This little guy is one of Tesla Coil's assistants viewtopic.php?f=30&t=935

[ Creature Related Character ]

RP color: color=#40404F

Name: Sprocket

Species: Dragon

Eye Color: Yellow

Physique & Colors: steel gray with a black belly and spines, he has wings

Residence: Everfree Forest

Likes: Eating diamonds, laughing at Tesla, playing tricks on Goggles, going for long walks by himself in the forest, Science (when it works), helping Tesla with good experiments, making up stories and trying to convince Tesla that they actually happened but he just doesn't remember them

Dislikes: Tesla being dramatic, most ponies, not being allowed to push the big red button, when Tesla blows up the laboratory with bad ideas

Character Summary: Sprocket loves working with Tesla, he really does... but that pony can be so over the top sometimes it's hard not to tease him. This little dragon had his life saved by Tesla Coil and swore an oath to stay with him forever, so he lives in the lab and helps with experiments while making fun of poor Goggles for doing nothing.

Sprocket had a pretty ordinary life before he met Tesla Coil and learned all about SCIENCE! but these days he spends his time trying to keep the lab from being on fire and flipping levers for dramatic effect whenever Tesla gets overly excited about something he's about to break. Sprocket also spends plenty of his day doing normal lab assistant duties too, it just seems like this lab is extra flammable compared to most sometimes.

His personality has always been very sarcastic and he doesn't like many ponies, or many other creatures at all for that matter. They tend to annoy him and get in his way, at least from his point of view. Since he never knew his parents (like most dragons) he's never been much for family or friends. Although he endlessly teases Tesla and Goggles the two of them are as close to a family as he's ever had.

Tesla saved Sprocket's life about 5 years ago when the two of them didn't even know each other. Sprocket was walking out in the Everfree forest and ran into a cockatrice, he'd never seen one before but he could tell it wasn't friendly. Luckily for Sprocket, Tesla heard him screaming and came running to find him. Tesla got between Sprocket and the cockatrice and baited it into staring at him but because of Tesla's reflective goggles the cockatrice turned itself into stone! So these days the stone cockatrice is a hat stand in the corner of the lab.

I'd like to know a bit more about him. You say Telsa saved his life? How. And as for his looks, you just have a color and that doesn't say much. Right now I'm just picturing Spike, only gray, which isn't that interesting. There is a Dragon template you could use to make him a little different and give a basic visual. Otherwise you're going to need to describe him better.

yeah the whole saved his life thing is the big part I'm still working on and as far as looks I was honestly picturing basically a gray spike, if that's not ok I'll change it.

Well it would be nice to see some individuality. I mean it's your character so you can make him just a basic re-color if you like. But I think making him a little different, like his spines or maybe having wings or something would make him more stand out.

yeah the whole saved his life thing is the big part I'm still working on and as far as looks I was honestly picturing basically a gray spike, if that's not ok I'll change it.

Well it would be nice to see some individuality. I mean it's your character so you can make him just a basic re-color if you like. But I think making him a little different, like his spines or maybe having wings or something would make him more stand out.

ooh I didn't even think to give him little wings, thanks for the idea!

• 2 weeks later...