Cubsitting (Ashton/korok132)

Ashton

(Ack, how did I forget about this? >.<)

Hale sighed as she stood outside the door, she wasnt exactly the first pony usually called on the foalsit, especially for a griffen, but she needed the bits and it should be easy. Play a few games, fix the cub a snack, play a couple more then send him off to bed... atleast that's what she was *expecting* little did she know what really was in store for her... she glanced at her saddlebags, she didnt know what kind of games the griffens played so she brought a few she'd enjoyed as a foal, most were fairly simple and even if the griffen cub didnt know them she figured she'd be able to teach him quickly and hopefully keep him entertained.

Hale took a deep breath and slid her hoof under the door knocker 'here goes' she thought as she gently rapped on the door, waiting for the owners to answer...

((Don't worry, I forgot about this too. It's all good.))

Soap? Check. Toothbrush? Check? Normal brush? Check. The piece of work we're supposed to be delivering to Canterlot? Check, otherwise we're out a lot of bits. The cynogriffin couple was ready to depart! There was just one last thing they had to take care of: their cub, Fleet Paw. "But I really wanna gooooooo!" The young cynogriffin complained loudly, trying his hardest to get his parents to take him on their business trip. "Oh trust me, Canterlot is so terribly boring. You wouldn't want to go, trust me." Fleet's mother hugged him tightly. "Now we have someone coming to keep you company. If you need anything, just go ask our neighbors." Immediately upon finishing her sentence, there was a knock at the door. "That's probably her." She opened the door to reveal a blue pegasus standing there with a saddlebag on her back. "Ah! Perfect! Welcome, welcome! Come on in!" She moved aside and motioned for Hale to enter.

Hale Smiled "Thank you, Ma'am" she said, noding politely as she entered "you have a lovely home" she said, though again it was just being polite, though her eyes were looking around in interest, mainly due to the fact she had almost never seen a griffen, much less a griffen's home and was intrigued by the differences. She noticed the cub on the floor now and she nelt down smiling "Hi there, you must be Fleet, I'm Hale, how are you?" she asked

The young cynogriffin let out a small "hmph" still upset and pouting about how he can't go. His mother stood beside Hale. "Oh, give him time, he'll come around. Well, if you're all set, we should be going now." She leaned in to whisper into the pegasus's ear "Keep a close eye on him. He likes to wander. Thinks he's an explorer! Don't let him stay gone for too long." She began to move towards the door. "Have fun Fleet! And be good to the nice mare!" With a smile, the parents left, leaving a small pouting puff of feathers and fur alone with the blue pegasus. If he could possibly look any less happy about having to stay home, it just wasn't coming to him.

Hale forced herself to continue smiling at the griffen, this was not going to be a fun time, but she needed the bits, she had to keep a positive attatude, after all his parents wouldnt be too happy if they came back and found their cub encased in a black of ice -even if it would make the job a lot easier- and it would all be worth it in the end, both helping them out *and* getting paid, so in a way she got paid double... 'oh sweet celestia I'm thinking sappy thoughts' she thought to herself, but they were helping her so she decided to keep them up "Looks like it's you an me then" she said "you know, I've never met a Griffen like you before" she said "why don't you tell me a little about yourself" she offered, sliding her saddlebags off into a nearby chair

"I'm an explorer. I go places and explore them. But they wouldn't let me go with them to explore Canterlot. And now I'm stuck here." He had nothing against the pegasus, it's just that he really wanted to go to Canterlot and his parents didn't take him. Not that there weren't places nearby left to be explored by Fleet, but how often does a cub get to go to a new place as far as Canterlot? Well, at least Hale seemed nice enough, maybe he'll even take her exploring with him. But first, he needed to test her, see if she really is explorer material. What do explorers need again? Uh... right! Speed! She's gotta be able to keep up with me! Can't have her slowing my expedi... expedi... slowing me down. Okay, as soon as she's distracted, I'll make a break for it. If she can't catch me, then she can't be an explorer. Fleet tried to keep a scowling mask on, to give the impression of him still pouting, but his face betrayed a glimmer of expectation and devious cunning to anypony keen enough to see it. Meaning, his face was a terribly veiled smile behind an unhappy face.

Hale knew something was up, though she had no idea what, she kept smiling though "Wow, I bet you've had lots of fun adventures" she said "I'm just a weather-pony, I specialize in Ice" she explained, stomping her hoof, which caused the magic cloud-like mists to form and from them shot a hailstone, shooting upwards, bouncing off the chandelier, ricocheting off the front door, and landing squarely and with the force of a delicate butterfly squarely in the little ridge between Fleet's eyes. Unless he was a complete idiot he'd know this was a demonstration of what would happen if things went south tonight... Hale continued as if nothing had happened "Not very useful, I admit, especially since if I'm not careful things I touch sometimes freeze over, but it does mean I never run out of ice in my drinks" she smiled "you'll have to tell me about your adventures, I'm sure they're much more interesting any the tales of a weather-pony"

((I can't help but think "You're going to make it snow in my house?" When I read your line "a demonstration of what would happen..." I get what you mean, just felt like I should share))

All Fleet did was stare as the hail landed on his face, his face changing from a terrible smile/scowl to just flat-out shock. Okay, scratch that. This mare's INSANE! I'm definitely not taking her with me! I gotta get out of here before she breaks everything! How? When? Uhhhh... stick to the plan. When she gets distracted or something, leg it. "M-my adventures?" He had trouble getting his voice, still in shock over the possibility of this crazy pegasus doing not-good things. "Well, I got really lost once. And, uh..." Oh, YES! I know how I can distract her! He stopped and looked around. "Did you hear that?"

((Snow? oh no, she'd make it hail and sleet! lol Remember she's only good at ice ;) I actually had hte idea of her making all the doors and windows freeze over and lock him in the house like that, but I think that would be WAY too ver the top at this point...))

Hale raised a brow, perhaps she had overdone it, this was a cub after all, though she was planning more to shock and awe him rather than frighten him "I'm sure it's just the house settling" she said with a smile, she needed a way to win him back now that she screwed up that first impression, though there was at least the chance he would be more receptive to her as an authority figure "So, I'm not too familiar with the Griffen culture" she said "I dont know how much help I'd be but if you need some help with your homework I'd be glad to see if I can help you" she realized she was starting to sound awkward now, having used 'help' three times in that once sentance "or, if you've gotten it all done for the weekend, perhaps you'd like to play a game, I didnt know what you liked so I brought a few that I enjoyed when I was a filly" she smiled

((Pffftttt, details. :P))

What is wrong with this mare? First she shoots some ice at me now she's being all friendly? What is going on here? ...Oooooohhh, I get it. You're acting all friendly because you want to eat me, is that it? Be all friendly, wait for me to go to bed, then freeze me and eat me like a giant popsicle, is that it? Well, I'm on to your games now, missy, and I don't plan on being frozen today. Or, tonight. Whatever. "No, really, I think I hear something." He moved towards windows and was looking out on the front lawn. There was nothing there. "It sounded like it was coming from out front. Maybe you should go take a look?" Little did Hale know that there was also a back door through which Fleet could make his getaway from the crazy freezy-cub-eating pegasus. He'll find somewhere to hide and come back tomorrow when his parents come back and get them to take care of the crazy ice-pegasus. For now, he needed a distraction, and if nothing was going to happen, he was going to pretend that stuff was happening until she believed him.

((Unfortunately some things have sudenly happened and I will be off the site for a minimum of a week. I will make this reply, and if you reply before I log off I'll try to hit it up again))

Hale smiled "It's fine, I dont hear a thing and believe me, Pony hearing is quite good" she said "I think your just nervous with your parents gone. Why dont you sit down and relax, if you'd like to play a game or read, I'm more than happy to do so with you" she said, hoping she woudl win him over by reasuring him that nothing was wrong. The poor cub seemed to be jumping at every little breeze...