French expy?

Snowshoe

I have a quick question. Based on the show itself, we know French is a language recognized in Equestria. Apple Bloom spoke it, and Applejack recognized it (as bein' fancy!), the Flim Flam brothers use the term "nonpareil", Fluttershy mentions "French haute-couture" in one episode (the one where Rarity is making their dresses), and when speaking with Sapphire Shores in an episode, Rarity uses an entire sentence in French. We have an expy in the RP for Russia (Stalliongrad), Germany (Germaney), and Italy (Itaily), but do we have one for France? I only ask because I have a character idea (Several, in fact) that I would want to come from a French-speaking background, so if we have a France that'd be great, or something equivalent. And no, it's not an essential background to the characters, but something I would like.

lol gotta love "Mah Sister's Speakin' in Fancy!"

hummm... that's a tricky one, I'm usually good with puns, but I'm not coming up with much for 'France' and 'Pony' (maybe 'Prance" since ponies prance around sometimes?) I'd like to see a France expy too, of course then I'd feel required to make a thinly-veiled expy of Antoine De Coolette... ;) lol

I was definitely Prance as well. As for the character, I was listening to a whole lot of French electroswing, and I kinda wanna make a French double-bass swing musician straight out of the 1920s, lol.

I was definitely Prance as well. As for the character, I was listening to a whole lot of French electroswing, and I kinda wanna make a French double-bass swing musician straight out of the 1920s, lol.

Lol Antoine was from the old StH fandom, he was a "wanna-be hero" who was afraid of his own shadow (though he did usually pulled through when the chips were all down) I doubt he'd be allowed here since he was essentially a caractature of the french, speaking in a mishmash of french and english, with a barely-understandable accent, eating "stinky" food, romancing, and acting like an overbearing plot-hole the rest of the time... But he was FUN to play as a plot-monkey!) No ide what's become of him since then though, seems like I read he evolved into a true hero now... so much more boring ;)

+1 for Syel. I know a fandom made map of equestria which includes "Prance" as a region :)

Here are some towns the author has come with: Coat d'Azor , Pearis, Escargoat (love that one^^) , Horsaille, Guadeloope, Le Manes, NeightChatel (IRL Cöte d'Azur, Paris, a pun with "Escargot", ie snails, Versailles, Guadeloupe, Le Mans, Neuchatel).

For credits, here is the map:http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/map-of-equestria.html

Dowload it on the artists DA page to be able to zoom and explore :)