It all started in a little Café in Stalliongrad ... [OPEN]

Persnickety tried her best to stifle a grin at the thought of the older earth pony belting out an aria in an opera. In one of those gigantic, poofy dresses that she'd no doubt despise. "Ahh, but all the world's a stage, and all its inhabitants merely players! They have their exits and their entrances; and one pony in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages." She grinned with faux haughtiness, "To quote Shakespony. You're playing the very lead in your own humble little cafe, dear Miss Jubilee...or perhaps, you're the audience to many a dramatic scene here at the bar."

When Deep Bass was mentioned, she'd turn a bit to face him, smiling a tad. "Aspiring musician, hm?" The brown pegasus hadn't intended to keep so much company today, but in its own way, meeting other people who fancied the arts was nice. Besides that, music was one of her favorite things. "Persnickety - it is nice to meet you. You're touring here in Stalliongrad as well, then?" It didn't surprise her, thinking about it, that so many musicians would come to the city. It was a veritable melting pot of culture in the first place, and you never knew who would be out in the audience, listening to you pour your heart out in sweet melody and rhythm.

"I generally prefer not to get involved when 'interesting' things happen.", Pocket looked away from the the window, "You'll just encourage whatever or whoever that is doing it to make more. Thankfully there will be someone out there, a hero or two that is motivated enough to do something about it. Right now I'm just here to finish my drink, and I guess it would be unwise to go outside for the time being. Just hope this all clears up before nightfall, as I intended to sample some of this city's well known night-life.", he huffed and continued work on his drink.

"Thank ye'..." Paw Print said as she set the bowl down on the floor.Tricks happily drank the refreshing water. Paw Print smiled at him. They had so many good memories together. After he had finished drinking, Tricks pawed at Paw Print. "Ye' want ta' perform again ol' boy?" She asked her mutt. He wagged his tail and let out a low toned bark. "Do yer' stuff!" Paw Print told him. Tricks picked up the empty bowl with his mouth. He jumped onto an empty chair and placed it down on the table infront of Auntie Ju. He nudged it towards her. He seemed to be wearin a bag around his neck. He shook it off and opened it with his mouth. He dipped his head inside and spat two bits into the empty water dish. He then slipped his bag back around his neck and got off the chair. "Oh nice un'. Yer' bein' a real gentleman Tricks." Paw Print complimented his intellegance.

Bass managed an awkward smile,and rubbed the back of his head, his heart racing as the mare spoke to him. "Truly a pleasure to meet you, Miss Persnickety. I'm not actually touring, so to speak. I'm more of an independent musician. I take jobs where I can, and opportunity just happened to open the door to a local bar, here in the city. I'm actually from Fillydelphia. And what, may I inquire do you do?"

"It's not so terribly bad when good interesting things happen," she shrugged, "but, yes. The last time there was a storm of this, erm... caliber, the blasted thing went on for nearly three days. It would truly be a pity to miss out on the night-life. I hear tell there are some fantastic plays lined up. And, it appears, some shows as well." She winked at Syd and Bass as if to specify what she meant.

Persnickety couldn't help but giggle at Paw and Tricks, "That's quite a talented and polite friend you have there, miss." Her attention turned again to the stallion with the yellow glasses, "Me? I'm a freelance playwright. Business has been slow, but it's not an entirely coveted line of work. I enjoy it nonetheless. What about you, though - what sort of music do you play?"

"Thankfully I have an umbrella in this pack here.", Pocket glanced back at his saddle bags, "I just wonder what's going to happen after those milk puddles start to stagnant, if that's milk we're seeing. We'll also be smelling sour milk everywhere, and it can't be good for the plant life, and even the wild life.", he looked down at the dog, "I'd be super-careful if I were you. Chocolate is pretty deadly for dogs.", he sighed, 'I had planned on seeing at least one good play this stay, along with a few visits to Stalliongrad's famous taverns and wineries."

Anypony who was paying attention would notice Bass's right hind hoof twitching, due to Bass's growing nervousness, as the mare winked at him. Then they would've noticed his pupils dilate behind his glasses, when she asked about his music. The only completely noticeable hint of nervousness was in his voice, as he fumbled to answer the simple question. "Uh, well... I play a bit of jazz, and um... I play some blues. I'm decent on the violin... For using my hooves, I mean... I mostly do acoustic or rock, though... I guess. I kinda used to be in a band, back in Filly. FILLYDELPHIA! I mean Fillydelphia. Quikhor5. Heh heh..."

Bass smiled awkwardly, again, after that perfect example of how NOT to talk to mares.

It was unfortunate that Newsworthy had fallen asleep and completely missed hearing Persnickety say her comment about the shows coming up. It would have been the perfect opportunity to ask her to go with him, but alas, it was not meant to be. Newsworthy jerked his head up, sweating and breathing hard.

Calm down, it was just a dream... it was just a dream...

The memory was all mixed up in his head, but he seemed to recall that he had been standing alone in the darkness, when two large, red eyes appeared high above his head. A voice he had only heard of in horror stories began to speak. He wished he could remember what the draconequus had said, as it seemed important. But no. All that was left with him was a feeling of dread.

The teapot began to sing, and so Auntie Ju finished preparing the soothing drink. She set it before Newsworthy with a smile. "This oughta help ya'll feel better." She beamed with pride. "My own special recipe. I always have a cup when I bang up somethin'. Go ahead, drink up."

"The last time it happened, the weather ponies brought over some rain to wash the milk away. It was a mess, though..." She rubbed the back of her neck with a hoof, "I can't suggest too many wineries and fancy restaurants. I, ah...haven't been to any in quite some time. I'm sure there are some around Torga, that's the merchant district. You also might have some luck in Vysokii. The residents there are, erm...a bit more upper-crust." If only she had a map in that bag of tricks she was toting about.

"You play a whole range of things then, don't you?" she said with a smile to Bass. "Quickhor5...I feel like I've heard the name before." Perhaps if she hadn't all but been living under a rock as of late. Still, she could tell he was tense about something, although far be it from her to pry. She'd done enough prying as it was, earlier, and it just owned her somepony having a tearful breakdown. "All that I really know is piano. I've been playing since I was a filly in Cloudsdale--" Newsworthy's sudden commotion beside her caused her to glance over at him, blinking. He just wasn't having good luck today. "...Hanging in there?" She tilted back to glance behind everypony and out to the storm again. Only instead of letting up, it looked like it was getting worse. Wonderful.

Syd was listening intently to the conversation that Bass and Persnickety were having, and realized that this would be the perfect oppurtunity for Newsworthy to pop the date question. Unfortunately, he found the stallion sleeping on the bar. He would not have all his hard work go to waste, not because he was tired Syd started shaking him to get up, and whispered in his ear "You are missing your chance to ask Persnickety out! DON'T SCREW THIS UP! Wake up!" If he did not wake up soon, Syd was inclined to set them up at the concert somehow, or even tell her that he would tell her about his feelings for her.

the unicorn burst into the cafe that was the origins of where the cause of this storm had come from, he did not see his target though

"Horse apples" he said to himself the unicorn looked all buissness and frankly was he did not become one of Celestia's royal mages by laying about like a sod he diceded to ask the owner of the cafe if anything strange had happened

"Ma'm is there someplace private we can speak?" he asked

Giving Syd a look of gratitude, Newsworthy laughed nervously. "Ah, yes, I'm just fine, just fine. Just an unfortunate dream about a certain spirit of disharmony. Nothing to be concerned about, right?"

He reached into his briefcase where he had stashed the tickets. Finding the two small slips, he turned back around. "Miss Persnickety?"

The pegasus's eyes narrowed, "Nothing concerning, indeed..." Perhaps it was just a coincidental chain of events, but the strange, gray pony from earlier, the negative vibes, the rain, and now Newsy having a dream about Discord...? It was starting to add up.

She'd become so concerned just thinking about it all, that she hadn't noticed him fishing about in his briefcase. When he addressed her, she abruptly interjected with, "I do not wish to be so nosy again, and I apologize if I am, but was there anything in particular that might've stood out in your dream?"

"Quite some time? You poor thing.", Pocket shook his head in sorrow at Persnickety, "As they say, 'Give me wine, mares and golden stuff, till I cry 'hold! Enough!", he paused to finish the rest of his drink, "I may have been raised in Canterlot, but I'm hardly the type who enjoys the 'Upper Crust' type of places. Usually I was dragged there when I was younger. Fancy restaurants with strange, hard to pronounce names and nothing that ended with 'ookie or 'urger. I prefer the lower class types of gathering halls, where the ale and cider flowed freely.", he smiled as a few memories bounced around in his noggin.

With her back turned to the newcomer, Auntie Ju didn't realize the importance of his arrival. "Cain't ya'll give me yer order the reg'lar way?" She was expertly kneading the large pile of dough for her next batch of dinner rolls. "I'm a little busy, as ya'll could see if ..." She glanced up, noticing his mage's cloak emblazoned with the royal sun symbol.

"Beggin' yer pardon, sir," she began wiping her hooves on a rag, "I ain't had a royal come in here in a blue moon. We can talk in the dinin' room if ya'll need privacy." She led him through the door into the next room.

Drat. Smooth move. He quickly hid the tickets once more.

"I wish to Celestia I could remember what he said, but all that stands out to me was ... is ... a feeling of imminent peril." He looked around, as if he would see the wicked spirit smirking at him from a corner of the room. "Something is about to happen. I hoped the chocolate milk rain and pink clouds were just a coincidence, but for me at least, this just got real. We're in grave danger."

he nodded as he was lead back to they private dining area

"First of all sorry for disrupting your buisness Ma'm" he loosened his robe slightly due to the stuffiness of the room a faint grey glowing vial could be seen "Now Ma'm has anyone suspicious come into the cafe perhaps just before the rain started?" seeing her confusion "he might have had a faint glowing red vial with him."

"Well, now that ya'll mention it, there was one rather ... dis ... dis ..." What in blue blazes is that word? "Er... Discomfitin' stranger that came in about an hour ago. 'E was a sight, that one. Looked like one a them goth types, ya know what I mean? With tha leather jacket, an' black hat an' all? He ordered some o' my strongest vodka and sat by himself, just lookin' around at everythin' and orderin' more booze." She thought for a few seconds. "I was in such a tizzy, with orders left and right, dontcha know. But I recollect that he did put somethin' red in his drink."

*soon corn int he cornfields started to pop unexplainable into popcorn. Bunnyrabbits elongating and turning into some strange creature as they scampered across the ground. One could swear strange shark like manta rays swam across the sky before vanishing outa sight. Randomly a kitchen sink starts to float near a tree at a strange cant. If anyone was looking they might see the black trench coat waving in the gusty wind. The grey pony from before making his way back to the area from where ever it was that he went off to.

She stared for a moment as the other pegasus elaborated. She could only feel her heart sink to her stomach. "You think so too, then...?"

This was beginning to become far more serious than she'd anticipated.

"B-But - that interview you scheduled for later this evening...and what about all the others here...?" She spoke in a hushed tone to him, glancing back at the others who she was so politely ignoring. One-track mind, much?

"I believe that pony that walked in just now was from the royal court, at least...perhaps they know about it already and are trying to put a stop to it...?"

[And now I must head to bed, for my eyes do not want to stay open. Leaving on a cliff-hanger! Dun dun dunnn. You lot have a good night and I'll catch up tomorrow!]

the unicorn stiffened, a grey pony that would explain the transformation potion he stole...

"now Ma'm this cannot go outside this room. this is top secret, earlier today a unscrupulous mage made a deal with a dangerous thing now the mage has been dealt with but its the thing he freed we are worried about. now there were 2 things he did one was a use a experimental potion that could free someone from stone luckily there was a side effect to it. any creature with any magic ability would find their ability halved. but that still a lot of power for someone like.... Discord." he took a moment to catch his breath "secondly the mage stole a transformation potion and gave it to Discord, now he could be anything he wanted including a pony" ignoring the shocked look the cafe owner gave him he continued. "now i have the answer to this problem." pulling out a Faint glowing grey vial "this here is a nullification potion it can nullify any potions effects without damaging the pony himself or draconious or whatever. it should stop him (if you pardon the pun) Stone Cold."

Newsworthy nodded. "I've heard all the stories. This is most definitely Discord's work." As the name crossed his lips, a shiver ran down his spine. As if in confirmation of his assertion, a rabbit with extraordinarily long legs went sprinting past the windows. "As far as I know, the only way to stop him is with the Elements of Harmony, and for that we will need to contact some of my friends back in Ponyville."

He bit his lip, thinking hard. I can hardly think straight, I'm so terrified. Really need something to calm my nerves. Maybe this tea will help. He first sniffed at the strange brew. It smelled like garlic, and was that rosemary? He grimaced. Here goes nothing, he thought, downing the entire cup in a few large gulps.