Favorite Villain/Evil Creature

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Favorite Villain/Minor Bother?

• Discord
    • Nightmare Moon/Evil Luna
    • Gilda
    • Trixie
    • Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon.
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Flim Flam Brothers
    • Animals/Wildlife
    • Queen Chrysalis

Wooh, 100th vote.

I like Discord because he at least has a story and a interesting character. Him being Q is awesome and such but shouldn't be too much of a factor. I don't like how he cares too much about twisting his enemies (the mane 6) and how foolish he loses.

Nightmare Moon as character is very nice and also her story is. I just feel like she is too... artifical after all, even though not as bad as some others.

Gilda is mostly the same, awesome character, but she is just used to show one bad characteristic...

Same for Trixie.

Diamond Tiara is a bit better, but she should have more of a backstory and learn for once.

Diamond Dogs are just... ugh.

Flim & Flam have a good song and are somewhat reasonable, at least if you look at them in a realistic way - if they knew what they were into (a show that has to end well) they might of chosen a compromise.

Chrysalis gets beaten too easily - she should learn not to lock two magic unicorns into the same place... especially not when Twilight just thought she was wrong - there was no reason at all to lock her away! But aside from that she is really badass - I mean, she is the Queen of her hive and nearly overthrows the kingdom all by herself. Plus her awesome appearance and the best song in the entire show makes the choice easy.

My second would be Discord though.

• 1 month later...

I finally realized why Nightmare Moon is my favorite villain, beyond just interesting character design and such. I like her because, of all the villains portrayed so far, she's had the least to work with in the powerhouse department. Think about it, Discord could just brainwash the mane 6, Chrysalis had an entire army, Sombra (who is not on the list, and understandably so) was a giant cloud of pure evil, and Nightmare Moon? Well, she of all the main villains relied more on trickery, such as trying to exploit dreams and goals rather than fears, turn various wildlife against her foes. More so, when push came to shove she was willing to get physical by engaging in a jousting match with Twilight. None of the villains so far seem to have stepped outside of magical (not counting minions) combat.

I mean honestly, all she seemed to do with magic besides the ultra-mane was turn into a small smoke cloud and rely on deception rather than sheer magical force. Yes, Discord relied on deception as well, but his was different because he was actually using magic to force perspectives on the ponies, rather than exploit resources and emotions currently there. Quite frankly, she did very well for someone who showed so little in the forest, and that's why she's my favorite.

Of course, of the main villains anyway, but I do prefer the main villains over the sub-villains, simple because they're actual villains rather than antagonists. So good 'ol NM is still on top, in a humble internet-parody-of-an-H.G.Wells-novel's opinion.