Favorite Villain/Evil Creature

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Favorite Villain/Minor Bother?

• Discord
    • Nightmare Moon/Evil Luna
    • Gilda
    • Trixie
    • Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon.
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Flim Flam Brothers
    • Animals/Wildlife
    • Queen Chrysalis

Who is your favorite villain or minor bother? You know the villains like Discord, but what about the smaller part characters like Trixie or the Diamond Dogs? Even Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are considered since they bothered Apple Bloom in season 1 episode 12 and season 2 episode 23! There are so many. Who's your favorite though?

Discord :^D

second favorite would probably be the flim flam brothers

now that I think about it, I'm not a huge fan of most of the season one villains... ._.

It is a topic like this that really brings to light just how few actual villains that there are.

And I also liked discord. I liked that he put up righteous airs, but when push came to shove, he still cheated to turn fluttershy.

Best villian had to be Q! er I mean Discord! (lol) in part because he just didnt care. He wasn't evil, he simply did not give a trot and did whatever he wanted and consequences be darned!

Second would be Trixie, because she was fun (and I dont care how many of you tell me "oh she's just missunderstood, she's kind and loving!" I call her as evil and a villian who now wants nothing more than to destroy Twilight and Co!)

Nightmare Moon for me. It was the opening storybook narration that hooked me on the show in the first place. Nightmare Moon works really well as an evil goddess figure, and her motivation is actually understandably human. I really like her mane, and the rest of her artwork. There's something about the style in which she was drawn that I find very appealing. Also, her voice.

Second place goes to Diamond Tiara, especially after "Ponyville Confidential". One of the highlights of that episode for me was Diamond Tiara making the jump from common schoolyard bully to clever, scheming manipulator.

Second place goes to Diamond Tiara, especially after "Ponyville Confidential". One of the highlights of that episode for me was Diamond Tiara making the jump from common schoolyard bully to clever, scheming manipulator.

As DT's player I can agree with this. She's not just some dumb bully, she's actually smarter than she looks, and that makes her a decent antagonist.

I dunno if she's my favourite villain though. If anything I don't think I have one.

Though from the MMMystery epsiode:

If the Gustav, Donut Joe, and Mulia from Pinkie's imagination teamed up, they'd make a pretty awesome villian team!

Poll Update!

Discord is in first place with 9 votes. He is so shooting ahead! Next with 3 votes it's Nightmare Moon! Ties in third with two votes each are Gilda and Flim&Flam. Then, we have with 1 vote only: Trixie! All other options have zero votes so lets get voting everypony! This has been a poll update. See you next time! :kissy:

As much as I adore Flim and Flam (and the fact that I RP Flam in the Mane RP), I have to go with Discord.

Main reason: As a Trekkie, I LOVED John DeLancie as "Q" and it was a stroke of BRILLIANCE to voicecast him for Discord!

P.S. - In the interest of full disclosure, I was the FIRST and ONLY person to app for Discord after "Return of Harmony Part -2" aired, BEFORE the mods here declared him as 'unplayable' in Mane and/or Crossover RP.

:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
Diamond Tiara, Silverspoon, Gilda, FlimFlam, and even probably Trixie are antagonists, not villians. Villians are NightMare Moon, Chrysalis, and Discord.

Also, Discord Ftw.

Yes, I agree. Even if you count them as villains, they aren't like, a major threat to Equestria and jazz. I mean, they're mean, but not really villainous, per se.

The Flim Flam bros. aren't exactly villainous (Discord, Nightmare Moon, and Chrysalis are definitely the major villains), but they are antagonists... and well... Kind of jerks. *LOL* Antagonist-wise... I actually prefer the Flim Flam Bros. over Discord because the Flim Flam Bros. are what kind of made me realize I was a brony (I was already all those episodes in and watching every time a new episode came out, but I kind of tried to deny my broniness... The Flim Flam Bros. made me embrace it... *lol*)... However...

I think Queen Chrysalis is rapidly taking their place. Because... oh my god... She is the MOST awesome character.

Really only one villain wanted to take over Equestria to rule and that was Discord. Nightmare Moon basically wanted to destroy Equestria with eternal night because she felt scorned and neglected over ponies celebrating during the day and sleeping through her night. The changelings didn't want to rule either, but to use Equestria as their food source. Once all the love had been devoured they would have left Equestria to its own destruction.

That said, yes those three are without a doubt the real villains. Chrysalis is by far the most villainous. She has no point of redemption what so ever. Nightmare Moon had within her the pure soul of Luna and Discord was just doing what he was basically made to do. Also, as I said, he was the only one who didn't want total destruction. He enjoyed the chaos too much, destroying anyone or anything would have detracted from that. And if we can take what he said to Celestia as truth, he didn't harm ponies either unlike Q whom seemed to take some enjoyment in killing. Chrysalis on the other hand... Nothing,I see no redemption. She wanted to take over Equestria to allow her offspring to feed until the food source was depleted, thus leading to its destruction (how can a society based on love and kindness survive without love and kindness?).

So favorite? Still Discord (I don't think that will ever change). Loki=Q= Discord. I love all three. However, the title of best villain goes to chrysalis. She is just the perfect villain.

This show had amazing villains and antagonists. Almost every single one you seem to just love to hate, which in my opinion makes a good antagonist.

Yeah, I don't see Chrysalis going through any kind of redemption, either. I think she's probably incapable of feeling love since she doesn't understand love as a feeling, only as a food source. The only thing that MIGHT come close to it is that she seems to have some loyalty to the swarm of changelings under her rule. This doesn't change the fact that she actually seems to enjoy the pain and suffering she causes, though.