Magic the Gathering

We will get three sets. Legendary lands, shocklands and Gates.

Is it possible that we were both fooled on this one? The lone Selesnya land might be part of a cycle along with Archon of the Triumvirate, Hypersonic Dragon, Carnival Hellsteed, and Corpsejack Menace.

Vraska is a bit scary. Not the least of which because if it ever comes out in my playgroup, it will be up to me to kill it, or else let it go ultimate. I play with a bunch of pansies.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost like Quagnoth. Almost makes a difference, cose Smiter die to re...<smack!> Arghhhh!

Ok no complains. He's a freaking 4/4, Soldier and for CMC 3, and there is no normal way to stop him hit the board unless it is named Surgical Extraction or Karn Liberated. Oh they rotate out? Oh my....

Loxodon Smiter is a weesh card through and through. I hope they aren't crazy to buy.

If Discard gets big in the meta then it's price will sky rocket, I'd order my playset the day the card becomes available.

Players are also pretty excited for Azurious' line up, but I really thing that Golgari and Rakdos are gonna sneak every other faction.

Rakdos has potential, if they 2-3 excellent cards plus some good ones they'll have a deck, after all, this is only block 1 in a 3 block set. next 2 block will like have 200+ cards as well.

I never liked mill so im not even looking in Dimir's direction.

Im curious about Simic though.

Azurious is gonna irritate me. W/U decks just irk me.

Orzhov, I don't doubt that they will have nasty surprises. Probably a stupidly powerful angel.

Im curious about Simic

Me too. I hope +1/+1 counter figure into it though.

Orzhov, I don't doubt that they will have nasty surprises. Probably a stupidly powerful angel.

I think the last couple of years broke the "Stupidly-Powerful-Angel Scale". Like on par with Baneslayer, Sigarda or Avacyn? Also, they only had the one Angel last time, and she was unnamed. We'll have to wait and see, but there is guaranteed to be an angel in GTC, because the Boros guild leader is an angel.

We'll have to wait and see, but there is guaranteed to be an angel in GTC, because the Boros guild leader is an angel.

Well Aurelia better be mightier then Razia. Gisela set the expectations pretty high.

Me too. I hope +1/+1 counter figure into it though.

Well they kept dredge, so I see no reason to mess with graft, their new keyword will hopefully synergize well give the player a reason/easy method to spread counters. I'd like a Simic Mutant Hydra with like graft X and mana cost GU X, that has shroud and trample plus two abilities like: 2cmc prevent all damage to every creature you with a +1/+1 counter on it. remove a +1/+1 counter and put a +1/+1 counter on every other creature you control.

I think the last couple of years broke the "Stupidly-Powerful-Angel Scale". Like on par with Baneslayer, Sigarda or Avacyn? Also, they only had the one Angel last time, and she was unnamed. We'll have to wait and see, but there is guaranteed to be an angel in GTC, because the Boros guild leader is an angel.

Lets not talk about Sigarda, talk about shutting down Golgari. :roll:

Baneslayer was never that bad to me, just good...

But im thinking that Selesnya's new Angel should be as powerful as Avacyn. Give this new chick flying and vigilance, some form of protection and the ability to spawn 2 5/5 angels with flying and vigilance attacking whenever shes attacking and we got us a new angel.

Edit: That actually sounds terrible and id never want to put anyone on the beating end of that stick.

Well they kept dredge, so I see no reason to mess with graft, their new keyword will hopefully synergize well give the player a reason/easy method to spread counters. I'd like a Simic Mutant Hydra with like graft X and mana cost GU X, that has shroud and trample plus two abilities like: 2cmc prevent all damage to every creature you with a +1/+1 counter on it. remove a +1/+1 counter and put a +1/+1 counter on every other creature you control.

Kept Dredge? When? No old mechanic returns in RtR block. You must been confused by Izzet vs Golgari Duel Deck.

But im thinking that Selesnya's new Angel should be as powerful as Avacyn.

Why Selesyna should get the angel? They never had one.

Kept Dredge? When? No old mechanic returns in RtR block. You must been confused by Izzet vs Golgari Duel Deck.

I consider it kept, instead of pushing forward with scavenge, they brought dredge and replicate back into the lime light to whet our appetite. By kept I mean they didn't completely negate the old mechanic with a new one. Like how when have intimidate and fear...for no real reason...at least in my opinion.

Why Selesyna should get the angel? They never had one.

Angels are not with Selesnya, hmm seems like they should be though. Perhaps give Boros that angel then, but I don't really like boros so I don't want them to have nice things.

By kept I mean they didn't completely negate the old mechanic with a new one.

They've never negated banding either by that definition. Use whatever words you want to describe it, but dredge is gone.

Angels are not with Selesnya, hmm seems like they should be though. Perhaps give Boros that angel then, but I don't really like boros so I don't want them to have nice things.

Selesnya is more about nature, elementals, dryads and things like that.

During the Ravnica block, there were only three total angels. A nameless angel in Orzhov, and two in Boros, including Razia, the guild leader.

But what a mean comment about my favorite guild! I don't like dimir, but that doesn't mean I want the dimir fans to be left without any interesting cards.

I consider it kept, instead of pushing forward with scavenge, they brought dredge and replicate back into the lime light to whet our appetite. By kept I mean they didn't completely negate the old mechanic with a new one. Like how when have intimidate and fear...for no real reason...at least in my opinion.

No. MaRo himself stated then NO old mechanic is coming back. He said that cards from new Ravnica and old one will play nice together and that's it. You can only count on fact, that they will bring it back in some Core Set in the future, or some single reprints in Commander Arsenal. And Fear and Intimidate? Since Zendikar I haven't seen old F in standard. Same goes with Shroud being replaced with Hexproof.

They've never negated banding either by that definition. Use whatever words you want to describe it, but dredge is gone.

Selesnya is more about nature, elementals, dryads and things like that.

During the Ravnica block, there were only three total angels. A nameless angel in Orzhov, and two in Boros, including Razia, the guild leader.

But what a mean comment about my favorite guild! I don't like dimir, but that doesn't mean I want the dimir fans to be left without any interesting cards.

I see where you're coming from, but we are disagreeing on how we interpret gone or dead. Banding is what i consider dead, its a bad mechanic that they aren't even trying to work with (as far was we know). But I don't consider Dredge dead because its getting attention right now in the duel decks; I believe dredge is an excellent graveyard mechanic that may be out of rotation but will never truly be dead. Keep in mind that I never meant that they were creating new things with dredge. Can we agree to disagree?

P.S. How do you feel about 63 card decks that still have at least 44% of the deck producing mana?

oh and J/k about the Boros thing, me and my play group basically have made mortal enemies/allies based on what happens and Boros is currently the enemy of my bant deck.

No. MaRo himself stated then NO old mechanic is coming back. He said that cards from new Ravnica and old one will play nice together and that's it. You can only count on fact, that they will bring it back in some Core Set in the future, or some single reprints in Commander Arsenal. And Fear and Intimidate? Since Zendikar I haven't seen old F in standard. Same goes with Shroud being replaced with Hexproof.

I never said it was coming back, I said it wasn't gone and that it hasn't been replaced.

After mediocre drake we got not-so-bad Demon.

Desecration-Demon-Return-to-Ravnica-MTG-Spoiler-216x300.jpg

Flavorful don't you all agree? But he got no chance agains tokens. He will be better if set/block will have some untap engine. So far Ravnica shows nice rares. At last one can buy a booster and not shiver on thoght of finding crap rare. RoR certainly gives feeling of old Ravnica...even the weaker cards seems 'fun'.

Also from interesting side. It shows that Kior Atua will not show in Gatecrash after all. It was stated that her philosophies disagree with that of the Simic...so who will it be?

Return to Ravnica:

1. Jace

2. Vraska

Gatecrash:

1. Gideon

2. ???

Sinker:

1.Ral Zalek? Dack Fayden?

Selesyna Guildmaster is here...with some additions.

s21dmypgg0_en.jpgt3xc7vq9ct_en.jpg0ut64kj7yl_en.jpgs15reg2t2t_en.jpg

I can only say - Finaly. It's good to see strong legendary creature in Selesyna after something so...bad as Chorus. Mana cost is heavy color wise but abilities are backbreaking. Elementar is nice when playing against control (no wasted spells anymore!), Imps will propably play only in limited. Rix Maadi Guildmage makes nice mana sink but Korozda Guildmage is still stronger.

Well folks, it looks like that Confidant will not make it. On Spain Magic forum this showed up.

Underworld Connections

Enchantment - Aura 1.pngblack.pngblack.png

Enchant Land

Enchanted Land has " tap.png , Pay 1 life: Draw a card"

"If you need it, it's available. The question is: how much are you willing to pay?"

Illus. Yeong-Hau Han

Phyrexian Arena 2.0 huh? It have up's and downs. At last it won't kill us.

Well folks, it looks like that Confidant will not make it. On Spain Magic forum this showed up.

Underworld Connections

Enchantment - Aura 1.pngblack.pngblack.png

Enchant Land

Enchanted Land has " tap.png , Pay 1 life: Draw a card"

"If you need it, it's available. The question is: how much are you willing to pay?"

Illus. Yeong-Hau Han

Phyrexian Arena 2.0 huh? It have up's and downs. At last it wan't kill us.

I am more than cool with this. Phyrexian Arena was too good to not see again somehow. It'll be a little hard to cast in what wacky Golgari nonsense I'll be playing, but card draw in black is always welcome. Speaking of Golgari nonsense...

Lotleth-Troll.jpg

aq9c5Ogp3uq0N4Y0ItGC.jpg

Gravecrawler, Mulch, Boneyard Wurm and Ghoultree are still around. I am so happy.

It'll be a little hard to cast in what wacky Golgari nonsense I'll be playing, but card draw in black is always welcome.

Why? Overgrown Tomb+Arbor Elf and your set to go.

Slitherhead - I love flavour text's like this one.

Archived