Reveille [FINAL]

Imagination

"I am Master Sergeant Reveille, your Senior Drill Instructor! From this point on, everything you do will be done with vigor and speed! You will speak when I say, you will MOVE when I say, and the first and last words out of your pie holes will be Sir! Do you parasprites understand that?"

Roleplay type: Mane RP

Name: Reveille

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Coat Color: White

Mane/Tail/Markings color & Style: Both are colored blue, his tail cut short and mane worn in the typical REA fashion

Physique: Athletic

Cutie Mark: Golden bugle with a red thread past the mouthpiece

Origin: Born in Stalliongrad, he currently resides in REA Recruit Training Depot: Canterlot... In Canterlot.

Motivation: To build ponies into confident, efficient, moral and useful soldiers, citizens, and leaders

Likes: Equestria, The Princesses, The REA, his fellow soldiers and guardsmen, his recruits, good humor, theatrical culture. reading, good food, confidence

Dislikes: His recruits, bad attitudes, bad humor, lack of confidence, lack of appreciation for the little things

23jqx54.jpg

Character Summary:

History:

Reveille was born an 'Army Brat' to Broadside and Gold Star, both long-serving REA veterans, residing in Stalliongrad. His foalhood was fairly average. His parents held him to decent standards, wanting him to succeed and be able to do things without being told. He kept his room clean, did his homework, and had adopted a 'yes sir, no ma'am' level of respect for everypony early on.

It only felt natural to him to enlist with the REA when he came of age. While his father was supportive, his mother wanted him to continue his education and go on to College. Regardless, he arrived at the Recruit Depot shortly after enlisting. He looked up to his Drill Instructors just as much as he feared them. No amount of preparation at home truly got him ready for boot camp.

It was a long 10 weeks before graduation came up at last. To celebrate, he and a few of his squad members thought it would be 'cool' and 'tough' to sneak out of the barracks and go for a hike through the Everfree Forest. Not too far into it were the recruits confronted by a lone Timberwolf! While the others panicked and ran, Reveille was frozen in place. Little did he know that the one thing he feared more than a Timberwolf, his Drill Instructor, had followed the group himself. Stepping in front of the frightened recruit, the ornery D.I. gave the wooden creature a verbal beatdown he'll never forget.

"You little Scumbag! The only critter in these here woods allowed to petrify MY recruits is ME!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, having the guts to go nose-to-nose with the wolf "You're not even fit to call yourself a monster! Look at you! Twigs hanging off willy-nilly, moss on your shoulders, you make me wanna vomit! Disappear before I decide to make you a TINDERwolf!"

He finally saw that past all the yelling, the screaming, and the intense workouts, the D.I. really did care for each and every one of them and wanted them to succeed. After reaching the rank of Sergeant, Reveille applied and was accepted to become a Drill Instructor for the REA, where he continues to serve happily today.

Parents:

His father, Broadside, was an REA Corporal, 2nd Brigade, 2nd Company, 1st Platoon, 31st Light Infantry. His mother, Gold Star, 1st Platoon Leader of that same unit, an REA Lieutenant. However, in order to comply with a fraternization policy, when it came time to re-enlist, Broadside declined in order to pursue his relationship with Gold Star. When Gold Star's service was up, she reunited with Broadside and the two settled down in Stalliongrad.

Cutie Mark story:

During his foalhood, he decided to spend one of the summers of his foalhood at a 'junior boot camp', a summer program that he thought would be cool.. and he was right! The Instructors were actual REA D.I.s, however rather than yell and scream at them like typical recruits, they were more instructive, encouraged questions, and had great senses of humor, often poking fun at campers that they liked or stood out.

However, it seemed that Reveille's team was under-performing. This distressed him, as the best-performing team received an award. Being assigned as his group's team leader, the little colt realized it was the attendance! Several campers often slept in, there being only the bugler outside the circle of cabins every morning. With their cabin being the farthest out, they could hardly hear the bugler, and they often showed up late and missed vital instruction. He decided to take it upon himself to fix this! Rather than sleep in the comfortable cabin in his bed, the colt slept outside in a sleeping bag, not too far from his cabin. From then on, whenever the bugler played, he was close enough to be woken up by it and ran to his team's cabin to wake everpony up! With this extra help, they managed to show up on time and ready to go!

At the end of the two and a half week period, Reveille's group did not win the award, however they were grateful to him for trying. He was rewarded, however, by the camp instructors, deciding that his personal initiative and compassion for his team earned him a leadership award. In his joy, it was then that he realized his cutie mark appeared in the shape of a bugle! It reminded him of his want to help others succeed, and to lead them to do their best, from dusk to dawn, reveille to taps!

Flaws:

Reveille is often pretty opinionated, especially in terms of behavior. He won't stand for dishonesty, disrespect and bad attitudes, be it from military or civilian, and this sometimes gets him into verbal exchanges that he'd otherwise rather avoid.

Personality:

There's a big difference between Reveille and Master Sergeant Reveille. Outside of boot camp, Reveille is quite light-hearted and respectful. He enjoys polite conversation and good humor above all else, treating laughter as a gift. He also enjoys interacting with foals, seeming to admire their innocence and knowing that they are the future of Equestria.

Edited by Imagination