Dusk Aegis [Final]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP.

Name: Dusk Aegis.

Sex: Male.

Species: Unicorn.

Eye Color: Green.

Coat Color: Slightly Darkened Blue.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black with red streaks. Medium length mane and a long tail.

Physique: An Athletic build with slight muscles.

myPony-2.png

Cutie Mark: Two crossed swords behind a shield.

Origin/Residence: Canterlot.

Motivation: Protecting the ones he cares for even if harm coming to him.

Likes: Cooking, reading, exploring, sketching, making friends.

Dislikes: Arrogant ponies, those quick to judge, meaninglessly harming others.

Character Summary:

Born in the city of Canterlot to two wealthy and well spoken ponies in the early night, Dusk would go through his life relatively normal by anyponies standards who lived within city of Canterlot. However throughout his life he could not help but feel out of place from many of the other nobles that called the city home and, at times, overwhelmed by the sheer size of the city. It was because of this and other things he had gone through he grew up a bit shy and even felt awkward in crowds. However with the guidance and advice of his parents, his father a town guard and mother an assistant dress maker, he was able to keep from being overcome by these faults of he had. However there is a time that everypony must be face with a hardship in their life that can prove to be a turning point and not to long upon being considered a stallion he would be faced with this moment. When the family had to take a trip to a place called Ponyville to deliver an order a dresses, the family had to take a detour through Froggy Bottom and Everfree Forest. While the trip through Froggy Bottom would prove uneventful it was when they would face something they had never expected. Nearly at Ponyville, the family found themselves surprised and attacked by a Hydra.

While the initial attack had greatly injured his mother and father, leaving the two unconscious, Dusk was barely able avoid the attack from the creature. When he recovered he saw the creature looming over the unconscious bodies of his mother and father. Eyes wide and body paralyzed with fear, it was not of own well being but the though of losing those that were closer to him then anyone else. Without a thought about what he was facing, he allowed pushed his fear aside and ran towards the hydra, using his magic to gain his attention. The battle would prove to be long and by far the most difficult challenge but he knew this was something he could not lose. However it was only because of a single moment where he thought he was able to lose that he was able call upon the reserves of magic inside of him that he would finally be able to drive the Hydra back. After racing back to his parents and waking them up, he tried his hardest to heal the wounds they had suffered but due to the battle he lacked the energy to do so, instead only delay them from passing so the parents could share one last conversation with their son, letting him know how proud they were of him and reassure him not to let his grief consume him. It was then soon after laying his parents to rest that he took notice of something that now marked his flank. It didn't take long for him to realize that it was his cutie mark. After a brief moment of thought, he realized that it his mark must have represented his desire to protect the ones that would close to him, despite the risks he may be put in.

Aspirations: After the loss of those that were closest to him, his mother and father, he now seeks protect any friends he may have and try to prevent anyone from having their or their own friend or family members life forcibly taken from them by another.

Personality: He is known to be shy and bashful by nature however he can also quickly warm up to those that try to get to know him, allow them to see that even though he may not be the first to speak, he is warm, kind hearted and always willing to help those in need of aid, whether it is lending an ear to somepony or some more difficult problem.

Faults: His shy and bashful nature can also prove to be a hindrances for this stallion and due to the recent loss of his parents, there are times he can naturally have doubts in his own abilities or be filled with them by someone who were to talk down to him.

• Like 1

Just some words of advice, but this map seems more work in progress than Final. The occupation and residence needs to be more final. Also, read up on the population problems in ponyville. Too many ponies and not enough houses in ponyville.

Also, you can give your pony a sword. You seem like the person that would want one ;D

And lastly, your OC is a lot like mine XD I find your character really interesting. PM me if you're interested in roleplaying with me. :D

I appreciate the advise from you, Dunder ^^ The reason there are two options for both occupation and residence is because the fallowing. I have read that there is population problem for Ponyville, reason why I said "Given there is room". However since he hasn't been put to use in RP yet, I thought it could be something decided through RP and if there is no room, he could head back to his home in Canterlot :) The occupation is also something that I thought could be decided through RP because if he were to live in Ponyville that doesn't really seem like a place that has guards. It is usually a pretty quiet and peaceful place.

Also he could possibly use a sword. However the swords and shield cutie mark is a representation of his willingness to protect others.

I feel this app is a bit incomplete.

You have some history down, but it doesn't really tell me much about the character. I don't see too much on his personality, his aspirations, or his faults. Another thing I'm curious about his how exactly his love for cooking ties into his motivation and his cutie mark.

If you could clarify on that stuff and make the necessary additions for me, I'd appreciate it :)

Well for his current occupation, I had known that many ponies have jobs relating to their cutie mark. However I hadn't really thought that they would HAVE to have a job relating to their cutie mark. Sort of like using some side talents like ponies in the show have. However like I discussed with Dunder in the posts above, I am more then willing to have him be a Canterlot guard.

For the other issues I believe I had addressed his Personality and perhaps even faults. Though I guess I have missed placing down an aspiration for him.

For both his personality and fault, I think it was spoken of in the first paragraph. I had said he can often feel shy and, at times, awkward in large crowds. Depending where he may be at the time, he can also feel out of place and/or overwhelmed.

Update: Went ahead and added a seperate things that have been asked for.