comes with a ready-built 60 card deck plus a booster pack. Or you can go for one of the Duel Decks, which come with two ready-built 60 card decks designed specifically to go against each other.

Cool, I might just do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get two copies of one deck. That's my habit. That way, you can still practice with that theme as well as getting more of those good cards they only have one or two copies of. It's good practice.

• 1 month later...

hoo boy necromancy

I use 4 decks

A blue mill that's probably my best one

A five color deck centered around Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker (A proxy of it anyway.) Started as a three color but mana was a problem so I went five color to add ramp and it ramps like crazy now

A black/green infect deck, my favorite to play. Infect is just trollishous.

And a simple red burn deck. Get mana, launch fireballs, opponent dies.

I play this game too ! Well, a little. I used to have a black deck centered on necromancy spells, because it was cool, but alas it was quite uneffective. My brother have a green deck filled with elves and I always have a hard time beating it.

I had a lot of fun playing an online tournament where every player received a random bunch of cards and had to build a deck with that. Unfortunately it didn't lasted long, but I'd do it again if I have the occasion.

I play this game too ! Well, a little. I used to have a black deck centered on necromancy spells, because it was cool, but alas it was quite uneffective.

Post it! I and everypony here would be more than happy to run it through the garage and improve things, if you feel like it.

I'm playing Magic too! :D Right now, I have only one deck. Green, elves, elves and again elves :) love this deck.

Post it post it post it.

EEEEEEEEEELVES! :evil:

Elves are only good for one thing: Target practice.

Me? I gots my golems. Also a soldier/knight deck. and a fungus/saproling deck. And I think I still have my samurai deck somewhere. And merfolk.

Also have a crazy hard to play artifact combo deck (Infinite turns, mana and damage in one go? It's doable :))

And my five-colour fatties deck, which is basically multicolour dragons, bringers and whatever other junk I had lying around.

Also have a really junky red/green EDH deck. Can't remember the name of the general, but it's the red/green hydra legend from Ravnica.

I can't really whine about my deck, cause winning with my elves tournaments sometimes :).

I was using this deck :

Main Deck

18 Forest

1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

4 Tectonic Edge

4 Arbor Elf

4 Elvish Archdruid

3 Ezuri, Renegade Leader

2 Fauna Shaman

4 Joraga Treespeaker

4 Llanowar Elves

1 Molten-Tail Masticore

1 Nest Invader

3 Nissa's Chosen

1 Sylvan Ranger

2 Vengevine

3 Wolfbriar Elemental

3 Eldrazi Monument

2 Nissa Revane

Sideboard

2 Genesis Wave

4 Leyline of Vitality

2 Mindslaver

2 Naturalize

1 Obstinate Baloth

2 Tajuru Preserver

2 Vengevine

For some months stopped playing MTG 3-4 months, so i'm not sure if there is already MTG 2011 set or no.

I just got a few cards in the mail and added to the forever-in-edit zombie tribal I carry around. Now, I'm lazy to go into my room and actually get the cards, so here it is from memory, in beta.

4 Carnophage

3 Carrion Feeder

4 Lord of the Undead

4 Gempalm Polluter

3 Skinrender

4 Brain Gougers

4 Zombie Infestation

3 Oversold Cemetery

3 Buried Alive

4 Vendetta

4 Call to the Netherworld

2 Corrupt

20 Swamps

Again, still in beta. I'm enjoying how... self reliant it is all of a sudden. Previously, I wrote off Zombie Infestation, only looking back now as it made a reprint. Needs more tests though. Stuff like Shepherd of Rot (and old favorite of mine and a potential suicide with too many tokens) and Graveborn Muse (I like parenthesis) may find their way in. Maybe it needs more card draw. I dunno yet.