A Quest from the Princesses! (Open) Mane RP Rules

The black pegasus finally arrived at the edge of the fertile lands. This was sure to be a magnificent experience, and would prove quite to br quite informational for his future books and poems. Erecting a colony. The very thought of starting a new form of civilzation brought a smile to Inkblot's face. The town could evolve into a utopia one day! Or a...dystopia. But he shook that thought away, hopeful for the future. He looked around the lands for a bit then, hoping to find somepony else. To his surprise, no one appeared to be within a plausible distance. He landed, and began to search for some materials. A head start was never a bad thing, and maybe he would run into another pony admist his own work.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What is it Daisy?"

"Oh Mama, the Princesses have sent out a royal decree! They're looking for ponies to help colonize a new pony settlement North West of here, up near the Nimbusgait Lakes! They're offering 10 free acres of land to anyone who is willing to homestead the area! I could start a new farm, and it would be exactly what I've dreamed!"

"Now slow down young pony,"

Her father Iron Plow said in a firm voice.

"How are you going to run a farm all by yourself?"

"I'm not, I'm sure that Moonlight would be happy to come with me, and possibly Riddle, and Storm. We can run the farm by ourselves. Please let me go! The decree said the lands were fertile, and crops readily sprouted there. I just need to attend a meeting in Canterlot before we set out for the settlement."

Daisy Smile's parents tried to talk her out of leaving at first, but soon they began to like the idea as well. They offered to give her all the seeds she would need, and a wagon to pack up all of the necessities she would need to take.

Daisy couldn't sleep that night from all of the excitement, and she began to pack up her room.

Riddle awoke that day with quite the inclination to have a muffin. Why, he din't know. How was he going to get that muffin? He also didn't know. He just wanted a muffin. As he walked through the streets looking for something like a cafe, something caught his eye. Walking over to a small poster, he noticed the heading 'Royal Decree', and of course he couldn't help but read it.

"Ha ha, this sounds fun!"

Giving a little jump for joy, he began looking around, trying to get his bearings. Of course, then he paused, thinking 'Do I really need ten acres? Meh, I suppose if I ever do, it couldn't hurt to have one. Maybe I could build a maze...'. At this point, Riddle trailed off thinking of various things he could do with that much space. Snapping back to attention, he wondered who else would be coming to this colony. Well, there was only one way to find out! With a hop in his trot, he started walking to the edge of town with his first steps of a journey.

Moonlight Shimmer was tending to her garden when Daisy Smiles arrived. She had announced the big news, and now the two ponies were having an excited conversation over a nice cup of peppermint tea.

"That sounds like a good opportunity Daisy. That is a lot of land, and you can have my land as well. I'll only need a small section for a garden."

"I was actually hoping that you would start an herb farm with your land Shimmer. We're going to need lots of medicine in town, and it will take to long to send away to Trottingham or Cloudsdale for it."

"I... well..."

"Please??"

"Of course."

"Awesome! Now we just need to see if Riddle and Storm want to come. We're going to need help with the journey, and having some stallions along would be great."

"I can ask Riddle later today if you want to track down Autumn Storm."

"Sounds good to me. I'm almost already packed, I could help you pack as well. We need to set out for Canterlot as soon as possible. That meeting is only 2 days away."

"That would be lovely. Should we get started?"

The white unicorn lifted the now empty tea cups and put them in the sink with her magic, and stood up from the table. Daisy got up as well and looked to Moonlight for guidance.

"Well... I think we should probably start with the kitchenware, and books."

"I agree. Let's get to it!"

Riddle had come in and out of town about three times now. Not because he had needed to pack anything else, but because he had gone the wrong direction three different times. Given that there was only four directions he could go, this time he was sure to get it right! Trotting of a fourth time, he quickly backtracked, realizing that he went that way the first time. So he had gotten lost four times, and there were only four possible directions he could have gone. Giving a sigh, he noticed Shimmer walking down the street.

"Oh. Hello there! How are you? More importantly, you wouldn't happen to know how to get northwest of Ponyville would you?

"Oh, Riddle! I was actually coming to find you. Daisy just told me about something exciting. The Princesses want to form a new colony, and... Where are you going?"

She looked Riddle up and down, and clearly saw he was dressed for travel.

Meanwhile Daisy was back at the farm and she had finally found Autumn. When he heard the news, he was very excited, and ready to pack immediately.

"This is going to be awesome Daisy! And if Shimmer, and Riddle join us; we'll have an awesome little caravan!"

"And an awesome group of friends working the land! I'm all packed, and so is Shimmer. Do you want help?"

"That would be great!"

The two ponies hurriedly trotted into the farmhouse and went up to Autumn's room to pack.

Well this was an extremely happy coincidence, Riddle thought. Somehow, Shimmer or Daisy must have seen the same notice, or perhaps a different one. He wondered who else would have managed to notice. Hopefully not to many as to reduce his 10 acres. Anyways, he replied back to Shimmer

"Where am I going indeed. I tried going left, only to come back around right. For some reason I can't seem to get on the right path. As for where that path leaves off, well, let put it this way. It seems we have the same idea in mind. If we were to group up, it could add up to ten and ten and ten for all of us!"

As he finished, Daisy came along, and brought along Autumn as well. After a quick conversation, Riddle followed them as they went to Autumns abode to finish up last minute packing. Stopping outside, he called out

"You go ahead and finish packing, I think I'll wait out here for a moment!"

He paused for a minute, reasoning that he might as well make sure he had everything himself.

The four ponies went up to Autumn's room in the farmhouse and started packing things into boxes. Eventually they started carrying them out to the large wagon that was already partially loaded. After about half an hour, they were all loaded up.

"Well, we better go get your stuff right Moonlight?"

"I suppose so. I'm kind of nervous about all of this."

"Me too... Especially going back to Canterlot..." Autumn said nervously.

"Wait, wait, wait. Canterlot? The flyer never said anything about Canterlot.

Riddle realized pretty much right there he hadn't been to Canterlot, well, since he left. He had left so he could explore the world, and to explore this colony, he had to go back, however briefly. Irony was not wasted on Riddle, and this struck him as an extremely odd moment. Not that he was nervous, though. Just that he hoped they wouldn't be staying long.

Of course, now was not the time for that kind of thinking. He was going on an adventure! He, neigh, they were going to be land owners! With this, he started taking a confident stride in his step. He still didn't know what he needed land for, but one road at a time.

"Wait, scratch that. Canterlot's fine, I suppose. Do any of you three have any plans for your land? No, don't tell me. Daisy would need farmland, and... that's all I've got."

"Pleasure to meet you Autumn. I suppose you know my name, so there's not much point in saying it now. Now, I believe we have one last mare to pack for -" Riddle gestured toward Shimmer, "-so lets get this show on the road!"

Again setting off at a nice trot, he headed for where he remembered Shimmer's cabin to be. That said, he had little to know sense of direction that day, and so he wandered off in literally the opposite direction from where he should have been going. Smiling, briefly, he realized he didn't have much to think about. Then he remembered he was going to Canterlot, so he tried focusing on what he remembered it to be.

"Riddle! Wait for us!" Moonlight called after him.

Autumn hitched up and began pulling the wagon with a little help from Daisy. It wasn't as heavy as expected, but they still had almost the entire contents of Shimmer's cabin to pack. They would need all the horse-power they could muster to make it to the new colony this way,

Well, Riddle wasn't expecting a wagon, to be honest. Of course, it made sense, given the group size and amount of luggage, but still. Riddle had never really traveled anywhere that he couldn't get to on hoof, so it made an interesting change of pace. Slowing down a bit, he turned around and rejoined with the group.

"So do I just put my gear in the cart, or how does this work?"

It wasn't that he had no idea how to work the cart, it was just that... okay. He had no idea how to work the cart.

"Yup just throw everything in the wagon. There is another hitch, if you'd feel like helping pull the load once we get all of Shimmer's stuff." Autumn said warmly.

"We'll all take turns. It's going to be a long journey. I think it might be best to have one mare and one stallion at a time to balance everything out." Daisy said in a thoughtful tone.

"Does everyone think that's a good plan?"

"I suppose that sounds about fair..."Riddle mumbled a bit, but he spoke clearly. He was still untrusting of the cart, but he did put his stuff in the back. He was certainly going to be fit by the end of this journey, that was for sure. Figuring he might as well go first, he walked round to the front of the cart and hooked himself up, then waited for everyone else to finish. In the meantime, he tried striking up a conversation.

"Does anypony know what this colony is going to be like?"

Moonlight spoke first.

"It's supposed to be near a large lake, a river, and the everfree forest. The land is said to be very fertile, and the weather fair. I just hope there isn't snow on the ground the whole way."

The young mare didn't particularly like winter and was looking forward to it being wrapped up.

Riddle was a touch intrigued by the Everfree forest mention, if he could get a plot of land by there, it would be a lot easier to figure out what to do with it. As he stood there thinking, he unconsciously began pacing, forgetting he was hooked up to the carriage. Without any effort put in his trot, he startled himself and practically fell down right there. "Curse this infernal machine! how does anyone get around in this?" he thought. Sighing, he realized that it was going to be a decent trip, which meant a decent trip attached to this... thing.

"Well now, why don't we get a move on? Canterlot isn't getting any closer, and that would be just absurd if it was."

"Hello," came a voice as a well groomed gray stallion with a white mane and tail walked forward, one large wagon next to him with two stallion hired help to pull it.

Smiling at the group he asked, "are you all here because of the promise of land as well?"

Mythos had decided for a while he could use a place to get away from Canterlot from time to time, and to work on a few pet 'projects' of his so hearing of a place where he could have 10 acres to do with as he pleases excited him.

(Was offered to join this RP, hello everyone :) )

Riddle perked up as another pony popped with his cleverly marketed torture device. Well, this was a fun revelation. He already knew Autumn and Daisy and Shimmer, but this fourth pony could make the trip go by quicker. After all, time flew when Riddle let his curiosity get out of hoof.

"If by the promise of land you mean the new colony, then yes, I suppose the promise of land is quite the alluring one. I don't suppose I'd be overstepping my bounds if I asked for your name, would I? I'm Mirage Riddle, but you can call me Mirage. Or Riddle. Or just about anything in between really!"

Yes, off to a good start. A name can be informative, but how its delivered can really make an impression of personality.

With a friendly yet somewhat exaggerated bow the stallion said with a laugh, "Not at all, I am Mythos Gray, a... traveller of sorts though my home is in Canterlot. I am something of a scholar, something of an entertainer, and a storyteller all rolled into one. It is a pleasure to meet all of you." He says all this as if it is nothing important, just describing himself in a way that others would understand. There was a certain charm about him though, and it was clear he wasn't like many elites the ponies might know of.

On what he would like others to call him he says, "You can call me Mythos or Gray, a deer I once knew even got into the habit of calling me 'grey pony' all the time."

Intrigued, Riddle listened quite intently to the newcomer. So apparently he came from Canterlot, which was quite the little happy coincidence, given Riddle's own upbringing. Also, Mythos' unique personality wasn't lost on Riddle. If anything, it just egged him on a little.

"Canterlot, you day? I come from there myself, actually. Oh dear! I almost forgot, these three are Autumn, Shimmer, and Daisy."

He pointed at each one respectively, hoping they didn't mind being introduced. As he pointed, he picked up on Shimmer's forced smile. That shyness could be a slight problem if she was moving to a new colony... it seemed as though Riddle had plenty to think about on the trip. Perhaps it wouldn't be as long as he thought.

The three ponies nodded and waved in turn.

"Howdy, I'm Daisy Smiles. My Ma and Pa run a farm outside of town. This is Moonlight Shimmer. She's really shy, and she comes from the gypsy caravan of the Everfree Forest." Daisy said warmly.

"I'm Autumn Storm, I'm from Canterlot too; well I was born there, but my mom sent me off to Cloudsdale to grow up. I haven't been to Canterlot in almost 2 years. I didn't leave under happy circumstances..." The stallion said confidently at first, but by the end his voice had grown small and unsure.

Moonlight just smiled and thought to herself how she really needed to get over the anxiety.