Indiana Pony and the Racers of the Lost Arc (Xiee, Cobalt, SteelEagle) CLOSED unless somone leaves

Xiee

"What's this one say, Insight?!"

"I'm not sure..." he scratched the back of his head with his hoof. "I only recognize three symbols on it, and those three symbols represent the three different ponies, Earth, Pegasus and Unicorn. The rest, will take some time for me to decipher, I do have my research notes in my saddlebag. Perhaps if we stop and rest. It shouldn't take too long for me to figure out these other symbols. And besides, I haven't eaten in hours... aren't you guys a bit hungry?"

Insight had realized that all the excitement had gotten the best of him. His stomach began to complain, and he couldn't think straight on an empty stomach. He looked at his companions to see what they thought about his idea to get some rest. He sure needed it. Aside from walking through the desert and getting lost, he had to deal with the sudden sandstorm, meeting that dragon who never showed up again and now discovering for the first time that he could cast a spell like any other normal Unicorn because of a mysterious magical field in the ruins. He wanted to rest his hooves and digest what he had learned in the past few hours. He was glad to have met two friendly faces.

((How's he deciphering it? As soon as it opens it starts talking and then vanishes, it's basically a scroll-SMS spell that lets the caster send a short message that self-destructs upon completion, hence why why the last one vanished and a new one appeared...))

The moment the second scroll was opened the voice boomed again, in great frustration

CONFOUND YOU LEX, YOUR SPELL

CUT ME OFF! WHAT? ITS SENDING AGAIN!?

um... DEMANDS NOT MET BAD HAPPENS!

THERE, WAS THAT SHORT EN-

At this point the second scroll vanished, this time though a new one did not appear...

Cobalt snickers at the 'message' in the scroll. "You know." He says to Pathfinder and Insight "Even though they were threatening us, you have to admit that was funny." Looking at the two of them he asks "Did they even say what their demands were? It's a bit hard if we don't know what we need to do. Or, you know, refuse to do and run into danger." He turns to to dark passage and looks over his shoulder towards the other ponies with him "Are we still going down the hallway? I'm sort of worried about Dunes, but he can take care of himself just fine. After all, even I managed to get away from them. I think we should rest a bit, I haven't eaten since Dunes and I left for here. What do you guys think?" He asks, stretching his wings and letting out a small yawn. He was pretty beat up. His wings were getting better, but he still had bruises and stuff from when he was getting away from the cultists. Of course, he didn't have his supplies anymore, and he didn't really want to impose on Pathfinder and Insight...

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder gave some though to Cobalt and Insight's request. Indeed, it had been some time since she had eaten...more than twenty-four hours ago, in fact. Just the thought of it made her stomach return from its uneasy slumber and bellow as if the drums of war resided within. Yes, Pathfinder was hungry. Yes, she was hurt. No, she had no plans on stopping. Adventures didn't come to those that wait.

"Well, how about this: You two take a break and eat or whatever you need to do and I go scout ahead? That way, you two can rest up and I can work on us finding Dunesy, stopping this cult, and seeing what sort of super special item is at the end. Besides, I don't have anything to eat and just the thought makes my stomach churn," Pathfinder offered up for consideration to the others as she took her hat off, scratched her mane viciously, and put the hat back on before sitting and taking a deep breath.

"Okay, so you two hang out, I'll head forward. I'll be back in about twenty or so. If I'm not back, that means I'm in some sort of trap and I'll be back in about thirty. If I'm not back then, that means I've been captured! If that's the case, in an hour. Got it? Got it! Haha, FORWARD!" She said dramatically before turning around starting a strong trot into the looming darkness.

Insight was glad that Cobalt was thinking the same as him. To his surprise though, the mare Pathfinder, was an odd one. She was wounded but insisted on continuing the search while the two of them rest up and eat. Her simple minded goal and stubborn attitude reminded him of his own mother, who still worked at the Canterlot University. She would often go on hours without eating, drowned in her research and studies. Then again, he did the same thing, so he couldn't complain there.

"But I think we should stick together!" Insight said in vain as Pathfinder already had trotted away.

"Is she always this impatient?" He asked turning towards Cobalt.

• 2 weeks later...

Cobalt shrugs, an indifferent look on his face. "I've known her for maybe three or four more minutes than you have. But, judging by how Dunes was acting, I'd have to say she probably is." He yawns and sits down, the exhaustion catching up to him. He was teleported, knocked out, tied up, had to run away from nutcase cultists, fell through a brick floor, and he was sure it was only maybe an hour past noon. "Well, I don't think we'd be able to stop her. Might as well stop for now." He says, looking at Insight. "We've got 20 minutes, minimum, before she comes back, right? We might as well get some rest or something."