Young Buck [FINAL]

OldToby

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Young Buck, AKA Bucky

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Blue

Coat Color: Cream

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Brown Mane & Tale, loose - but contained through styling and hair products

Physique: Lean, muscled, fit but not buff

Cutie Mark: Open book, with a yellow sunrise peaking over the top

Origin/Residence: Originally from Baltimare, recently moved to Appleloosa after accepting a job at the local paper

Occupation: Presses repairman for the local paper/Potential Hero?

Motivation: Out to "make the something of himself", Young Buck feels like he has something to prove to everyone to be a "real pony." In his day-to-day life, he's a mild-manner pony about town without a lot of money and doesn't really stand out. But at night when he's home, working in the tiny shop beneath his house, he dreams of being "Wonder Flash", hero of Appleloosa. He's even designed a set of mechanical wings (powered by gears and steam and attached with a harness) to fly as fast as any Pegasus Pony in Appleloosa. He constantly modifies and tinkers with the wings, but has yet to take up the mantle of his dream identity. In spite of his lofty dreams, it is unlikely that this contraption will ever function as more than a simple "hang glider" or sorts, though Young Buck always maintains the hope of one day attaining true flight.

Likes: Daring Do novels, a nice glass of Root Beer, chess, relaxing on the front porch, reading stories that the reporters put in the Appleloosa paper.(optional)

Dislikes: Bullies, most monsters, and most of all himself. Young Buck lacks the confidence to really appreciate his own kind nature and simple charm. (optional)

Character Summary:

History: Young Buck was born to Tall and Philly Buck, newspaper tycoon of Baltimare. He was raised in the shadow of his rich father and his older brother, Big Buck. Big Buck actually went off to Canterlot and eventually became part of Princess Celestia's royal guard, leaving the more demure Young Buck to inherit his father's newspaper business. But Tall Buck didn't think his young, shy son was ready for that so he wanted to see him learn about the business from the ground up. Soon after Young Buck got his cutie mark, his father arranged for him to go work in Appleloosa at the local paper.

Family: Tall and Philly Buck, his parents who own a large paper in Baltimare. Big Buck, his older brother who now lives in Canterlot.

Cutie Mark: Young Buck recieved his Cutie Mark while touring his father's business, but not in a very simple way. You see, Bucky, as he is often called, had his nose stuck in a Daring Do book while his father was trying to explain the ins and outs of the paper to him and he looked up with dreams of Daring Do still in his head to see the massive, gear-and-cog printing press. He suddenly had a dream of being a great hero with huge mechanical wings flying across the sky and saving other ponies like the heroes from the story that always gave him hope. His father mistook the appearance of his cutie mark as a sign that his son would one day be a newspaper tycoon, not a dreamer who saw hope in the stories of old. To this day, Bucky hasn't had the gumption to tell his father the truth.

Flaws: Lack of confidence and back bone. He doesn't stand up for himself, for fear of not being approve of by his friends and family. He also harbors a bit of jealousy towards Pegasus ponies, because he wishes he could fly.

Personality: Mild-Mannered and shy. Very polite, but prone to speaking excitedly about he adventures of other ponies and talking in detail about the adventures of other ponies, both real and fictional.

This is a great application, my only reservation is the part about the wings. If we allow him to have fully functional wings that allow him to fly like a pegasus it creates a precedent of allowing any no flying creature the ability of full fight, something normally reserved for winged creatures. The wings should be more of an aspiration than an actual "ability" and that the character should be more focused on wanting to become an adventurer and building his confidence rather than having flight be the huge aspect of his life,as the desire to become a "hero" is by far the more interesting part of his character and the one with the most story potential. The wings could be a prototype, a means to express his mechanical skills and aspirations rather than a true working model.

I totally understand the concern about the wings. They are meant to be an aspiration and a tool used rarely, if they ever function at all. They are a reflection of his insecurity and desire to over-come feelings of inadequacy. I am totally on board with the wings being something he never actually accomplishes beyond a proto-type that works rarely, or at great cost; he'd certainly never be a strong flyer. His confidence and ability with them akin to Fluttershy. They are more a story tool than anything, so I'm perfectly willing to negotiate or further develop the concept to suit storytelling and role-playing.

I totally understand the concern about the wings. They are meant to be an aspiration and a tool used rarely, if they ever function at all. They are a reflection of his insecurity and desire to over-come feelings of inadequacy. I am totally on board with the wings being something he never actually accomplishes beyond a proto-type that works rarely, or at great cost; he'd certainly never be a strong flyer. His confidence and ability with them akin to Fluttershy. They are more a story tool than anything, so I'm perfectly willing to negotiate or further develop the concept to suit storytelling and role-playing.

I would say that they would allow him to glide, much like a hang glider or wing suit, so they can't flap, flutter, wiggle, manipulate, such as pegasus wings are known to do. So her can have a gliding thing (which he can definitely use as a hero, think like Batman) just not true flight like a pegasus.

I like that! Perhaps legitimate flight is a goal he's trying to attain that may never come to fruition in the story, but is still a dream...

Yep! Just modify the app to reflect that and you'll be good to go! :)

Your application has been accepted but you will not be able to RP in the mane RP section until a moderator moves you to the Roleplayers group. It shouldn't take long!