DosEquus

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say I am loving the new series and from the few other shows I'm watching and have watched Amon is a very realistic villain and he does have some redeeming factors to him. On a side note old Aang rocks the beard.

By the way folks, hate to say it but I am taking a while to warm up to Korra it seems.

As in the show in general, not saying its a bad series mind you I am liking what I see but... I dont have as much enthusiasm for this as I did the original series and I know why.

The thing about the original series that made me like it right away is that it was a brand new universe and a brand new mythos to explore,

There was a sense of adventure with the original series, where the series was not locked down to one location and there was a whole brand new world to explore.

Here, we are stuck in one location and we already know about how the world works and the famous places are, there is nothing new here except for the main story itself.

Not saying this is a bad thing but for someone like me who likes it when a universe shows off brand new things you have not seen before and slowly explains how it works and engages you in the environment.

This is why I got into Gargoyles, Star Trek, Doctor Who, My Little Pony FiM, The original Avatar series and heck even Twilight engaged me a bit despite how bad it is.

Now I am not slamming this series or talking trash on it but I just feel that I am not as engaged as I was for the original series, its not really an age thing or a complete blind devotion to the original series thing but more or less I am not warming up to the series as much as I would like to.

Dont get me wrong, I like this series, its characters and its story but it just feels... off for me and i cant be the only one who feels like this.

Your thoughts?

Oh i totaly agree with this, and for the first series, that was one its core geniuses, hopefully once this story arc of republic city plays out it will somehow link the sequel book (hopefully there will be more seasons) to braoder locations.

Honestly the republic city thing, it took a while and a talk with one of my friends brothers (whos a expert fan ) to really get and I havent come to the concllusion on whether I think it was a good addition or not.

LIN IS BACK!! :D

That episode was all kinds of awesome. And next is the season finale!! I can't wait to find out how the season wraps up. I kinda wished I hadn't looked at the preview, though. XD

"Toph, I'm 40. You think you could stop with the nicknames?" ._.

If anyone could beat the chi-blockers it'd be Toph / Metalbending. Can't hit your vitals if you've got armor on. Also, I'm still terribly disenfranchised with Korra as a whole so far. It just doesn't have the magic of The Last Airbender.

You know, it's hard for me to tell if it's important to see the first one to get the second one. Then again, the mere mentioning of some things in here (even outside of spoilers) are massive spoilers for TLA. XD

I don't really understand any of it, so no worries about spoiling anything. (And I don't mind if stuff gets spoiled anyway.)

Just watched the latest episode...EPIC! Seeing Zuko's son, Iroh, at the end, leading the United Forces...and he sounds just like him, too! Not sure if that's cheesy, or awesome!

But in all honesty, I knew Amon would take over the city, since he almost always had the upper hand in every episode.

The question still remains, though....who or what is the dude? He can't even be blood bended!

Oh, he could be blood bended. Just not so easily. XD

If Korra hadn't been trapped at that moment, a well placed earth bending attack could have probably taken him out. It's not like he could have dodged in that state.

Also, he did say that his power had been given to him by a spirit, didn't he? Like, during that Equalist meeting?

Finale didn't much impress me.

I feel like it was rushed. It was good, but I feel like because it wasn't as well paced as Avatar:TLA, it didn't have the same impact. The build up to each finale was strong in the original series. Here, it felt like they did a speed structure, and it was based on loose foundations.

For starters, there was too much exposition. Between the action it was all "this is my life's story" and "this happened while you were away," and during the action, they kept talking through parts. Like when Amon was revealed as a fraud, that should have been enough without the crowd shouding "Look, the avatar was right, he IS a fraud!" not to mention the existensial angst his followers are going to have. The equalist organization might have lost its leader, but I hardly doubt it will stop existing.

I was disappointed that they didn't adress the equalists concerns at all. Their feelings are legitimate, and need to be open to public disdcourse. Perhaps season 2 will have it, but it's barely been hinted yet. There's an inherent unfairness to how some can bend and others can't, and it sits wrong with me.

The villain and his backstory were shallow. We have a father who doesn't give the slightest crap about his children, despite raising them. It would have been more human to show the love that often intermingles in abusive relationships like this.

The lietenant didn't act the least bit sensibly. Okay, we can assume he believes in the cause. And he sees his leader is a fraud. And he KNOWS Amon can blood bend. WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE CONFRONT HIM WITH NO WITNESSES? If I was the lieutenant, I would have summoned witnesses and assumed leadership of the group, or silently assasinated Amon in his sleep.

The whole thing was just botched.

Archived