Applejack Cosplay Wig Help?

ZeroHero

I picked up the wig I plan to use for my Applejack cosplay at Emerald City Comicon this weekend and just posting here on suggestions for styling it. I have no experience style hair, real or synthetic, so yeah.

Without cleaning it up first, this is more or less what I'm planning on doing - having the top swept to one side (and if at all possible, sticking outward somewhat) and the end laying over a shoulder (with a ponytail at the end - I just haven't gotten a headband yet). Anyway, like I said, I don't know how exactly to style a wig. First I'm planning to wet it a bit and then hopefully I can comb it straight or something and there's at least one spot that needs to be cut (the strand of hair on my right in the picture - when I sweep the top, those strands come with it). I'm not gonna do anything yet until I know for sure, so does anyone here know how to style a wig?

You might try posting in the Creativity section... but I warn you cosplay is not a big thing on this forum (or if it is, it's not talked about) you might try the forums over at www.cosplay.com LOTS of MLP cosplayers over there.

What Ash said. I imagine you might be able to use some styling putty or something to get the swept look to stick, but you're better off hearing it from the professionals!

I'd LOVE to see your completely finished costume, once it's all done. Do share!

Ah another cosplayer. (I'm going as Rainbow Dash for BroNYcon with my other friends who are cosplaying)

I'd say the main thing is to mold that hair into a ponytail. Putty may work and of course AJ does have a red band at the end which makes an added way to hold the look together.

Ah another cosplayer. (I'm going as Rainbow Dash for BroNYcon with my other friends who are cosplaying)

I'd say the main thing is to mold that hair into a ponytail. Putty may work and of course AJ does have a red band at the end which makes an added way to hold the look together.

I hope you plan on sharing, too!

Sharing?

As in pictures?

Well I vowed to keep my identity a secret for the purposes of not scaring everypony, but I can make an exception. I still have to get the cosplay stuff though, but I know where to go.

Styling putty? You're gonna have to tell me what that is. When I think putty, I think Play-Do. `^^

You can find it at any place that sells hair products. Look over by the hair spray/gel/styling supplies, they usually come in little tubs and will be called styling putty or spiking putty -- or something to that effect.

As colorful and cool it would be, I do not recommend using play-doh!