DJ Pon3 Info Stuff [Spoilers]

That'd be a pity if her eyes were blue: if they were red, it would make for a great nod toward the fanon.

However, being blue would, IIRC, fit with a fan theory that unicorn magic colour is based on eye colour.

Numerous fanfictions have covered the theory of Unicorn Magic. I especially like the explanation in Allegrezza, where the Unicorn's magic aura is originally colored after body color or mane color, but when the unicorn falls in love (or whatever nonsense) the aura changes to the color of the loved one... But then that raises the question of Twilight's Magical aura. In the first few episodes, it was purple, but later on in the series, it changed to red. Eeeeyup. My thoughts exactly. Well, regardless. If her eyes really are blue, I've got some timetraveling to do. I'd have to tell my past self that her eyes are really blue, and don't feature her in two fanfics where her eyes are red. Whoops.

Yeah, usually I'm not bothered about fanon perception of things one way or the other, and I like the show to just go in its own direction so that we can build our community around it rather than trying to control it... but one bit of fanon I did like was the red eyes. It made her really unique simply because it contrasted so well with her other colours. Oh well. As long as she doesn't remove her glasses in the episode/s, we've got nothing to worry about anyway.