DosEquus

For starters, there was too much exposition. Between the action it was all "this is my life's story" and "this happened while you were away," and during the action, they kept talking through parts. Like when Amon was revealed as a fraud, that should have been enough without the crowd shouding "Look, the avatar was right, he IS a fraud!" not to mention the existensial angst his followers are going to have. The equalist organization might have lost its leader, but I hardly doubt it will stop existing.

I was disappointed that they didn't adress the equalists concerns at all. Their feelings are legitimate, and need to be open to public disdcourse. Perhaps season 2 will have it, but it's barely been hinted yet. There's an inherent unfairness to how some can bend and others can't, and it sits wrong with me.

The villain and his backstory were shallow. We have a father who doesn't give the slightest crap about his children, despite raising them. It would have been more human to show the love that often intermingles in abusive relationships like this.

The lietenant didn't act the least bit sensibly. Okay, we can assume he believes in the cause. And he sees his leader is a fraud. And he KNOWS Amon can blood bend. WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE CONFRONT HIM WITH NO WITNESSES? If I was the lieutenant, I would have summoned witnesses and assumed leadership of the group, or silently assasinated Amon in his sleep.

The whole thing was just botched.

I agree, again, too much to do not enough time. This was originally supposed to be the final end. Nick is just stupid, and instead of giving this a full 24 episodes for the full story arc to comfortably flesh out like they did with the first series.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction: Korra will get chi blocked and lose her bending. Will ahve to rock it old-school until she figures out a cure.

Bam. Well, almost Bam. She can still airbend somehow.

KORRA, THE NEW LAST AIRBENDER.

Would that make Aang the last the last airbender?

They wrapped up things too quickly. Things I wished they had saved for the second season. But oh well. :I

Can't agree more, they rushed too many things in this one. During the entire "season" they shot multiple options of story down way too fast.

The most depressing is that they rush down the wrappings in the last minutes of the episode.

While most loose ends, like the disabled benders, could make an interesting story beginning for season 2.

But they did a pretty good job of setting a solid story in the minimum time they had.

They also built the changes of the world in a fast and efficient manner.

I guess it's more the lack of emotional bonding you only get in an anime that runs for 50+ (or 500+) episodes, that let me down than anything else..

This is how I had hoped it would go: Korra gets chi-blocked and has to learn to cope with non-bending. For the first time, she must come to face the tremendous privilege that being a bender (the avatar even!) provided her with. After a period of mourning, she realizes that people still look up to her as a savior of sorts, and that she still has the responsibility of the Avatar (not to mention the powers she gets by her connection to past avatars and the ghost world). End of season 1.

She sets out to find a non-bending master. She learns martial arts, and quickly because she is the avatar. She learns how to counter blood-bending through sheer power of self control, then faces Amon again, armed with nothing but her fists, and ruins him. End of season 2.

The lesson learned here is that the Avatar doesn't just embody the 4 elements, but all of humanity as well, benders and non-benders alike. She becomes an icon, or avatar, of unity, and she gains the understanding to mend the rift between benders and non-benders. Republic City's central conflict can now begin to mend.

I still want to know how blood bending can block chi paths permanently.

Maybe there's some kind of special organ within every bender that allows them to use their chi. That would be off the wall and the only thing I can think of as to how manipulating blood cuts off bending. I don't know. Maybe they'll explain next season.

And...dat boat scene...they make me feel bad for Tarrlok and then he does that...*sob*

I've gotta say....that was one epic finally.

My brother complained that it felt too rushed, but I'm quite satisfied. :D

In any case, I'm going to shamelessly plug in with my latest editing work!

Dessa you were right and Bumi is boss.

Does anyone else feel that the romance is pretty wedged in?

I've gotta agree with you, ThunderBrony. For some reason, I never really felt much depth in any of the relationships that went on in this show...maybe it's because they simply couldn't do much with just 12 episodes, or something.

I've gotta agree with you, ThunderBrony. For some reason, I never really felt much depth in any of the relationships that went on in this show...maybe it's because they simply couldn't do much with just 12 episodes, or something.

It still feels like they are trying to use the "Girl meets boy and falls in love the end." I just feel like they are throwing in the romance to appease certain niches of viewers (Mostly the fanfiction writers or artists) This just feels too much like they are assaulting me with a baseball bat. HEY LOOK ROMANCE LOVE IT!

I realized just how much I love Meelo.

tumblr_m5q8cflDKj1qj4buio1_r1_500.gif

I've been watching the episodes over recently. I think the storyline is quite interesting, and the quality of the show is great, but as I said before, I don't think it's quite as great as The Last Airbender series was.

• 2 weeks later...

Rosewind! Updates?

I'm working on Avatar! I'm on episode 8! It's starting to pick up, and definitely has charm to it. I've got to buck up and just marathon it all day so I can get to Korra.

Yus, I know I don't need to watch Avatar to enjoy Korra, but I'm stubborn like that! Yip yip!

• 2 weeks later...

Toph just joined Team Avatar. She is definitely best pony. :-o

It took a season or so, but it's really getting good! (I know I'm stating the obvious, but I have to say it!)

Toph is just plain epic! She's tied with Sokka for my favorite character!

tumblr_m51r09KAdY1qewk6no1_400.giftumblr_lyktx7mRUq1qewk6no1_400.gif

tumblr_lykqj33ANt1qewk6no1_400.gif

Plus, I just love her attitude.

tumblr_m59zreVcvn1rvvp3eo4_250.gif

tumblr_m2ndcmnVbD1r6o3e6.gif

Archived