[Ponyville][Everfree]Heading towards the Everfree...? [OPEN]

Ashton

((Ok... so that leaves Lux, Me, Shadow, and Silver (I think, if I missed somone let meknow) Lets go with Lux, Silver, Me, then Shadow, I think that will work...))

Pip smiled and waved as Reno left, he didnt feel quite comfortable with him around anyway, he was young and adventures were dangerous, especially where he was headed...

As he walked he saw a young unicorn stumbled out of hte bushes 'so many people out here today... maybe this isnt the best time' he thought to himself, wanting to keep a low-profile. he smiled though "Hullo" he said "what brings you out to the forest?"

The pinto was about to say something else when there was a flash of smoke and puff of light, dropping another unicorn out of midair nearby...

Pip blinked and headed over to her "Are you ok?" he asked, smiling and offering her a hoof up "you really need to be more careful teleporting near the Everfree Wilderness, you might have landed on a monster!"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geary blinked as he slowly looked around at the group of ponies that had appeared before him. Looking up at the one who adressed him; he quickly scamperd to his hooves as he bowed his head "Geary Twist, inventor/craftspony. I was out here trying to..to..." he started to explain when his child like mind started to creep in and take over. "I was trying to create a really cool sword made out of unicorn magic but I sadly wasnt able to suceed" complained the inventor. Shaking his head, he kept trying to remind himself that he was a colt, and not a foal. Sadly, at his age; it was making it increadibly differnt. Turning to all the other ponies that had apperaed before him, he beamed "Heyaaaa, whats up everypony"?

Suddenly another unicorn appeard out of nowhere, indicating that he had teleported. It looked like this wasn't his intended target. Light didn't know much about teleportation as that really wasn't his talent. Sometimes he wished he had a cooler talent like teleportation, but nopony chooses their skill.

Light surveyed the group. It was a pirate obsessed pinto pony, a unicorn behaving very erratically like he acting at times mature for his age and other times acting like the foal he was, and a unicorn that popped out of nowhere. Well, this would have to do for Pip's exploration. Light shook his head at how a motley crew this was if they were on a pirate ship.

"Hello there," Light said to the recently appeared unicorn. "Looks like you didn't want to be here. This is the Everfree Forest, and you near the edge of it. What's your name?"

He then turned to Geary. "Nice to meet you too. You said you were trying to make a sword but it didn't work? What happened?"

Timid looked at the unicorn and replied softly, "hello. And yes, this wasn't where I intended to end up. I had been chased into a blind alley by some bullies who wanted my bits and my medallion hanging from my neck. I teleported away in the nick of time but I had to rush the spell a little so it kinda backfired...". He smiled weakly, he wasn't going to tell them where he had teleported from to land here in the... Everfree Forest?!. That knowledge wiped the smile off his face, "Did you say... Everfree... Forest!?", he said aloud as he started to shiver. "My...name is Timid Star. What is yours?", he asked the unicorn while nodding to the pinto colt for helping him up.

Pip smiled "Dont worry, your safe enough" he said "where are you from? I'm sure we can get you back, After all" music started "It's just a Hop, a Skip, and a flight away!"

((Should I? Should I have them all burst into song? Pip does love to sing...))

"Sadly, unicorn magic is really unpredicatble; so it was hard for me to output the correct amount of magic" Geary complained. Shaking his head, he coughed as he explained "Forgive my sudden apperance, but I was wondering what is it you all are actually doing? Playing games? Can I play too" asked the inventor. How long the affects of his own childness would last, he didnt know. But it seemed his former mind set was being pushed further and furhter back into his mind; replaced by the eagerness of his youth. Turning to the timid unicorn, Geary smiled "Hello Timid, its nice to meet you" as he offered a hoof and then asked the others in the group. "I havnet met any of you before, but that clearly changes now soooo..wanna be friends everypony" Geary asked curiously.

"Well nice to meet both of you," Light said to both Timid and Geary. The unicorn was still a little worried about the two as one seemed... well timid and the other appeared to be going through an identity crisis.

Geary asked what everypony was doing and if he could be friends. "Well I think we're going on a little adventure, right Pip? As for being a friend, um sure. Why not?"

Light then turned to his friend Pip, with a very important question. "So um Pip? What exactly are we doing? You said a cave or something"

Timid accepted the offered hoof and smiled. His features became more relaxed as he realized the real danger he had been was behind him. They were probably looking all over Canterlot for him and wasting their time. This thought made him laugh as he said, "Well, I am currently staying in Canterlot and studying magic as it seems I have quite the knack for it. My real home is in the Gallopacus Islands with my parents.".

"Well, the Gallopagose is a bit distant, but if you want us to help you get back to canterlot we can" smiled Pip, the urge faded along with the background music

The pinto grinned "Life's an adventure and I've not stop'd breething yet!" he said "Right now I was headed to the caves just inside the everfree" he explained "you know, just past Ms Fluttershy's cottage heading north?" he said, wondering if Light knew the caves were even there. He certainly hadn't been aware of them untill recently, but then he'd only lived in ponyville a couple years, perhaps the natives all knew about them

He looked at the Geary "Maybe you'd have better luck if you tried to enchant an already made sword instead?" he offered

"Great!! I love it when I make new friends" beamed Geary. Hearing Pips idea, he nodded "That does sound easier, but I still need to figure out a way to absorb unicorn magic, so that I can transfer it into a sword. The problem though is that unicorn magic is really unpredictable, so the machine I put it in could blow up". Frowning at that notion, a mischvious smirk made its way onto his face as he asked "But really where would be the fun in getting it right on my first try? That would make my dream to be a master craftspony/inventor who can make anything really boring. And I hate boring" remarked the earth pony.

(OOC: Eyup, still here!)

Light was shocked when he heard Timid somehow teleported from Canterlot all the way to the Everfree Forest. Unfortunately he knew nothing about teleporting, so if he was going to help Timid, he would have to somehow get him back on hoof.

Then Light turned to the task at hoof. Pip was mentioning some kind of cave in the Everfree Forest that he wanted to go to.

"Um... caves? I heard of them but never went to them. Actually I haven't been in the Everfree Forest long. I actually got lost here when it was dark, but had I not been lost, I wouldn't have found my mark."

Timid looked at all the ponies surrounding him and crowding his space as his expression shifted to one of discomfort as he backed away from them and said, "S-s-ure. You can help me get back to Canterlot...". Moving away a short distance, he then said, "Exploring caves? I don't think that is very safe...". Timid was concerned due to his physical condition, even by unicorn standards he was pretty weak when it came to physical strength but he was improving every day.

((I feel very bad about bumping this thread... last night right after I bumped it I ended up in a discussion with multiple mods and this thread, this Pip are invalid now. At *best* he's probably going to have to be rebooted, at worst he may have to go back into the 'available' pot. I'm still waiting to hear back from the mods. In light of this, don't be surprised if this thread gets deleted, but at the same time, I'm going to enjoy a few more rounds before this incarnation of pip gets thrown in the incinerator. Press on!))

Pip chuckled "Dont worry, the caves we're going to are safe" he said "I've been there many times and I can promise you all nothing will happen there" he said "Timid, we'll get you home in no time flat" he grinned "Everyone just follow me! We set off for adventure!" he announced dramatically as he drew his wooden sword and lead them towards the caves.

Geary grined at the idea of going on an adventure, as he pumped his hoof into the air; following the others eagerly. Whistling to himsef, he put a hoof to his chin as he thought over the notions on what they would find!! Treasure? Monsters? It all sounded so awesome!! Nodding his head up and down as he whistled, he grinned "Sooooo, anypony know what this cave is like? Pip you said you were there many times"?

(Aww thats really depressing. I was having fun too :( )

(OOC: Sad to hear Pip's needing a possibly redo. It would be a shame for Light to lose his buddy.)

Lisght took as deep breath as Pip drew his sword and charged deeper into the forest. Pip seemed excited to go on this adventure. Light was not as sure. The white unicorn lived in Ponyville all his life. He knew about the creatures that lurked there, or at least he heard the stories from other ponies. While some sounded like blatant stories, he was unsure about a few. Nevertheless he was there to support his friend and he didn't want to frighten the other ponies with what he knew.

"Alright then. Let's go to the caves."

Timid followed the others and said, "Where's Boney? He was right next to me when I teleported?". He stopped on his tracks and looked around frantically, his eyes huge discs of concern. Looking at the others, he walked up and tapped Light with his hoof and said in panic, "I can't go without Boney! He's my best friend and protector! I have to find him!". Timid then heard several angry barks followed by a whine that was cut off. "Oh no! I am coming Boney!", he shouted as he rushed off the path and into the forest.

((sorry for not posting I misread the order and thought we were still waiting on shadow >.<))

Pip watched Timid run off into the forest and blinked, what had been a crew of 7 minutes ago was down to a crew of 3 now, counting himself... oh well... on the bright side that meant fewer ponies he had to worry about keeping the secret...

The pinto had already returned his sword to it's holster (though said holster was simply a loop of leather it hung in) and looked at the others "Well... onwards I guess..." he said, heading towards the caves again

((ETA: 2 rounds))

(Well, if this is gonna end; may as well end on a humorus note)

Geary grinned as he started to follow when he suddenly felt like he was out of place. Frowning, he looked around as he wondered what he could to do become more apart of the group. Getting an idea, he slapped himself in the head as if shocked by his own stupidity as he went over to a large treebark. Grabbing it, he imideatly vanished in a puff of smoke as he worked at increadible speed. When it cleared, there he was brandishing a wooden sword. "Awesome, I feel more like a pirate now" grinned Geary.

((Lux doesnt seem to like this thread, I'm gonna skip him for now and if he doesnt want to keep going he can make an excuse when he gets back to it))

Pip's eyes widened in awe as he watched geary work "wow, that was amazing!" he said "I couldnt have done that in ten times as long as it took you!" he said "and you certainly look more the part now" he smirked "Now all we need is to find some buried treasure and we'll *really* be pirates!" he laughed

(OOC: Honestly, I like this thread, but by the time I get to it, I keep getting skipped. So, I'm still going to be on it, but please be patient).

Light walked with Pip and Geary deeper into the forest. The unicorn was unsure exactly how far they were going. He heard Pip mention that they were going to the caves and that they were near Fluttershy's cottage. He knew of Fluttershy but never had a need to visit her.

Suddenly Geary dis something really strange... and cool. He grabbed a branch and suddenly disappeared in a puff of smoke. When he reappeared, he was holding not a branch but a wooden sword, just like Pip's.

"Hey, that's a cool trick! i'd love to learn how to do that. Now you're a pirate just like Pip here. Hey, can you make me a sword?"

Although Light wasn't one to see himself as an actual pirate, he didn't want to be left out. and from what he heard about the forest, he may need the sword.

(From seven to three, how depressing :(. Oh well, I'll just do mah best to keep rp active ^_^ )

Blushing with pride at the praise he was recieving, Geary nodded as he commented "Thanks guys". Hearing of Lights plea for a wooden sword, Geary bopped his head up and down. "Okay" agreed the earth pony as he reached up and grabbed another think branch. Vanishing in another cloud, the sounds of the stick being sleeked down, and then bang!! There he was with another sword. "Here you go" smiled Geary as he handed the sword to Lux. Wishing that they had something that would make them more authentic pirates, Geary put a hoof to his chin as he tried to think. Blinking, he grinned with delight as he commented "OOo, another idea"!! Reaching into his satchel/bag, he removed the sheet that he had been useing for formulas for his earlier idea!! That was for teen, no fun Geary!! Drawing a symbol of three foals, all with swords pointed up at the sky on the sheet; he then took another long stick and placed it through the sheets side; making it resmble a flag.

"Heh heh, how's this" asked the eager Geary.

Pip Smiled, he wasn't about to admit to the over-enthusiastic foal that he already had a flag (and a better one at that) he just nodded approvingly "looks like your off to a great start" he said, though he did notice that the sheet had been used for some kind of list or recipie or something, and made a note to himself, wondering if the foal had 'borrowed' it from a parent or older sibling... he would have to make it a point that when the sheet was discarded to retrieve it if at all possible "come on, I think you'll both want to see this" he said, starting off again

((ETA still 2 rounds since we've not moved yet ;):P lol))

"Wow! Thanks," Light said as he levitated the sword in front of him with his telekinesis. "You know, I've read about sword fighting, but never tried it."

With that, Light started swining the sword, trying to imitate the moves in the stories. He felt he was doing fairly well... until he smacked himself in the face with the broad side of the sword. "Um... maybe I should that to the professionals," he said as he slipped the sword into his saddlebag, the hilt poking out.

"Ok then, which way Pip?"

Nodding in thanks to the two, Geary wondered what exactly was the plan. They were nearing the cave, and he couldnt help but wonder what exactly they were gonna look for? "Umm, what are we looking for anywho Pip? Treasure, or some lost city" Geary quesitoned as he put a hoof to his head in wonder. As they arrived at the caves entrance, Geary looked up as in his imagination the cave entrance looked like a skull. "OOOooo, spooky" Geary grinned lightly. Raising his sword into the air at the idea of being attacked by undead skelletions, vicious monster, and spooky spirits!!!