Assassin's Creed 3

Hey guys!

Not sure if anyone is a big Assassin's Creed fan like me, but feel free to give your opinion even if you aren't. :)

So a few days ago, Ubisoft revealed their plans to continue the story of Assassin's Creed.

Assassin's Creed Revelations finished up Ezio and Altair's story, but now they're creating a whole new character!

And I think the coolest part about this new game is that it's going to take place in America during what appears to be the American Revolution.

So unlike the past games, I actually know part of the history that will be going on throughout the game :lol: that is, if Ubisoft decides to be very accurate with the story.

IGN also uploaded a video to youtube where they analyzed the Game Informer cover and the PS3 box art for Assassin's Creed 3, and surprisingly they were able to come up with a very exact time period that this game will take place in.

I'm interested to see what other people think of this :smirk:

Assassin's Creed 3 - Reveal Trailer [uK] (assassinscreedUK)

Assassin's Creed 3 - New Setting & Character Details Revealed (IGNentertainment)

• 1 year later...

I've played all the Assassin's Creeds, and I honestly felt that the series started to die once Revelations came out. Returned Revelations just a few days after getting it, as for the gameplay was almost exactly the same as Brotherhood, and had a rather dull and unneeded story filler. But talking AC3 here, I didn't like the new combat system they added in it, not to mention you still can't block spears, and it doesn't feel like a natural combat IMO. I also did a little test run and back in AC1 and 2 you almost had to use some type of sword or weapon to get anywhere, but in AC3 you can beat the campaign with just using your hands. No joke.

Anyone get Altair's Outfit yet? I just noticed it's much harder than getting Ezio's...

I can't get 100% full synchronization! I still have 26% percent left but it's so freaking hard.

I've played all the Assassin's Creeds, and I honestly felt that the series started to die once Revelations came out. Returned Revelations just a few days after getting it, as for the gameplay was almost exactly the same as Brotherhood, and had a rather dull and unneeded story filler. But talking AC3 here, I didn't like the new combat system they added in it, not to mention you still can't block spears, and it doesn't feel like a natural combat IMO. I also did a little test run and back in AC1 and 2 you almost had to use some type of sword or weapon to get anywhere, but in AC3 you can beat the campaign with just using your hands. No joke.

Not always. some less experienced players can't do that.

But still, you can just air assassinate, kill people from behind or an hiding spot, and disarm guards.

Disarming Jagers are fun.

The character redesign looked so wonky on this game. Desmond went from looking like Adam Sandler to looking like the offspring of Adam Sandler and a monkey. There were multiple glitches to take into account, which really ruined the experience for me. One of which was when Connor froze and couldn't move, even though everything else was moving around him.

Other glitches consisted of trying to shoot explosive barrels during a chase scene, where the shoot button just didn't work. It's not a game I'm inclined to return to, unless I feel like utilizing the combat system (which is pretty fun). As far as story goes...eh...the fire is slowly starting to die out for that. Hopefully the next one coming out this year will pick things up (most likely not).

I enjoyed the gameplay and feel of AC3. The story was the only reason I did not enjoy it more. To me AC2 was just an all around better game. Connor was also about as likeable as a friendly brick. I had a lot of fun with rope darts and tomahawks but the appeal wore thin & the game felt much less immersive than 2. I'm holding out hope for 4.

• 3 months later...

[colour=#474747]Assassin's Creed III builds strongly on the series but fails to take a giant leap of faith into any real new territory. A new plot, the Colonial America setting, and sheer volume of things to do outweigh the disappointing bugs and glitches.[/colour]