Weesh (not me) Reacts to Fluttershy

weesh

This week I got a bit of a shock.

While reading the comic that gave me my avatar and name (CLICK), I read the following three comics:

http://weeshcomic.co...trip=2012-01-30

20120130.gif

http://weeshcomic.co...trip=2012-02-01

20120201.gif

http://weeshcomic.co...trip=2012-02-03

20120203.gif

I am afraid I am feeling a bit torn. On one hand, I like seeing MLP crop up in my other hobbies, and on the other, I am sad to see a beloved character so terrified of my favorite pony.

I don't know where the story line is going yet, but I wonder: do I need to change my name?

• Like 1

no, you need to keep it so you can tell people the story of this crazy random happenstance XD

I mean, I guess you could still tell the story with a different name, but then you wouldn't be the weesh from Canterlot anymore D:

no, you need to keep it so you can tell people the story of this crazy random happenstance XD

I mean, I guess you could still tell the story with a different name, but then you wouldn't be the weesh from Canterlot anymore D:

Well it is not completely random perhaps. One of the many pony things I saw before I saw the first episode was the following sketch:

doodle51.gif

I had requested "tate riding a tron light cycle being cut off by olivia on a light-unicorn", and the artist referenced FIM in his light-unicorn design. Furthermore, I exchanged a few emails with the Dan (artist and author) about the sketch.

Since most of you know weesh by me, and not by his comic, I certainly don't NEED to change my name and avi, but I still feel weird about it. I will at least see how the arc turns out before I make a decision...

hmmmm....

I think that Weesh (not you, the one from the comic...) might actually like the ponies (Ie: trying to pull an Apple Bloom), I have seen that happen with some other comic that slips my mind...

The MLP themed strips on Sandra and Woo were interesting, they ended with

the parents of one of the characters was playing with ponies, not letting their children play with them, until they were older.

Comics doing shout outs are fun... especially when its ponies!

I think that Weesh (not you, the one from the comic...) might actually like the ponies (Ie: trying to pull an Apple Bloom), I have seen that happen with some other comic that slips my mind...

I've been surprised by the comic in the past, and so there could be a reasonable explanation. But what does "pull an Applebloom" mean?

Basically:

Apple bloom: "I am a big pony"

thus, to "pull an apple bloom" is to act in such a way that one attempts to apire 'grown up' or 'mature'.

thus, in this situation, the phrase refers to the hypothesis that the character may be attempting to seem 'grown up' or 'mature' by rejecting that which the character perceives to be immature.

nomnomnom peaches...

thus, in this situation, the phrase refers to the hypothesis that the character may be attempting to seem 'grown up' or 'mature' by rejecting that which the character perceives to be immature.

Hmmm. Weesh's agenda is unclear, but it seems to be keeping the kids young, playful and away from dating, since his friend previous to the current cast forgot him once she got a boyfriend. Pretending to be grown up seems contrary to this purpose, though he does not seem as innocent to me as portrays himself. There is something going on behind the facade, we haven't seen much of it yet, and I cannot say that you are correct or not with any degree of certainty.

Haha, nah, don't change your name. xD

And from where the comic is going, I think Weesh will change his mind about ponies at some point.

Really, because

1) "yikes" (the most surprised I have ever seen him) INTO

2) "I will sic your sister on you" (the most angry I have ever seen him) INTO

3) "EVIL MINION OF THE DEVIL" (the most afraid I have ever seen him)

Is not showing a trend towards acceptance

It seems more likely that Weesh will strike a deal with them, since they want to use his magic. Except Zoey. Hopefully she doesn't find out that keeping ponies in her room will keep Weesh away forever because he still hasn't broken through to her.

Uh oh. Should have kept my mouth shut.

I am never planning on saying publicly, but let me assure you, it is not as interesting as you are imagining it will be. PM if you want an explanation.

My PMs are broken at the moment, people can't send stuff to me and I bet that counts for replies.