Pony Chess

Bronynumber299

IDEEEAAAA :idea: ! Okay how awesome would it be to play your favorite strategy game with your favorite MLP FiM characters.What about some list about who would be who.

King:Princess Celestia

Queen:Princess Luna

Knight:Pinkie Pie

Rook:Rainbow Dash

Bishop:Twilight Sparkle

Pawn:Applejack

I came up with that on the spot any tweaks ya want to make?

I might want to try to make this if I can't I'll tell you maybe you can help or even start just in case.

Nah. The issue with chess sets based on established characters is needing precisely 12 pieces a side without pallet swaps.

So... considering MLP as we know it, let's try this:

White King: Celestia

Black King: Luna

White Queen: Twilight

Black Queen: Trixie

White Bishop: Rainbow Dash

Black Bishop: Gilda

And so on and so forth in that fashion.

• Like 2

Lol Pinkie Pie follows no set rules.

Jump to king, move 1.

What?

Nah. The issue with chess sets based on established characters is needing precisely 12 pieces a side without pallet swaps.

So... considering MLP as we know it, let's try this:

White King: Celestia

Black King: Luna

White Queen: Twilight

Black Queen: Trixie

White Bishop: Rainbow Dash

Black Bishop: Gilda

And so on and so forth in that fashion.

Oh sooo true hmmmm.TO THE NOTEBOOK.......AWAYYYYYY

Out of all the worst possible things that could happen, This is THE.WORST.POSSIBLE.THING.

I was thinkin' of how to do this but I can't think of how to make it.Although I do have a list of the characters the black characters are the ones in my fanfic:

White Chess Pieces=Mane 6

King:Twilight Sparkle

Queen:Pinkie Pie

Bishop:Rarity

Knight:Fluttershy

Rook:Rainbow Dash

Pawn:Applejack

Black Chess Pieces=Background 6

King:Trixie

Queen:Berry Punch

Bishop:DJ Pon-3/Vinly Scratch

Knight:Derpy Hooves/Ditzy Doo

Rook:Gilda

Pawn:Carrot Top

I can't see how to make it any ideas?

I dunno with Pinkie being involved chess might not be the ideal game to use her in, perhaps a pony version of this will be better (especially concerning the ice field)

I didn't watch the whole vid but seriosly a racing game?Ye-NO!I'm sorry for hating but I just have my heart set on chess.If you want to make it then do it I might play it but I'm not makin' it sorry

You do bring up a good point dear sir.

*strokes my fancy 'stache* I usually do

But yeah, i think that would be best to have protagonists vs antagonist rather than splitting the main six or Celestia and Luna, more fun that way... Although... What if the pieces could have their tops removed? have the bottoms represent the actual chess pieces (king queen pawn, etc) and have the top switchable so you could make up your OWN chess pieces... Have Rainbow Dash be king, Fluttershy be queen, or whatever you want =3

*strokes my fancy 'stache* I usually do

But yeah, i think that would be best to have protagonists vs antagonist rather than splitting the main six or Celestia and Luna, more fun that way... Although... What if the pieces could have their tops removed? have the bottoms represent the actual chess pieces (king queen pawn, etc) and have the top switchable so you could make up your OWN chess pieces... Have Rainbow Dash be king, Fluttershy be queen, or whatever you want =3

That is a good idea but I'm not a genuis (you don't say) I can't make them unless I have help from someone very smart.I just can't see it happening plus I've been very sick lately

That is a good idea but I'm not a genuis (you don't say) I can't make them unless I have help from someone very smart.I just can't see it happening plus I've been very sick lately

I doubt i could make them myself either... i might be able to make the plans... but i'm not good with wood working or working with plastics and mold... It would be awesome to see though! =D

Discord vs Equestria. Awesome.

What you could do (in theory at least) would be to get thick dowl (depending upon the size of the squares) and cut it so the hight showed what the peices were. Thin, checker like discs for pawns, thicker ones for knights, ect. Then you could put a small magnet (to stop the picture from sliding off) and use another section of dowl with a pic of the pony on top. So you have the actual playing piece, as well as a disc with the pony on top.

If you do make this, Pictures?

Hmmmm I might be able to do it with some plans although I can't even draw ponies.Oh and your idea with the changeable characters would be tooo confusing for the players.Because remember whenever you're making something you have to assume the consumers are idiots.

Well yeah, that's very true too, but that why you have the generic set already set up so they can open it up and play, and then have the extra pieces set aside for when they want to switch it up later. i was thinking of a rubber dowel of sorts popping out of the bottom of each character top, and a hole the same size for the bottom so it would have a nice snug fit for the pieces

Discord vs Equestria. Awesome.

What you could do (in theory at least) would be to get thick dowl (depending upon the size of the squares) and cut it so the hight showed what the peices were. Thin, checker like discs for pawns, thicker ones for knights, ect. Then you could put a small magnet (to stop the picture from sliding off) and use another section of dowl with a pic of the pony on top. So you have the actual playing piece, as well as a disc with the pony on top.

If you do make this, Pictures?

Well yeah, that's very true too, but that why you have the generic set already set up so they can open it up and play, and then have the extra pieces set aside for when they want to switch it up later. i was thinking of a rubber dowel of sorts popping out of the bottom of each character top, and a hole the same size for the bottom so it would have a nice snug fit for the pieces

I like the checker piece kinda things with pictures but a writable surface around the picture so you can write which character is which piece huh but then we would have to make like sixthousand pieces of the characters and that is a bad idea I'm sorry to shoot you down starfox (no really). But I like the checker piece sort things.

But these are my ideas for the pieces:

Discord side

King Discord

Queen Nightmare Moon

Bishop Gilda

Knight Manticore?Or shadow bolts

Rook Tom? Maybe diamond dog leader

Pawn Diamond dog guards no question

Celestia Side

"King" Celestia

Queen luna

Bishop Twilight and Rarity

Knight Pinkie and Applejack

Rook Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Pawn Celestia's Royal Gaurds

There is still alot of planning but I can't do immediate action because I'm sick but you could help by finding pictures and helping with the discord side.