Into the Everfree (Winter, rokthepony, Dunder)

Winter

Storm Feather, a dark colored hippogriff, had just finished having a great time on her date, but it was time to go back to work. Upon returning to her shop, she found that she was running low on wood for the fireplace. Well, no matter.... I will just go into the Everfree Forest... maybe... She thought of how scary the stories she had heard of it were, especially for going out at night. Well... maybe tomorrow....

The next day she went off from "The Iron WIng" in Cloudsdale into the forest. She didn't need to travel far before finding some nice kindling. Well, this is great and all, but now I need some bigger pieces of wood... Not wanting to damage the forest in any way, she began to search for a tree that was already sick to use for wood. She eventually found a huge tree she could use. She give it a hard push, but it wouldn't budge. Well that is great... She decided to call out, "HELP! Can anypony help me out here! Somepony, help!"

------

Winter was going fast, really fast. Come on, just a little faster! He was pushing to beat his record wing power, an impressive eleven. Impressive in his own mind, at least. His lips began to pull back as he shot faster and faster through the sky. He looked down at the wing power meter ahead of him.He was going to finally beat it! He could feel it in his bones! He had just gotten a 10.6, after all. He had to make it this time! He finally passed the meter with all his might, and skidded to a halt before trotting back to see his speed. "10.7..." He read aloud, disappointed. "Ah well, I guess I should just go do agility training then... I will work on speed later." He flew off into the forest, a great place to practice dodging obstacles, the trees. After a little bit of time training, he heard a call for help! He immediately took off in the direction of the call.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rok felt at home in forests. He had always lived either in or near a forest, so being in the forest was natural for him. When he traveled he often traveled through forests. Today he was walking through Everfree Forest enjoying the serenity of nature. When suddenly he heard a cry, "HELP! Can anypony help me out here! Somepony, help!"Rok immediately headed towards the call and saw a dark colored hippogriff in the distance. However, just as he was about to call out to this hippogriff, a pony jetted past him going at furious speeds. This caused him to spin and created much confusion. "Hey! Is anyone.... out... there!" he stammered as he came to his senses.

Dunder Blust was flying over the Everfree forest on his way back to Cloudsdale. Suddenly, a shrill cry broke through the peace of the forest. The voice was somehow familiar, he just couldn't pinpoint which female he heard it from. First things first, he flew down into the forest in a nose dive. He saw what appeared to be a very dark brown mare with a jet black mane and tail. "I hope you don't mind me..." He cried out before pulling up and flapping his wing once to slow himself down. He still hit the ground pretty hard, but he was fine. "dropping in." He finished the sentence. He was behind Rok, "Hey, do I know you, your voice sounds familiar."

Storm watched as Dunder landed near a brown stallion that had been coming towards her. Great, he could probably pull out this tree on his own! She laughed aloud at the thought before seeing a tan pegasus land next to Dunder and the brown earth pony. Maybe I have a bit too much help... She approached them, looked to Dunder, and said, "Hey, its you again!" As she gave him a quick hug. She pulled back and looked to the others, "So you came here for my call for help, right?"

----

"Hey! Is anyone.... out... there!"

Winter had just enough time to notice a flash of brown and black as he darted towards the cry for help. Hearing this, though, made him turn around to the mare that seemed to be asking the question. "Hey, are you the girl that cried for help?" Winter asked her, staring at her crazy, spiky black mane. He then turned a little bit and saw Dunder Blust there as well. "Hey, its been a while! Nice to see you... now, to the matter at hand," he turned back to the brown earth pony. "Why did you call for help?" He turned yet again to see yet another being in the clearing, the dark hippogriff. "Or did you call for help... Oh gosh, I am so confused."

"Hey, its you again!"

He watched in slight disgust as the hippogriff hugged the huge pegasus next to him before turning back to them.

"So you came here for my call for help, right?"

"Uh, yeah, sure... but I thought it was her..." He stated, pointing his right hoof at the brown earth pony.

Rok was very confused. He looked towards the strange pony referring to him as a mare. "I think you might be confused," he said, "but I am not a mare, I'm a stallion." After all of this time traveling through cities, I still will never understand city ponies. Rok thought to himself as he turned to address the one who had called for help, "excuse me, but were you the one asking for assistance? Miss.... ? I'm sorry, may I ask your name?"

Dunder jumped back in fright and took a hold of his rapier in his hoof when he saw the mare was actually a stallion. He was stopped mid-draw when he was tackle-hugged by Storm. He thought he heard another familiar Stallion Voice. He knew the stallion voice had something to do with the Everfree, but he wasn't sure what. He hugged Storm back while he looked at the Dark Brown stallion and the almost yellow pegasus. His thought process was broken when he was asked by Storm if he was there to help her, "Yes. I heard your cry for help and I am here to help." He said and looked over at the other two ponies, "First things first, my name is Dunder Blust." He said, "It is a pleasure to meet both of you." He said. He eyed the brown earth pony, he had a strange air about him.

Storm barely kept from laughing when she realized the stallions around her had thought the dark brown pony was a mare. Aw man, poor guy... She thought before turning and smiling at Dunder. She then turned to the dark brown stallion and the tan pegasus. "I am Storm Feather... you can call me Storm. Who are you two? Here to help me?"

----

Winter jumped as the earth pony turned and revealed he was a stallion. Gosh, I am REALLY confused now... "Uh, sorry, sir... I, uh... er, didn't mean any.. offense," he giggled nervously as he apologized to the earth pony. He couldn't help but feel this pony was different than the average pony... somehow... Alright, this guy kind of creeps me out... At least he isn't as weird as this... griffon-pony? He glared apprehensively at the hippogriff for a moment before extending his right hoof in greetings to the ponies present. "I am Winter Bolt, pleased to meet you all." He turned to Dunder, "Dunder... I believe we have met before... The Everfree Border Station, I believe?"

Rok was happy to meet Storm Feather,"Hello Storm Feather, I am Rok Anarch, it's nice to meet you. Did you need any help?" Rok said. However, before he could get an answer, -- "Uh, sorry, sir... I, uh... er, didn't mean any.. offense," -- Rok was again confused. Do city ponies not like mares? Maybe that's why he won't talk to the mare. ​"You mistaked me for a mare, what is bad about being a mare? Why should I feel offence?" Rok was, yet again, horribly confused. Something that was very common in his travels. Suddenly, Rok saw something beautiful. He ran towards Dunder,"What is that?! It's beautiful! It looks nothing like the knives we have back home. How do you get the stone that color? Where is it from? Who made it?" Rok was exstatic about the strange object that Dunder was carrying around with him, so exstatic he forgot his "city pony greeting" that he had learned soon after traveling away from the Badlands.

Dunder caught a glimpse of Winter giving Storm the stink-eye. His gaze hardened on Winter as he expected Winter to mess up. "Yes." He said, his voice eerily drawn out and cold, "I have met you before, and yes. In the forest in that cottage is where we met." He said. His gaze softened, "It is a pleasure to meet you again." He said. He turned to Rok. "No, something about mistaking you for a mare. Nothing wrong with being a mare, just the mistake--" He was cut off when Rok was suddenly all up in his face. He grinned and started laughing. " first things first, what is your name?" He said he drew the sword and in the same motion stood on his hind legs. "And this is a rapier, you must not be from around here if you do not know what a sword is. It's made of a metal, not a stone. It's much less fragile that way." He said. He sheathed it and went back on all fours.

Storm was about to explain why she had called for help when the gaze from Winter froze her words in her mouth. Well that is... cold... She sat on the verge of tears for a moment as she watched as Dunder pulled out his rapier to show off to the earth pony. Ugh, boys and their toys... she thought to herself, watching them and feeling just a little neglected. She tried to speak a little louder than normal to get their attention, "So, I, uh... I called out for someone to help me take this tree down... you see, I needed some fire wood."

----

Winter was a bit confused when Dunder's voice grew cold when speaking to him. What did I do wrong... he thought, a puzzled expression crossing his face. Ah well, he seems happy now... What on earth is he doing?! He thought as Rok jumped up into Dunder's face and exclaimed over some item Dunder had. "Ho ho, nice sword you got there!" He exclaimed as Dunder unsheathed it. He then thought about the cold voice and looked back to the sword in momentary fear, "What do you... er... use it for... then?"

Rok looked back towards Storm, his ruby red cheeks showing his embarrassment, "I am so sorry, I forgot that here I must keep my composure," he said, "I can get firewood from that tree very easily." Rok turned and apologized to Dunder for his outburst.These city ponies must think that I am a strange outsider after that horrendous display. Rok looked towards Winter again, wondering what the pegasus had against Mares. I'll ask him about that later, for now I must help Storm, and then ask her what she is exactly.... I have never seen a pony with feathers before. After he had retrieved the firewood for Storm he approached Dunder again, "Hello, I am Rok Anarch. It is nice to meet you." He extended out a hoof and Dunder shook it. "Now, may I ask, what is metal? I have heard people speak of it before, but what is it?"

"I'd be more than happy to help you gather some firewood." Dunder said and smiled at Storm Feather. "Lead the way." He said. He was going to follow Storm when Winter asked about the sword. He noticed the fear in Winter's voice. He didn't waste the chance to show winter that he'd best watch himself. He faced Winter. He stood on his hind legs and drew the sword. In a lightning fast motion he pointed the point right at Winter's nose, "I use this to teach evil ponies that justice will prevail." Dunder said. He sheathed the sword and walked away.

He looked at Rok, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Mr. Rok Anarch." He said and smiled, "You're obviously not from around here. Maybe while we get shown the way you can explain to me." Dunder said, "Also, metal is just something mined from the ground like stone or gems. Although it is melted into various shapes and sizes. and even blended with other metals to make them stronger."

Storm looked back to see Dunder pull away his sword from Winter's nose and sheath it away. Well that's odd... "C'mon, the tree is right here." She pointed with a claw to a medium sized tree, maybe 4 ponies tall. "This one seems like it would work nice. I really should have thought this through a bit better..." She turned back to her three companions. "So, anyone have any plans?"

----

Winter was shocked Dunder would do such a thing! Pointing that sword at HIM? I'll get him back sooner or later ​he thought smugly. For now, he walked up with the rest of them and watched the... hippogriff point out a tree. "What, that little thing is it? Should be easy!" He said confidently. "Just give it a good shove!" He darted up into the air and shot as fast as he could into the tree. He wound up swinging around and around the trunk down to the ground, his eyes spinning when he finally landed on the ground. "Not... blegh... such a good... idea..." He managed to say through his confusion.

Rok was fascinated by the concept of metal, but he had something more adamant on his mind. He turned to Storm, brimming with curiosity, "excuse me, but -- what are you? Why do you have feathers and a beak?" he said, eagerly awaiting an answer.

Dunder sat down near the tree to watch Winter try to take down the tree. He couldn't help but laugh when the pony 's tactic didn't work. "You can't do it like that. We all have to push it at once to get it down." Dunder said. He looked over at Rok when he asked the question directed at Storm. He looked over at Storm and waited for an answer.

Storm laughed as Winter tried to take down the tree alone. What a goof... She thought, before hearing Rok's question. She shrunk back from him and curled up by instincts that had been developed over a childhood of torment. "I... uh... am... er... was..." She looked down fearfully, unable to speak right. After a few seconds, she looked back up and managed to mumble quietly, "I am a... a... hippogriff..."

----

Winter shook his head as he regained his senses. Well that was a bad idea... He was surprised as he watched the exchange between the brown mare... er, stallion... and the hippogriff. Well, I knew he would ask sooner or later. I guess he isn't from around here... He looked back to the tree that hadn't budged at all. I guess I should focus on this thing... But there is no use pushing that 'till I get some help... He thought of asking Rok or Storm, but decided to let them finish up first. Instead he looked over to Dunder, "Hey, buddy, can you help me out here? This tree is in pretty good, I can't get it out alone."

"A hipp--o--grif?" Rok said uncertainly, "where do hippo--griffs-- come from? What exactly is a... hippogriff?" he said, becoming more comfortable with the word as he said it. Rok was truly curious about such a thing, and noticed Winter and Dunder watching them. Did I do something socially unacceptable? he thought despairingly, these cultures were strange to him.

Dunder watched Storm Feather's reaction to the question. His eyes softened as he felt her pain. He never had been teased for being different, well....in the regards of being a pony... but he could feel Storm Feather's pain of being bullied. Dunder walked up beside her and put a hoof around her shoulder and pulled her close. He held her there for a moment before retracting his foreleg. He turned to look at Winter. "Yes, I'll help you. First we need to get some tools." Dunder said. He looked down at Storm,"Where's the ax I'm guessing you brought?" He asked her. He caught a glance of Rok and looked up at him. He looked uncomfortable and confused. "Don't worry, you did nothing wrong." He assured Rok.

Storm felt the weight of something on her shoulder, and turned to see it was Dunder. She felt the empathy he was letting flow from him, and felt a little better. She turned to Rok, trying to be brave, and finally managed to say, "A hippogriff is... its... from... a... er... pegasus and.... well.... I am half pegasus, and half griffon." She sat there a moment, looking down at the ground, trying to find some answer in the dirt.

"Where's the ax I'm guessing you brought?"

"I didn't bring one... I'm sorry, I am... just... just a stupid hippogriff..." she stated, staring at the ground again, tears welling in her eyes. She longed to see Inkblot again. He had been so nice and supportive. So understanding.

----

Winter watched as Dunder approached the hippogriff and seemingly tried to comfort the hippogriff. Well, good for you... he thought to himself.

"Yes, I'll help you. First we need to get some tools."

"Ah, yes, tools. I completely forget... Good idea." Winter stared in astonishment moments later as the hippogriff admitted to not bringing tools. Of all the things not to bring when getting wood... He facehoofed silently.

Rok felt sorry for Storm Feather, although he didn't understand why being a griffon would be a bad thing. He heard Storm mention not bringing an ax as he glanced at Winter, seeing Winter put his hoof to his face exasperatedly. Rok turned towards Winter angrily, "Why is it that you have been singling her out since you arrived?" He said angrily, taking a step forward. Back home I would have challenged him to a fight... he thought nostalgically. He got closer and closer to Winter until he was almost nose to nose, and he snorted in Winter's face. City ponies are always the ones thinking that they are better than everyone else he thought angrily.

Dunder looked down at her softly. His face was full of sorrow as he wiped a tear away with one of his hooves. He looked up and turned around when he heard a small shift behind him. He turned to face Winter. Right as he was about to say something, Rok was already advancing on Winter. He had a mixed feeling of surprise and happiness that a pony like Rok would stand up against a stranger. He stood there and watched Rok get face-to-face with Winter and snort angrily in his face. Dunder's expression didn't change during the whole ordeal. He slowly walked closer to Rok. He wasn't sure what Rok would do, but Dunder put a hoof on Rok's chest, "Calm down and keep your anger in control before your anger controls you." He said to Rok.

Rok... why would he care? Hmmmmf... Storm walked back a little bit and tried to hide in the darkness while watching the argument unfold. I caused this... Why do I have to be so sensitive... maybe it would be better if I just left...

----

Winter does not react kindly to having somepony up in his face. This pony, however, especially enraged him, for the simple fact that his breath stank. He pulled back his head trying to avoid the smell, before realizing that would be weakness. He dashed his head forward, ramming it with Rok's and snorted back at him. "Do you have a problem, Rok? I haven't been singling anyone out, you can hush your mouth right now. If I had forgotten tools, I am sure you would have felt the same about me." As Dunder put his hoof on Rok's chest, Winter felt a bit safer and calmed down, deciding then would be a good time to explain his side to everypony. "Right, then, now that that is over... I didn't mean to insult her, I'm just frustrated that I have to do this alone because everyone is impressed at how special she is AND NOW I have to do it without tools, too! Now can we please stop the bickering and bring down this tree? Since the genius over there forgot tools, we will have to work together to get this done."

"Do you consider forgetting things intelligent.... you called her a genius?" Rok said in a confused tone, then added with a hint of malice, "Perhaps that is why you forgot your manners." Rok turned to face Dunder "Single combat was a good way to get anger out back in my tribe. That is one thing that I miss a lot sometimes," he said thoughtfully, "Are you sure we need tools? I can kick this tree from the bottom and you three can try pushing it over from the top, the combined weight might topple it over."

Dunder was pretty calm until he heard winter insult Storm. His face turned from a neutral and level-headed expression onto an angry one. He pushed Rok aside and pressed his head against Winter's. "You be nice to Storm Feather, now. You don't want to test my patience." He with venom in his words. He snorted in Winter's face as well. Dunder held it there for a few more moments to get the point across.

He backed off and looked at Rok, "Sure. We can do it that way, as long as it works. If it doesn't then you'll help us give it one push and topple it." He said to Rok. "And single combat is not publicly accepted here anymore. Ponies in the cities get shaken to the core at the thought of fighting and I wouldn't push it if I were you." He looked over at Storm, "Are you ready, Storm?" He asked.

Storm watched as the stallions tore apart Winter with mixed feelings. He wasn't that bad... was he? Still, nopony deserves that... It is my fault... No, it is his fault... Maybe he deserves it... no, maybe I deserve it... I should be the one being yelled at... no... that isn't right either... She let out a sigh of frustration. She watched as they walked away from him, and asked if she was ready to pull the log. "Sure, Dunder... but first..." She was interrupted by Winter bolting forward up to the two other stallions. Oh please, not more fighting...

----

Winter was completely indignant. Here were two full grown stallions ganging up on him. Dear Celestia, why are they all upset over some random mare... wait... unless... He reared up his head and charged right at the other two stallions. "Alright, I tried being nice and saying to forget the whole thing, but apparently, you are all stuck up and can't take a joke!" He glared angrily at Rok, "You, my friend, need to cool down. I have nothing against Storm, so obviously it is you that needs to work on YOUR intelligence." He turned to Dunder, "And you... same thing... What is your problem? If someone makes a mistake and admits to it, you should suck up your anger and learn it from yourself to be nice to others. I bet you only want me to be nice to her because she is your very special somepony or something." He took a step back so he could look at both of them and make sure they understood what he was saying. "Now I didn't mean to hurt anypony, but if you want to get bitter over this misunderstanding and start hating me, that only says something about you. Now, I am sorry if anything I did or said hurt anypony, that wasn't my intention. However, it is no excuse for you to get angry with me and try butting heads like some juvenile little Colts fighting over a toy!" He glared at both of them angrily for a moment, before softening his gaze. "Now please, understand." He walked away from them towards the hippogriff sulking in the corner. Gosh, I caused this? He reached out a hoof, "I'm sorry, ma'am, for any offense I caused you. Seems these two are more worked up about it then you, though..." He winked at her, then turned so he could see the other two stallions as well. "Now, can y'all find it in your hearts to put things in perspective and forgive me?"