[Everfree Forest] The edge of mystery (Open)

VacantThought

Colgate gave a nervous laugh as two of her new friends mentioned wanting to see the temple she'd told them about. They really didn't know what it had been like, considering the inhabitants really had been trying to tug one of her molars out before she and her partner had escaped.

"Well, I might just have to someday," she relented, not offering any more about it. Not to mention if they were scared here in Everfree, she'd seen things that would terrify them.

The dentist quietly agreed with the somber pony that said they should keep moving, and trotted to catch up with both him and the pegasus teasing him.

"So... what kind of adventure are we looking for anyway?" she asked.

"Well, I suppose we're looking for anything that needs adventuring. Nothing in particular, but at the same time everything is an option. What kind of adventure is planned out, after all? No wait, don't answer that, why don't we just start and see?"

As everypony seemed to want to move on, Riddle himself found he was getting quite anxious as well. Without much hesitation, he took a look around the nearby trees, gestured the others to follow him, and started walking deeper into the forest. Trying to catch up with Vacant, who was perhaps a few hops, a skip, and maybe a jump ahead of him, he again got the feeling of being watched a third time, but there was definitely no squirrel this time. Curiouser and curiouser... but he supposed if it was something bad it would have made itself known, so he continued ignoring it. Seriously though, it was beginning to be annoying, like an unsolvable riddle.

((He's brown...)) "I'll admit that I'm a little curious myself," He said expressionlessly to Rain Maker,"Besides, somepony had to stick around to outweigh all of this enthusiasm."

The group continues to walk deeper and deeper into the forest, and the trail began to become more and more uneven as the forest began to become more unknown. It was then that Vacant realized that he was leading the group, and slowed down to let the others pass.

[in the immortal words of Derpy Hooves: Oups, my bad. My monitor colours are off, and I was going off your avatar image (not the actual app thread). Gotta get this sucker replaced...]

"I'm just looking for any kind of adventure, to be entirely honest." Rain Maker said, looking back at Colgate. "I've got a book in the works, and I figure the only way I can really understand the characters and events is to live something similar myself." she explained, then looked over at Vacant when he answered her question. She grinned at the deadpan second portion of it.

"Ha!" she let out with a smile. "I like this guy, let's keep him." she teased, looking back to her other companions and trotting along, a few steps behind Vacant. Then he slowed and she ended up pulling ahead.

"Me? Leader? Bad idea, I don't know this place." she admitted, not stopping in any case.