General Scientific Thread

shyshy

Actually, someone JUST won the Nobel Prize in Physics for finding an alternative to Silicon.

A special kind of Graphene that can carry a charge as small as one electron.

So it won't fail. We already solved the issue.

SCIENCE!

called Quantum computers!

About getting close to the sun.

That wouldn't be necessary.

1) You need a projectile launch at an accurately estimated time while in space, this projectile can work such as a vacuum ejection.

2) To make this accurate, you need to crush these things into cubes or such so the barrel ejecting it can let it out accurately.

About Technology.

It is possible.

Because If they worked hard on studying this instead of using materials for other unnecessary things(You name anything), it can work. How? By focusing on this point, duh.

Finding a world that we can inhabit?

If we're talking about air, that would be impossible to get anywhere else except this planet so far.

The Moon and Mars might work in some ways to inhabit by using some oxygen supplies, but no other place.

We're talking about centuries of space Hubbles scouting for possible visual of life-supporting planets.

By that time, we won't be able to find a single place in the people.

.... Off the subject.

I've been thinking about war.... its sorta bad but a weirdly beneficial in some ways.

Believe it or not, it somehow decreases the population quite effectively. Weird, huh?

Not that I think it's such a good idea to make another one. Because we've had quite enough from the last and this century.

Meh, sounds ridiculous of me to talk about it right now.

Wrong words.

Not beneficial, because war is bad.

Very very bad....

The problem is nearly every scientific discovery ever was done on accident while researching something often completely unrelated. It seems to be how a lot of our discoveries happen- by accident. Trying to solve one issue will lead to us solving something completely different oftentimes.

As for inhabitable worlds, there are a few theories on it (if we don't find any we can live on). Such as Greenhouses, altering the atmosphere, etc. Find a world at least remotely similar to ours and with a century or two you could make it at least some what inhabitable, in theory.

A big problem I do have with our efforts to find life is how they go about it- they are viewing it from an entirely anthrocentric point of view (ie that life would be like us). As far as we know, whatever else is out there may not need even remotely close to what we need for survival (oxygen, water, etc.), the fact is we do not know.

The universe we are in, we know very very little about it. Next to nothing, in comparison to its size (infinite).

In theory?

You must take the experiment to the moon to make it a theory.

Then to make it a scientific law, you must put an animal or two or more in there to see if they will manage with the surroundings.

Sure that's a bit far stretched by the way I said it. But that's how it should work to make it a theory to law.

So basically: Its not in theory, its still in hypothesis.

Because it has never been used for real on moon for example.

My hypothesis is that the one who are working on this are saying its a theory because it takes a lot of money to try and prove that it can be a theory.

And can be lazy and lame.

They shouldn't be worried about what's coming in the future, because we're far from having that trouble.

The only thing that we should be troubled about are the leaders of this world and the condition of our planet.

Because of the leaders, we don't have a good advantage of dealing with the pollution.

We, of right now, are not supposed to worry about our population, its the planet we must clean up in order to have enough time with the population problem.

But as most people would say of my speaking: Deal with it.

In theory?

You must take the experiment to the moon to make it a theory.

Then to make it a scientific law, you must put an animal or two or more in there to see if they will manage with the surroundings.

Sure that's a bit far stretched by the way I said it. But that's how it should work to make it a theory to law.

So basically: Its not in theory, its still in hypothesis.

Because it has never been used for real on moon for example.

My hypothesis is that the one who are working on this are saying its a theory because it takes a lot of money to try and prove that it can be a theory.

And can be lazy and lame.

They shouldn't be worried about what's coming in the future, because we're far from having that trouble.

The only thing that we should be troubled about are the leaders of this world and the condition of our planet.

Because of the leaders, we don't have a good advantage of dealing with the pollution.

We, of right now, are not supposed to worry about our population, its the planet we must clean up in order to have enough time with the population problem.

But as most people would say of my speaking: Deal with it.

But the problem is, our massive population contributes to our horrible pollution, particularly in overpopulated nations such as China or India. Population and pollution go hand in hand- we cannot solve one and completely ignore the other. It would be like attacking the symptoms of a disease but not the disease itself; taking cough drops will ease the symptoms of your cold, but won't actually solve your cold. Ejecting all of our trash into space will remove our pollution- for a time. The sheer amount of population we have is what is causing our pollution; take out the root cause, and then clean up the symptom later.

And for the record, there aren't many scientific "laws", most things we take to be true are in reality theories. For example, it is called the THEORY of Gravity, the THEORY of Electromagnetism, the THEORY of Evolution, etc. The actual Scientific laws are few and far between; we simply assume the theories are true because there is often an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting them.