Just a sort of "idea' that I got.

DashieInTheDark

Hey, so I'm not entirely sure WHERE this thread should go. I just hope here is alright.

I've got all 42 episodes currently released downloaded, and on my PC. They're all in 1080p, and from Youtube. I won't tell you HOW to do it, but just letting you know I have them.

I've got Sony Vegas Pro 11 installed ,and I was thinking of rendering the episodes in corrected color in 720p, and upload them daily to Youtube.

I noticed the episodes on youtube aren't very "good" quality, and I can correct all of it with Vegas Pro. Color, Saturation ,Sharpness, brightness, contrast, etc.

I just don't want to have this be a waste of time. People need a way to get GOOD quality versions, so I felt like I could be of some help. I even know how to remove the watermarks, too, if that bothers anyone.

If I downscaled from 1080p to 720p, it would look BETTER, NOT worse, guys. So don't worry about that part. OR I could just correct them, and put them in 1080p.

So is this a bad idea?

They videos on YouTube are probably crappy because the good ones have been removed. More views means more people are viewing (obvously), and that makes it easier to find and take down. Someone always gets a 1080p up on Saturday sometime after the episode airs (I know because a friend links it on his FB). You should probably be careful about it. :/ Or, y'know, don't be disappointed if they're pulled by YouTube.

They videos on YouTube are probably crappy because the good ones have been removed. More views means more people are viewing (obvously), and that makes it easier to find and take down. Someone always gets a 1080p up on Saturday sometime after the episode airs (I know because a friend links it on his FB). You should probably be careful about it. :/ Or, y'know, don't be disappointed if they're pulled by YouTube.

That's the thing. They ARE being pulled off of Youtube, so at this point, I'm not VERY well known, so they shouldn't get pulled too fast. So you and the rest of Canterlot could benefit.

That's the thing. They ARE being pulled off of Youtube, so at this point, I'm not VERY well known, so they shouldn't get pulled too fast. So you and the rest of Canterlot could benefit.

But if you're the only one with them, people could go after your videos and account to watch episode. One person finds out and links on a major site, your views blow up, and you get noticed. News spreads fast in the Brony community.

The depressing thing is that we've been assured repeatedly that it isn't Hasbro doing this. It's trolls. Still, until they get their rears in gear and start bringing out box set every-pony who's willing to provide us with our fix of technicolour equines should be encouraged. Though I'd make a specific account to avoid everything else being lost if some idiot does jump on you.

The depressing thing is that we've been assured repeatedly that it isn't Hasbro doing this. It's trolls. Still, until they get their rears in gear and start bringing out box set every-pony who's willing to provide us with our fix of technicolour equines should be encouraged. Though I'd make a specific account to avoid everything else being lost if some idiot does jump on you.

Quite the contrary here. "Hasrbo" (or was it Habsro?) spoke out, and the ACTUAL Hasbro said that it was them taking the episodes down. This happened with PonyArchive(?)'s C&D letter. So IS them taking the episodes down.

Either way, I think I'll upload season one, and see how that goes. I'' have the disclaimers and all of that ready. You should find them on my channel before tomorrow!

Edit: My new channel was created. It's called "EquestrianTelevision" on Youtube. I'm rendering episode 1 now.

Well, I've gotten all my episodes from youtube and them all look fine to me... I haven't noticed anything particularly of about them... but if you want to than i'm sure no one would complain.

They may look "fine" when you see they all look the same. However, the contrast, brightness, and saturation is off of them, from the actual episode files themselves. (The raw footage from Hasbro)

This is caused by an incorrectly set up HD PVR, which they use to record the episodes. They aren't actually 1080p. They're 1440x1080, which Youtube detects as 1080p. I've got ACTUAL 1080p footage. (1920x1080)

which when scaled down to 720p, looks crisp, sharp, and VERY clean.

They may look "fine" when you see they all look the same. However, the contrast, brightness, and saturation is off of them, from the actual episode files themselves. (The raw footage from Hasbro)

This is caused by an incorrectly set up HD PVR, which they use to record the episodes. They aren't actually 1080p. They're 1440x1080, which Youtube detects as 1080p. I've got ACTUAL 1080p footage. (1920x1080)

which when scaled down to 720p, looks crisp, sharp, and VERY clean.

There's also the instance or two of 'artifacts' during an episode on occasion. Doesn't happen often from the ones I watch but they're sorta jarring when you see them. Good luck with the channel.