How did you become a Brony?

BRONYBUSCUS

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never become a brony. I'll stay in denial until forever.

Too bad! You already are one, in my opinion! :mad:

But really, just admit it. It lightens some of the pressure you have to face as a closet brony, and your friends would most likely accept that fact.

I'll never become a brony. I'll stay in denial until forever.

By the original definition of the word you are a brony. In denial or not . If you call your self a brony or openly tell people that aren't fan a fan you are still by definition a brony.

Too bad! You already are one, in my opinion! :mad:

But really, just admit it. It lightens some of the pressure you have to face as a closet brony, and your friends would most likely accept that fact.

For some people it is better to remain a "closet brony" (i hate that term since its typically slag for an accepting gay person and not all bronies are gay) due to how some people will react.

For example: Me telling my dad that I am a brony will have catastrophic repercussions since when he found out about bronies in 2011 he said if I was a brony truthfully or ironically (i am a truthful brony) that i would need to find a new place to live, which I can't do because as a full time student I don't have a job. However as so as this circumstance changes or goes away I will not tell my dad and I will continue to rely on the goodness of my friends not to tell him because a lot of my friends do know I am a brony.

dang it. Haha those definitions.

It's funny cuz even if I admitted it to the world, no one would believe me.

It's also funny, because being an open brony is not as hard and terrible as it seems. As the MLP fandoms grows bigger, even people who hate it have already began to accept bronies in society. It's doubtful your parents will disown you in any way.

Everyone I met up with doesn't find it uncommon to see a brony, and I admitted with no problem. In fact, a few of them later admitted themselves as bronies.

It's also funny, because being an open brony is not as hard and terrible as it seems. As the MLP fandoms grows bigger, even people who hate it have already began to accept bronies in society. It's doubtful your parents will disown you in any way.

Everyone I met up with doesn't find it uncommon to see a brony, and I admitted with no problem. In fact, a few of them later admitted themselves as bronies.

Sadly, I met two people who aren't part of that world.

One is a personal friend. He said he has watched it, and even liked a few episodes. But whenever his brother brings up him liking those episodes, he literally gets enraged to the point of even screaming his denial.

Another is one I met here. He had to face everyone that was going against him. He signed up for a day, and left the next.

Whow! Should tell him to calm down and say please don't mention about it, I don't want to hear it. Not to go ballistic like some angry tiger on the loose.

Ouch, your other friend, talk about being a punching bag. :(

@kodokuna

dang. When I said I was in denial, I was just joking. But you're first friend's story makes me feel sad. What compels him to need to hide his true thoughts away, I wonder...

But it's better he scream his denial on the outside, than to hold it in and be in denial on the inside. With time, he'll realize that everything's a-ok and the more different one is, the less f's one should give. :D

and I honestly do hope your friends can work everything out.

not disown kick me out. I live with them out of necessity of them being close to my current college as soon as I am done with school I am getting a job and moving out.

• 3 weeks later...

I was bored, I wanted to do something. Last September I remembered one of my friends used to be into My Little Pony. He was a good friend of mine and he said he was just kidding after a while, he wasn't really a brony, the whole thing was a joke and I knew that. Although this only gave me a slight interest in the show, I learned about the bronies eventually and I never met one. I just decided one day in September to try it, and I fell in love with it. Unfortunately I stopped being a brony within 2 months. This girl I was really into at the time and I followed around like a puppy got me into an anime called Nana. That pretty much called the end to me being a brony, I eventually stopped watching Nana because I already watched it entirely, I had nothing to watch again so I spent days talking to this girl and a bunch of my friends, she eventually became a ***** to me and I didn't want to be friends with her anymore.

Before I stopped being friends she introduced me to one of her friends who was a Brony last January. Ironically I became a brony again after playing a clopper game called "Banned from Equestria Daily". It wasn't that I was a clopper, it just reminded me of this show that I stopped watching and completely forgot about. Once I told him he resparked my interest in the show he told me he had a whole group full of bronies, he brought me into the skype group and that was a huge turning point, I went out with 3 girls afterwards. I was more confident in who i was. I was never a closet brony, I was always open, my parents even knew and they have surprised me by buying me certain Brony merch without me even asking. all in all I am very glad that I became a brony, And I hope to be part of the community for a very very long time.

Well, it started before 2012, my brother was saying something about My Little Pony and this music video called Flutterwonder "which was a good song i lived it!", i just listened to it and really i guess was the start of the interest to the My Little Pony but not the fanbase. I have a friend who is a long friend by the way, but was looking up the parodies and youtube poops of the my little pony stuff. I laughed at him but I watched the stuff too. He sent me a bunch of channels of guy fans which got me a bit more interested! And this was the turn of 2012...

It was about January when I got more interested in knowing. My friend kept sending me things to watch for the following month. It made me pass by a video called "Teens React to: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" making it to a point where the video was talking about what a Brony is where it made me say "What the F***?!" It literally made me interested in knowing more about the fanbase i now am getting known about. I watched a couple episodes and got hooked. I then passed by a couple of people who wanted to add me on skype, so I allowed it because i wasn't much for skype then.. I got added to a group of three people putting their skype names Jay, MilLs Dj, and M۪۫'ɪsнĸa and Jake. I then admitted to being a Brony to the Fanbase!

I had a couple times where I was starting to forget about being a brony...

During the Spring of 2012, I started to watch some people get pissed at being a brony and would get mad at times at the fanbase. It made me think but I didn't think of leaving as I was actually growing a liking to the people who are talking to me! I then got my first pony merch being a pinkie pie doll from McDonalds that my brother got. It made me stay into the fanbase. It was about March then and I made my OC that I call Editz Hooves. It was something that kept me closer into the fanbase. The OC was something that helped me stay in the fanbase.

By the time I started Junior year of High school, I wasn't as big of a brony as I was but made me discover how big the fanbase is! I met a few bronies at my school and it got me back and more interested into the fanbase and by this time I became bigger of a brony and still growing! I made new friends and some of my foes became friends! But I made more foes that hated that I am into the show. Alot of my friends didn't care and the ones who had a problem of me liking the show were usually 9th graders at school. After making a bunch of brony friends, we all went to Equestria LA 2013! After that I have no reasons to leave the fanbase for all it has gave for me! I am now a bigger brony who made alot of friends and had some low times within the fanbase with some of my friends but, Brony and Proud of it! /)

Uh... Do you have a free week or two to devote to reading? :)

http://www.bay12foru...p?topic=93121.0 399 pages

http://www.bay12foru...p?topic=96608.0 144 pages... Both at 25 posts per page.

Started reading these two when they were partway through... Eventually decided to look into the refrences... And a Netflix binge later, here I am. My history with [colour=#000000]Shétan and horseback riding [colour=black]probably[/colour] helped too... And I'm a fan of the Railway Series... *Glances at a book I've read so many times the covers have fallen off.* Yea...[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#282828]

This is how I became a brony:[/colour][colour=#282828]

Last March 2011, I first saw this show on KnowYourMeme.com. I immediately thought, "How the heck would a show for little girls become famous with grown men?" I didn't know it back then, but I became interested on it.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Early 2012, my interest for this show reached its peak when I saw Turnabout Storm by NeoArtimus. Last June, I was hospitalized. On that hospital, this fandom became a recurring thought in my head.[/colour][colour=#282828]

I even memorized the names of the Mane 6.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity.[/colour][colour=#282828]

And then I saw this fandom in a new light.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Never I saw an animated show which has a fandom THIS BIG. Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, The Last Airbender, Regular Show, The Legend of Korra, I could list more animated shows, has nothing on this.\[/colour][colour=#282828]

Never I saw a show in which even the BACKGROUND CHARACTERS are as famous as the MAIN CHARACTERS.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Never I saw a show that has:[/colour][colour=#282828]

Bloggers such as Sethisto.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Musicians such as TheLivingTombstone.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Artists such as John Joseco.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Never I saw a show that the people who are involved with the making of this show actually interact with the fans. Heck, Bronies are official as of Equestria Girls(the song).[/colour][colour=#282828]

Never I saw a show in which some famous people are actually bronies. Tara Strong, Andrew W.K., Gabe Newell, Notch, John Cena, Seth Green,[/colour][colour=#282828]

AND NEVER I saw a show that survived attacks on this fandom such as [/colour][colour=#282828]

4Chan, Howard Stern, Jerry Springer, Tosh.0,FOX News.[/colour][colour=#282828]

So,[/colour][colour=#282828]

I decided to join the herd.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Never I thought that this show is well-written, the songs are catchy and the jokes are witty.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Never I thought that this show would be good, even better than the ugly old generations (especially 3.5)[/colour][colour=#282828]

I say that joining fandom was a great decision.[/colour][colour=#282828]

I hope that this fandom would stay as long as Star Wars, Doctor Who, and Star Trek.[/colour][colour=#282828]

Hello everyone.[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

i started out a brony hater, until i came across some clips of fluttershy that i thought were funny. however, i didn't really become a brony until i watched some youtube documentaries on bronies some i thought were some pretty cool people and i saw the pilot and was like "this is actually really funny." And behold i shed my hater cocoon and became a brony.

• 2 months later...

a few of my friends at school where like.. "hey you should watch it its pretty bad ass" i was like okay and now here i am a 3 week total brony convert :eek: :eek: :Flutter: :Flutter: :Flutter: :Flutter: thanks guys lol :Flutter: :Flutter: :Flutter: :Flutter: :Flutter: :Flutter: flutterlove is the best love

also rainbow factory and cupcake factory as well

• 7 months later...

I just love hearing those 'how I became a brony' stories. Each of them are unique. So... tell me your story! Smiley's just curious :razz:

Me? Well, it was about a year and a half ago, midway through season 3 I think. I was bored and going around on youtube, watching those kids react/teens react/elders react/youtubers react videos when I came across this:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

At first I just kind of shook it off saying "Yeah, they're trolls" But a few weeks leter I ended up watching that video again, and I thought "What if there is actually something to this show that adult men would like?" So I typed My Little Pony Friendship is Magic into youtube and watched the first episode that came up (because this is before the youtube copyright thing) And I think it was Keep Calm and Flutter On, because that was the most recent episode that had aired at the time. Of course, you had to be a fan of the show to understand what was going on there, so i kind of had a 'what?' reaction. But I didn't give up, and I watched a few more episodes, mostly random ones from season three since that was the one currently airing. By the time I watched Magic Duel, I was impressed. Really impressed. i think it was then that i could see why bronies loved this show so much. So I went back to season one, and began marathoning the episodes in order. (Actually when I was going through season two, I watched like six hours in one sitting) I ended up watching all of them. And well, a year and a half later, here I am today. :)

How did I become a Brony? About a year ago my friend Chris and I were skyping and watching youtube videos and he talked me into watching the first episode. We ended up staying up all night marathoning the first two seasons.

At the first I was an anti-brony. (Don't judge me because of that please.)

I thought it's just a silly show for little girls and when I saw a little of some episode in the TV I thought it definetely.

Maybe because in my language the voices are horrible...

But an year ago I found that my girlfriend likes it. Well I decided to watch the first episode because I wanted to know what's so interesting on that for her.

That day I was watching it for all the evening and next day too and next day...

I fall in love with this show. And because I'm watching it just in English that horrible voices don't bother me.

Now I'm ashamed for myself. Because I took it as a nonsence even if I didn't know it.

ok this may seem a little weird and scary but this is honestly how i came across the show up to now until i read this i have never heard of mlp so remember that ok so i was at like a commently type school and i was hanging out with a couple of friends at school when i went to visit one of my friends in the computer lab he was reading something on it i asked what he was doing he told me he was reading creepy pastes then i asked what those are and he told me what it was after he left the lab he told me it is a website that is home to alot of creepy and weird stories so a day later i got into the lab and decide to look at the site i found and read alot of stuff a couple days after that i went to a diffent friend room and saw him watching the funny cupcakes video you know the one with pikie pie and rainbow dance every so often to the song Ready to die by Andrew W.K anyway after that when i got back into the computer lab i decide to look up a creepy pasta about mlp there was alot but the one i was call The truth behind My Little Pony i would post the link but for some reason they took it down but i found a video that is the same thing here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRksdcp4PBI after i finish i got off and went to my room and sat on my bed just think about that after a couple hours it seem like it was lunch time so i went to lunch and sat and talked to my friends it was mostly out of my mind but my little pony stay so when i got back into the lab i went to youtube and looked for videos on the show yea i saw alot of eps but i left those alone because mom had netflix at home and i decide to check to see if it was on it and watch them all i order as i nomal like to do with show so the first video i watch was the cupcake video i said about up there^ after that i found cupcakes HD on the side bar after the ep so i watch that beside all the blood and gory it was really good then every time i could i would watch a couple of fan made videos then play some online games and that is how i became a brony of couse when i got home and i look for it on netflix and found and watch it i am kinda a fan of horror type stuff

Archived