It all started in a little Café in Stalliongrad ... [OPEN]

"Now just hold it right there for one cotton-pickin' minute," said Auntie Ju. "You mean to tell me that that pony who came in here was that varmint Discord?" She slammed her large, work-worn hooves together with a sharp crack. "Why if that little booger ever comes in here again, I'll give him the beatin' of his life." Snatching the potion from the mage's hoof, she ran out of the dining room, galloped to the door, and looked out into the rain. Off in the distance, she could make out a black form headed in her direction.

Bass watched in a slight amusement as Newsworthy gulped down the tea whose smell had been assaulting his nostrils from the moment it hit the counter. Finally, Bass broke his silence.

"So... Why would Discord, the spirit of disharmony, be talking to you, specifically? I've heard stories of ponies making deals with the Disharmonious One, and all, but that seems a bit farfetched, don't you think?"

[[Yeah, I need to go to bed, too. Phone's about to die, anyways. I'll be watching for the epic explanation, tomorrow morning, when I get back on.]]

The pony would be there staring at her. Lighting flashing reflecting his large round glasses as he just stood and looked her in the eyes.~Ooooooh will you now?~a very Q like voice cracks in her mind. He would then start making his way for the tavern once more with slow steps. Plants in pots that he passes starting to change as his head leaned side to side, a crazy look on his face.

he teleported the hysterical cafe owner back to the dining room and grabbed the potion out of her hooves "now this requires a little more tact ma'm please let me do this" he said "the problem is if discord is alerted he could do something drastic and believe me nopony wants Stalliongrad under a sea of chocolate milk" he said matter-o-factly "the good thing is it seems only Stalliongrad is being effected with this Chaos otherwise the Elements would have been called but Celestia trusts that the mages can handle this" he stopped when he noticed the door was still open and everyone in the shop was looking at them

"ah hey" he muttered as he prepared for panic

Newsworthy was clearly offended by Bass' words. "You're surely not insinuating that I would make a deal with that dastardly spirit? How could you even think such a thing."

The tea was beginning to take effect. He felt the caffeine buzz, as he expected, but what was that? His wing felt quite a bit better. He assumed the drink must have had some sort of painkiller in it.

"I don't know why Discord chose to subject me to a nightmare starring himself, but one thing is for certain. He wants to frighten us into submission, and that we must avoid at all costs."

Oh she was mad. Furious. Ju had never trusted magic, and the fact that it was used to thwart her heroism was just too much. "Now you listen to me, you one-eyed yellow-bellied son-of-a-biscuit, you couldn't lay a hoof on this Discord if he was tied to a spit and roasting over a fire. You either let somepony who knows what she's doin' handle this, or I may just have to buck your lights out."

"Ho-Boy.", Pocket groaned, "Look at all the drama!", the unicorn grasped at a napkin before letting his magic take care of it, "My little ponies..You're all acting very foolishly. Discord is a nuisance. He's a god, but he's more of a pest than a real danger. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still stuck in his stone form, while he somehow managed to possess some poor sap and is using him as a puppet. Even with this at hoof, we should relax and let Princess Celestia take care of this. She has her guards, her mages and her champions. None of us here are heroes, so let's not do anything rash, okay? Creatures like this Discord feed off off attention. Just ignore him and he'll go away. Oh!", he glanced down at his plate, "Forgot to eat my muffin!"

"Yer' not goin' ta' help her after she made ye' food an' a drink! Well I am. C'mon Tricks we gotta' job ta' do." Paw Print said after drinking the last bit of cider in her cup. She placed the cup down and arose from her seat. Her scruffy mutt jumped on her back before she galloped out to help Auntie Ju. "I won't take no fer' an answer. I'm helpin' ye' and that's that." She told her.

"Well, I did pay for them.", Pocket replied mid-muffin, "Just be weary, if this pony is possessed, you may accidently harm an innocent, or if this is Discord, you don't have a chance against him. I believe Princess Celestia's champions had some sort of Deux ex Machina device to defeat the mad god, and I'm pretty sure none of you have this on hoof. But if he's just a puppet, there should be a way to cut his strings.", he quickly scarfed up the rest of his muffin before bounding off his stool to face the strange pony with the others.

The pony would keep approaching the cafe. Slow and steady steps as he seemed to be something outa vash the stampede. His head slowly canting back and forth as his hooves touched the ground. A flower pot he passed slowly turned into strange identical vine like thing that started to move about." Hheheee heeheheeheeeeh.... 'hed utter out loud as he would toss a chizzel up into the air behind him, perhaps out of pure symbolic message then the fact it was used. Hed then stop a bit aways from those gathering inside or outside. His reflecting round loses shifting as he looked at each one of them if they were in line of sight." The ponys coming out to sing in the rain are they? "

[Will be busy up till dinner time.]

The brown pegasus looked around at the conflict and arguments that were brewing. She, herself, remained ever silent.

Discord is almost all-powerful. Only "almost" because of the Elements of Harmony, and perhaps it's true that Princess Celestia could thwart him. I wouldn't doubt it, at least. All of this going about in circles isn't going to solve much of anything, though. He is a being of pure chaos. Though he doesn't do anything violent, that doesn't mean that he couldn't. I'd gladly fight against him if I could, but what in Equestria can I do...?

"There must be something we can try. Something to at least keep him at bay until more capable forces arrive..." She tapped her hoof impatiently upon the bar top as she thought, nibbling her bottom lip. Come on, Persnickety. You've written roles about the most fearless and daring knights in all of Canterlot. You-...wait. Wait, you might just be on to something...

"If he wants to play these games, I think that we should play," she said with conviction, hopping off of her stool. "Barista! Might you have something that could double as a sword? A roll of wrapping paper, piece of plywood..." She rummaged through her bag, yanking something out from within its depths - a rather grand looking pirate captain's hat, unfurling it and dusting it off. The pegasus tucked it over her ears and adjusted the bright red plume tucked into the side. "Anything will do really, as long as I can wield it..."

The barista grinned broadly. "Somethin' fer a sword? Do I ever ..."

She waved a hoof at a large glass cabinet covering part of the back wall. Visible inside were a number of decorative blue china plates and cups. "Check the drawers, that's where ah keep my personal collection."

She tossed Persnickety a key. "Always did like the ol' time thangs. Use whatever ya want, but if ya break any of 'em, it's yer neck."

Persnickety caught the key in her mouth, trotting over to the china cabinet. She fiddled with one of the locked drawers, rolling her eyes at Auntie's threat. "If I do, I'll buy you ten others when I'm rich and famous. And I'll pay off that I.O.U." What she found would surprise and amuse her - they were swords, alright, but they were the ornate persuasion, carved from wood and more likely to be hanging on a wall than running someone through. They'd do perfectly.

Regardless of her careless words, she did handle the "weapons" within with the utmost care. Too big. Too decorative. Too heavy. Finally, she held up one that was on the smaller side - just the right size for a lean little thing like herself. She grinned.

"The scurvy dog dunnae kno' what bad fortune he's bringin' upon himself," the pegasus purred in a thick brogue. "He'll rue the day he ever set a hoof intae this wee buildin'." She turned to the others at the bar, "Any o' you landlubbers up tae the task'a keel-haulin' this draconequus picaroon with me?"

Newsworthy watched these events from his barstool perch with growing dismay. He knew that it was his duty to protect everyone from harm... Oh, who was he kidding. All he cared about at this point was making sure Persnickety made it out of this alive.

He stood unsteadily, unsure of whether his wing could take it. While the bulky sling made his movements a bit awkward, he was glad to find that the combination of wing immobility, ice, and that mysterious tea allowed him to walk with only minimal discomfort.

He made his way over to where Persnickety stood, and spoke to her in a low, earnest voice. "This is far too dangerous," he said. "Please, let me take your place. I couldn't bear to see you hurt by that monster Discord." He picked up a large, diamond-encrusted wooden sword with his mouth.

Bass was completely puzzled by the mare. "Just what exactly are you getting at? How exactly are we going to make a difference against Discord? All we've got is three musicians, a playwright, a barista, and whatever he does," Bass said, nodding toward Newsworthy. "Unless you know something we don't we're kind of screwed."

"Ahaharr~! What be this? The only one steppin' up to the challenge is First Mate Peg-Wing?" Her grin softened when he spoke though, turning into more of a frown than anything. "I know what I am doing, and I am perfectly capable of doing it. You, however, are in the process of healing up." She gave a small flap of her wings before they curled in against her sides again. "Besides...what can he do to me? I've nothing to lose, aside from the acquaintances I've made today. I'm certainly not going to let him take those away from me, if I can help it."

She piped up the volume in her voice again to address Deep Bass. "And what of you? Will you just sit here and let the Lord of Chaos do what he will with you? I might be a playwright - a terrible one. I might be the biggest bucking failure of the acting world. But, if I have learned one thing from what I love to do - cliche though it might be - it is that you must be brave and try your best. You get nowhere by sitting about, giving up before you've even started."

Persnickety looked down at the floor, "I am not doing this to try and play the hero. Even though I am playing a hero. I don't even know what I'm doing. But at least I'm trying something. I cannot sit idly by and watch him wreak his havoc as he pleases." With that, the stubborn mule of a pegasus plucked up her chosen wooden sword again, heading towards the exit of the cafe.

"We can all make a difference. Have faith in yer' self will ya'!" Paw Print said. "If she's playin' pirate... We gotta' do what we were born ta' do! Dog training the way only we know how." Tricks leaped off Paw Print's back. The earth pony and mutt stared at each other and a smile crept up on her face. "Ya' thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" She asked the terrier mix who nodded. "Well it's time!" Paw Print merely had to to direct the dog through looking at things. Tricks stood on his hind legs and walked that way. "Bang!" Paw Print said with a chuckle. The mutt span in circles and fell on his back as if he was dead. Paw Print pulled a single plastic rose from her saddle bag and placed it on her dog's stomach. She winked at the mutt. Tricks got up and carried the rose in his mouth. "And that was jus' our warm up routine." Paw Print said.

It was clear to Newsworthy that he was not going to sway Persnickety from her goal, so he decided to just play along, and try to keep her safe. If he was honest with himself, he really was not very good at acting, but tried his best to do a pirate accent.

"Arrrrrrgh .... ye scalliwags! Avast the poop deck and swashbuckle the starboard plow!" That didn't exactly come out right, he thought. Waving the sword clumsily from side to side, he nearly hit a nearby patron. "Oh dear, I'm terribly sorry," he said. Sheepishly, he placed the weapon back in the drawer. The LAST thing he wanted to do was cause harm before Discord even arrived.

"You are a brave lass, much braver than I will ever be," he said quietly to the brown mare, trailing behind her. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." He hoped against hope that he would be able to keep his vow.

[ Do note for pete sake i work during the day. ]

Well. While they all were arguing. Arguing about how little or big a chance they may or may not have and what not. The next they would turn to face him he wouldent be there. Instead they might notice that there was someone behind them leaning against the wall. Dressed of all things like a ninja? Well you only got the pirate cos playing pony to blame for that perfect opportunity for the diety to get cheesy." Blaaaaahhh blaaaaah, blah... "the pale pony said in his new attire. They might notice his eyes whites were now yellow, the pupils were always red from teh start though." What a lovely band of musically inclined ponys we have today.... you know... this gives me an idea. "he says looking to them, his gaze sending chills up there spine." A lovely sounding idea.... " Meanwhile outside the land still was in the process of chainsawing on small details here and there.

Bass sighed, knowing that if he wanted to play his show, tonight, he'd have to put up a slight effort. "Fine. Sign me up." He then kicked his hoof, hitting his guitar case, and sending it flying up to the counter. He quickly unbuckled the case, and opened it, revealing a V-shaped electric guitar. "Just tell me what I have to do."

[[please note that I am laughing like a madman at the usage of these nautical terms. xD]]

[No worries, Discky. c: ]

The pony glanced over her shoulder, smiling as she saw some of the others rally for the cause as well. "Yer a fine lot. Ain't no finer crew in the seven seas." It warmed her little heart...and perhaps added a bit of that warmth to her cheeks over what the blue pegasus had said. Nevertheless, it was no time to be mushy! She turned to face the- wait. He wasn't there. Why wasn't he there? He'd been there a moment ago.

...But now he was over there. Being condescending. In a...ninja outfit. Oh, no.

"Yer ideas are just as runny as gran'ma's pea soup, ye crazy shadow of a bilge rat!" She reared up onto her hind legs, using a front hoof to point the wooden sword at him menacingly. She ruffled her feathery wings out in a subconsciously flashy attempt to make herself look twice as big. "Me an' my mates won't stand fer your nonsense!"

What am I even doing...hopefully we can just...hold him off until reinforcements get here...