pony genealogy

sevofthesands

im have an idea i just want to see if its right its about pony genealogy here is what i think

so far

earthpony+earthpony=earthpomy

unicorn+unicorn=unicorn

pegasis+pegasis=pegasis

so my question is his ....

can a

Earthpony+unicorn= unicorn or earthpony

or earthpony+pegasis= earthpony or pegasis

what im asking is can a earthpony be a relative to a unicorn or pegasis

im so confused >_>

Yes, that is how it works so long as they have the Unicorn of Pegasus in the bloodline SOMEWHERE it counts.

This was proven in Canon when Mr. and Mrs. Cake's children are shown, one of them is a unicorn and the other is a Pegasus...While both parents are Earth Ponies.

Mr. Cakes gave a long explanation of how they got the genes in them from his and her family trees but as per Canon the relationship doesn't matter so long as it is blood related.

Edit: Bla :c you ninja'd me, sorta

Hmm, well, I don't know much about genealogy (I'm just some teen), but we finished up heredity and punnett squares in biology a few weeks ago. So first of all, I guess first you'd need to decide whether or not being an Earth Pony is dominant or recessive. Or if being a unicorn/pegasus is dominant or recessive. I would just assume having a gene for Earth Pony would be dominant over the other two recessive ones.

So, if this were the case, the next question is what genes did Mr. and Mrs. Cake have that allowed them to have BOTH a unicorn baby and a pegasus baby. Assuming Earth pony is a dominant trait, they would need one Earth pony gene each, leaving one space open for either of the two recessive genes.

Anyway, I decided to make a visual of how I see it...

PonyGenetics.png

Edit: Bla :c you ninja'd me, sorta

Hmm, well, I don't know much about genealogy (I'm just some teen), but we finished up heredity and punnett squares in biology a few weeks ago. So first of all, I guess first you'd need to decide whether or not being an Earth Pony is dominant or recessive. Or if being a unicorn/pegasus is dominant or recessive. I would just assume having a gene for Earth Pony would be dominant over the other two recessive ones.

So, if this were the case, the next question is what genes did Mr. and Mrs. Cake have that allowed them to have BOTH a unicorn baby and a pegasus baby. Assuming Earth pony is a dominant trait, they would need one Earth pony gene each, leaving one space open for either of the two recessive genes.

Anyway, I decided to make a visual of how I see it...

PonyGenetics.png

This discussion going on in Can different types of ponies have babies together?.