A Quest from the Princesses! (Open) Mane RP Rules

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile (and speaking of the friends house) as the two ponies walked to Shimmer's cabin, Riddle saw began to see her cabin in the distance. As they began approaching, Riddle began growing discontent. He had promised to help with the packing, and he intended to, but there was certainly a reason he never carried much with him around Equestria. Mainly because he was never interested in the labor of packing and unpacking things over and over, but also to keep it light. And if Shimmer intended to pack most of her cabin, that certainly meant a lot of heavy duty packing, with some emphasis on the heavy. Wait. He was a unicorn, he could just levitate things! As long as he didn't lift them over any long distances, he should be fine!

Speaking towards Shimmer, he spoke happily "So, where do you think we should begin with the packing? It is your stuff, after all." As he spoke, he gave an upbeat smile.

"I think we should start with the cauldron, then the books. Those are going to be the heaviest. We can also put all of the glass in the center of the books so they're kind of cushioned. The bed is going to be a problem too... Hmmm.."

The mare started mentally packing things up inside her head as they continued to walk.

"Awesome. Would you want to follow us to our friend's house so we can finish packing then go from there, or would you want to meet up somewhere to leave?" He asked in a quizzical tone. He was never good at planning.

"Yes I will go with you... I even have a suggestion on how to make packing lighter and easier," Mythos says with a nod before walking over to the stallions and saying giving them some bits and telling them, "follow us until we get to where we need to be. Then you can go into town and do as you please."

"Thank you Mr. Gray," one stallion said as the other nodded and got ready to move.

Autumn and Daisy led the way to Moonlight's cabin on the outskirts of town. When they approached it they saw Moonlight and Riddle working on moving some boxes into the wagon.

"Hey guys, Mythos is going to join us on our way to Canterlot! How's the packing going?" Daisy said as she looked around.

"Oh, it's going alright... We have the cauldron in and some of the books..." Moonlight said as she continued to plan how to fit everything in the wagon.

Riddle was beginning to get tired already. He had correctly reasoned that using magic would be very helpful, but he had overextended himself. Why did nothing of late lie in range of his talents? Anyway, he welcomed the site of the other ponies joining up with them. The more the merrier, or in this case the faster the packing! Autumn even seemed to be doing much better, which was definitely good. Now all that left Riddle with was packing and his thoughts, as he levitated some more books into the cart.

As Daisy spoke, Riddle smiled. He had already figured Mythos would join along, he seemed to get along fine with the group after all. Calling over to Mythos, he spoke "Well then, Mythos, Welcome to the group! Plenty of opportunity to carry on, so to speak!"

"Yes it does seems to be that way," Mythos says looked over what had been done, what packing had been completed before continuing, "If you like I could cast a spell that expands how much can be added into a bag or box. Allowing you to carry over twice as much at under half the weight."

"Ummm... No thank you. Everything is already in boxes. Thanks for the suggestion though.." Moonlight replied with an unsure smile.

"C'mon Autumn we had better get going so we can leave before noon. It's a day's trip to Canterlot from here." Daisy said as she moved into the house to collect boxes.

Riddle watched as Mythos suggested the spell, and secretly he hoped there would be some way to cut down the weight of things they had already packed, but it seemed as though you had to pack things into the enchanted boxes. Shame. He supposed he should probably help pack the boxes, but at the same time he was a touch curious. Lingering a bit by the door, he called out to Mythos

"Actually, if it wouldn't be to much of a bother, I don't suppose you could tell me how that spell works. I may not be able to pull it off, but it would be fun to know. Especially with the amount of times I travel."

"With pleasure," Mythos says with a knowing smile, as he himself travelled often... which is way he had learned such a spell. Taking Riddle aside he explains the origin of the spell, "Now I seem to have only been able to figure out the lesser version of the spell, the greater spell is said to have been made by Starswirl the Bearded and thus lost. Over the years unicorns have tried recreating many of the spells credited to this unicorn... though something as seemingly minor as a "Spell of Holding" was put aside by most. About 8 years ago I found the notes of one unicorn that had tried to recreate the spell of holding but did not finish doing so. With some experimenting of my own I was able to figure out how to cast a spell that, like I said before, allows to you pack double the amount with half the weight... though I haven't tried it on anything very big yet so that isn't certian. From my research the original spell would allow something as large as or larger then a hydra or dragon fit inside a bit pouch."

With a soft laugh Mythos finishes with, "the way it seems to work is that the spell permanently expands the inside of any container, bag, box, exc to be about twices as large on the inside. Yet the larger this item is the longer and harder the spell becomes... given enough time, unicorns, and more then a few failures one could in theory double the inside of Canterlot castle. Though most likely only the princesses could do such but such a task would be most draining and arguably wasteful which is probably why they wouldn't."

Riddle whistled as Mythos explained the spell. Starswirl the bearded? That was a pony he could spend hours on (and has) only to draw mysteries from mysteries. How often does one get to learn something this fun? He almost felt as though he should give something in exchange... but he didn't really know any rare spells besides some rather flashy illusions. Oh well, it couldn't be helped, really. Besides, he was starting to wonder how one even managed to find such ellusive notes. Even lesser spells from Starswirl were in high demand last time he checked.

"Canterlot noble, good manners, not at all uppity like most higher ups and you also have access to hard to find spells? One could say the plot thickens, could they not?"

'I'm just good at finding that which is interesting," Mythos says simply with an elusive grin, finding the stallion's description of him amusing before reminding him of a certian detail, "though the spell isn't one of Starswirl's, or at least not truely. Few of his spells seem to have survived on paper. Most spells connected to him were made by unicorns trying to mimic the great wizard's creations. Actually it is possible Starswirl the Bearded wasn't either a stallain or a unicorn... at least based on some records I have found."

Mythos smiles, finding Riddle enjoyable company, before explaining, "the wonderful thing about legends is that they at times exagerrate the true, or even hide the truth and it would seem it is possible Starswirl the Bearded is no exception."

"Alright, everything is packed..." Moonlight said in a somewhat odd manner. She was happy to be setting out, but also sad to leave Ponyville behind. She didn't have the best life here, but she met her best friends in this cozy town.

"Are you ready to set off for Canterlot Mythos?"

Riddle chuckled. Mythos certainly knew how to hold a good conversation, that much was apparent. "Aye, but if legends never exaggerated things, they wouldn't be quite so legendary. The truth can be a hard thing to face" Sighing a touch, he realized he would have to hook up to the wagon again. He was really starting to question the invention of the cursed thing, but he wasn't irritated enough to not pick up on Shimmer's comment.

"Cheer up, Shimmer! Ponyville might be cozy, but adventure calls! Just think of all the fun getting there will be!"

And just like that, Riddle had forgotten about the cart himself. As he finished, he struck a rather dramatic pose, with his hoof pointing heroically towards the horizon. With a little magical illusion, he even seemed to glow as the sunlight struck him. Shame he was pointing in the opposite direction from where they were going though...

...direction seemed to continue eluding him today.

"Hmm? Oh, of course I can help with some more lifting! The sooner its done, the sooner we can get on the road!"

Riddle was momentarily distracted when he realized that he was pointing the wrong way, and so he just lowered himself and decided it never happened. Trotting over to the pile, his horn started glowing, and he spoke up again. "Ready when you two are! Unless you don't get ready. In which case none of us are!"

The boxes lifted from the ground as a unit until they reached the door. The mass was too large to fit as a whole, so Shimmer focused a little harder and they moved through one at a time. They then stacked themselves neatly in the wagon.

"I sure do love having unicorns around." Daisy said with a chuckle.

Riddle overheard this, and frowned. "True, but a riddle is only fun when you try to solve it, not watch it be solved. No, sorry, that wasn't very fair of me, was it?."

He caught himself at the end of his sentence, and beamed once more. Making sure he was facing the right direction this time, he pointed dramatically once more towards the horizon "Now, good folk, TALLY HO!" He trotted forward a few steps and hooked himself up to the carriage, waiting for the others to gain some ground before following.

Hearing the mare's comment he says, "yes a unicorn's magic can be useful, yet there are times I wish I could be a pegasi or earth pony."

It was at this time that Mytho's hired helped returned which caused the stallion smile before saying, "perfect timing, thank you my good stallions for returning."

The stallions nod without farther words being spoken, hitching themselves up.

Turning to Riddle Mythos says with a smile, "I know a many riddles, some you my know and some which you may not."

Riddle spoke in a rather vibrant tone "Oh I don't doubt that you do. If I did know every riddle I wouldn't have much to do, now would I?"

He would have added something else, but just then the hired help showed up. Which was a touch distracting. Some hired help actually did seem useful... That would certainly make the trip shorter (He had forgotten completely about seeing them earlier).

Nodding towards Daisy, he gave a smile "I think we've put off starting long enough, so we might as well." With that, he started walking.