Magic the Gathering

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was talking about Boros specifically in Gatecrash, not as a whole.

Still, you are talking about sealed with special pre-release guild boosters.

It may be too soon to tell that boros is impotent in draft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now we have Gatecrash Even Decks.

While wizards did the very good job with Boros deck, I just couldn't believe what I saw in contents of 'Simic' one. It's Simic in name only! Where is Hinterland Harbor? Where are the creatures with Evolve? Why only Simic cards are Urban Evolution and set of Guildgates? And finally, why splashing the Red?! They totally dropped the ball! Thargtusk and Rancors don't justify the price of this! To add insult to injury they 'suggest' adding Sphinx's Revelation. Right....deck is not 'Simic' enough.

I just couldn't believe what I saw in contents of 'Simic' one. It's Simic in name only! Where is Hinterland Harbor? Where are the creatures with Evolve? Why only Simic cards are Urban Evolution and set of Guildgates?

Haha, that is almost exactly the conversation I had with a friend when we were examining the list.

Also, have you seen the cards in the boros deck? You will be lucky to find that anywhere for the MSRP. The top 6 singles alone have a value of $38.

• 2 weeks later...

And just to prove that Wizards love emptying our wallets, they announced....

1171_logo_h7wy6g7fip.jpg

Of course to keep up with the word this FtV will have twenty cards instead of usual fifteen...

And poor me have no ideas what they could reprint...each being part of the tournament winning deck could be the hint but...

I could take a few guesses, but how broken are they willing to go?

Tollarian Academy probably doesn't fly, but what about Time Spiral?

Arcbound Ravager is a possibility, but kinda boring in a vacuum. Maybe the competing decks, which included the planecycling dragon, the creature regrowth, the old entreat the angels that cycles and astral slide. Not astral slide though. That is worthless in a vacuum.

Memory fail.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaand now we have (unconfirmed) decklists for Sorin vs Tibalt

Sorin...

Planeswalkers:

1x Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

Creatures:

1x Butcher of Malakir

1x Sengir Vampire

1x Revenant Patriarch

1x Vampire Outcasts

1x Phantom General

1x Mausoleum Guard

1x Vampire Nightyhawk

1x Fiend Hunter

1x Vampire Lacerator

2x Doomed Traveler

1x Wall of Omens

1x Child of Night

2x Duskhunter Bat

1x Mesmeric Fiend

1x Gatekeeper of Malakir

1x Twilight Drover

1x Bloorage Vampire

Enchantments:

1x Mark of the Vampire

1x Field of Souls

Sorceries:

1x Decompose

1x Lingering Souls (FNM art?)

2x Spectral Procession (? Art)

1x Ancient Craving

1x Death Grasp (? Art)

1x Absorb Vis

Instants:

1x Unmake

1x Mortify (? Art)

1x Zealous Persecution

1x Vampire's Bite

1x Sorin's Thirst

1x Urge to Feed

Lands:

2x Evolving Wilds

2x Tainted Fields

12x Swamp

9x Plains

Tokens:

2x Spirit

...and Tibalt

Planeswalkers:

1x Tibalt

Creatures:

2x Ashmouth Hound

1x Goblin Arsonist

1x Reassembling Skeleton

1x Scorched Rusalka

2x Hellspark Elemental

2x Vithian Stinger

1x Shambling Remains

1x Coal Stoker

1x Lavaborn Muse

1x Mad Prophet

1x Hellrider

1x Skirsdag Cultist

1x Corpse Connoisseur

1x Scourge Devil

1x Gang of Devils

Sorceries:

1x Bump in the Night

1x Faithless Looting

1x Flame Slash

1x Pyroclasm

1x Recoup

2x Browbeat (Alt art)

1x Breaking Point

1x Blightning (Alt Art)

1x Torrent of Souls

1x Devil's Play

Instants:

1x Flame Javelin

1x Strangling Soot

1x Terminate

1x Geistflame

1x Blazing Salvo

Enchantments:

1x Sulfuric Vortex

Land:

2x Akoum Refuge

2x Rakdos Carnarium

14x Mountain

6x Swamp

Well...what can I say? If those will turn out to be real then we have really solid Duel Deck.

Also, images of planswalkers

1799_sorin_1efbsfizqk.jpg1799_tibalt_1efbsfizqk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

For the new art I assume? I mean...he's not that hard to get hand on. He isn't either an 'old' not reprinted Planswalker (like first Sarkhan) or one so powerful that everyone must have one. Actually he is the weakest one ever printed, even more then Nissa - for himself he does absolutely nothing. His +1 does not give card advantage, at best it can your improve card quality (and Jace 2.0. did that a looot better), his -4 depends on the opponent and seeing how much pain the +1 is to use, wouldn't get charged anytime soon. And finally his -6....while it can win you games, it requires a board position from the opponent...and again is even more unlikely too charge enough loyalty to use. Tibalt only advantage is his speed. And while his deck is not bad (it's quite good actually) it could use Madness cards for synergy with his first ability (and it would work flavourful too since Tibalt is apparently completely nuts!). flavour wise Tibalt is masterful - I admit that - a psycho that wishes to spread give pain too everyone, including you! However too bad that it does not transfer to playability, while I understand that his lack of oomph! comes out from need too balance his low CMC Mr. Fiend-Blooded just isn't fun too play. For example - Nicol Bolas - he has low chances too see play, he is colour restrictive and mana heavy, but when he comes...oh JOY! Tibalt just doesn't have that, he requires planning with the deck building - planning in the colour that requires the last of that. Compare to him Sorin 2.0. is like a Kaiju. He does everything that good planeswalkers needs - he protects himself, have magical 4 CMC, built-in removal and his emblems stacks.

Either way this DD is worth it's price.

The art is definitely 1 reason. I'm also too poor to dump cash on boosters. Trying to build a devil deck for funsies & he must be the guest of honor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

<Cast's Animate Dead...again>

Well sine the sum is approaching I will ne again fill the duty of hijacking this thr....I-I mean functioning as a news informer of all the stuff from word most popular card game.

First a special set named....

ljquoqhelp_arc_logo_decoded.jpg

. A Multiplayer Booster Draft format with sixty-five new cards and many reprints. Actually we can expect full spoiler today. The set isn't named Conspiracy for nothing either, with it, comes card of special type of...well.. Conspiracy.

advantageousproclamation.jpgF6xYrn92Zo_EN.jpgbragosfavor.jpgey1ssVoDtI_EN.jpgFxubxbbQ6t_EN.jpg7PANoM5z1B_EN.jpgTlopZmEr9i_EN.jpge5S90RfFd8_EN.jpggwF4ut8xW2_EN.jpggwF4ut8xW2_EN.jpgsecretsofparadise.jpgsentineldispatch.jpgum97vY0q54_EN.jpg2XFEahngeU_EN.jpg

Besides Conspiracies the se also contains very anticipated card of Dack Fayden. I will provide link for the full spoiler when it becomes available.

Second news, I announcement of new upcoming block, it's structure being Big-Small-Big. First set of block is named....

03e55l4d43_logo_1.png

So it happens that Takir is a home plane of Sarkhan Vol who will indeed return after his long absence.

MaRo himself said during the interview that we should expect two things.

-Something that players asked for a while, and it was thing that R&D done long ago

-Something that players asked for a while, and it's thing that R&D never done before...

So here you go.

Archived