[Ponyville][Everfree]Heading towards the Everfree...? [OPEN]

Ashton

pip_small.jpg

It was a nice, warm day in ponyville, a cool breeze was blowing and a few clouds drifted lazily accross the sky. It was still fairly early for a Saturday, so there were few ponies out an about, but this was what Pip wanted, he didnt really want a lot of ponies to see him...

The little pinto was wearing a vest today, along with his neckerchief, on his back was a pair of appropriately-sized saddlebags, which were still laiden with supplies, it was clear he was planning to be gone most of the day, one might think he was taking a hike up into the mountains, or perhaps he was going to have a picnic down by the lakes... but he wasn't headed towards either one of those... he was headed towards the Everfree Wilderness...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reno had been bounding through the area and spotted the other pony that was a little bit bigger than he was..he seemed to be going on an adventure! Reno bounded over to him with tons of optimism and a touch of excitement "Hello!" he called out to the spotted pony "Where are you going?" He was curious and if it was somewhere fun he wanted to go too! Reno was always up for a challenge.

Pip heard the voice and turned, smiling to see another foal, especially one younger than him, who was so interested. It reminded him a bit of when he first came to ponyville and met Princess Luna (though he wouldn't admit it, even if he was a year or so older now he still had the tiniest bit of a fancy for her) "Hullo there" he said in his upper-crust Trottingham Accent "I'm off to do some exploring, perhaps take a swim, look for buried treasure, or fight a wyvrn or two" he grinned, teasing a little, though he would have loved for that all to be true, he knew the caves he was headed to certainly had no wyverns in them, or monsters of any kind "I'm Pip" he said "What's your name?"

(OOC: Ready for another round with Light, Ashton?)

Light was walking through Ponyville when he caught glimpse of a familiar pony. It was Pip, his new best friend, carrying lots of items and heading towards the Everfree Forest. The Everfree Forest. A chill ran up Light's spine. That place was scary, not somewhere that a pony would want to volunteerily go. But Pip being Pip he was probably looking for adventure.

Light knew he had to make sure his friend was ok, and perhaps a little of the pinto pony's thirst for adventure was wearing off on him.

Then he saw Pip with another pony, a unicorn that was younger than the earth pony.

"Going on another adventure Pip? Hopefully this one will turn out a little better that the one before."

Pip probably knew what Light meant by the "one before." What started as a simple camping trip ended in embarrassment and disaster, especially for Pip. But hopefully this one would fair better.

Not to ignore the other member of the party the unicorn decided to greet the younger earth pony. "Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Guiding Light, but you can call me Light. What's your name?"

"That sounds fun can I go?" he asked springing around him in a circle "My names Reno, The bravest pirate EVER" He said proudly, he wasn't really a pirate, and he got scared sometimes ..but that wasn't going to stop him from going adventuring "Please can I go ?" He asked.

The others accent was strange but Reno liked it, it sounded like how a pirate would sound...NO he wasn't obsessed what made you think of such nonsense.. "Besides you need someone to assist you to fight off the baddins!"

He glanced over at the other pony that walked over that seemed to have some history with the other earth pony "My names Reno! are you going to go too? We should all go it'll be an adventure!" He said bucking up into the air.

Pip grinned "G'mornin' Light" he said, glad to see his unofficial 'first mate' he looked over at the younger foal "Nice to Meet you, Reno" he said "Always good to meet another Buccaneer, I prefer the air to the sea, I'm a Sky Pirate" he grinned, when the talk came 'round to adventure Pip paused a moment, he didnt know a lot about Reno, it might be dangerous for the foal to come along... then again, Pip wasn't that much older, and Light was still other than either of them... he was still a little reluctant "well... you sure your upto it?" he asked, putting on a brave face and a grin "I wont accept anypony that cant -or wont- pull his own weight on my crew" he said "you willing to risk your life, limb, and soul for the adventure?" he asked, making it sound extra-dramatic.

"Does a snail take forever ta get anywhere!?" He asked grinning at that "Course I am! You lead and I'll follow! I aint very big but you wont ever see me turning tail and running from a little danger matter of FACT" He stood proudly putting a hoof on his chest "DANGER just happens to be my middle name" Actually it was Bartholomew but Reno wasn't going to tell anypony that good Celestia no way on earth....

Meanwhile in the Everfree forest already was a certin craftspony/inventor as he tried to combine the elements of the poisoned bush berries, with the sweet necter from one of the forest local flowers. He was trying to create a delectable drink that would be both delicious, and healthy; since it would compeltey knock out the affects of the poison. As he poured down some of the shrinkage formula that would shrink down the posion till it was non existnct into a vial; he poured down the remaining contents as well. Smiling, the colt grinend "Aha!! Im finsihed..but does it work"? There was no pony else around to test it on soo, the only way to see if it would work was,...ah well. "Bottoms up" grinned the pony, as he drunk it down in one gulp.

Freezing on the spot; he gasped as a puff of smoke envelpoed him. When it cleared, he was around the same age as Pip and his friends. "Well, blast it" Geary sighed.

((I think it's hilarious, and it gives a nice 'in' for the RP, so I'm in the 'I wont tell if you wont' group...))

((and by reading that, shadow... I have to say, there's an easier way to make that, watch *dumps the fruit-juice into a glass and points wand at it* íFERMENT! *flash* there you go, one Dagueri ready to go :P lol))

Serenity, having just recently left her home, found herself in the Everfree Forest. Her saddlebags full of dried herbs and her head full of hopes, she wandered between the trees. Fluttering her wings to keep her balance over rocks and tree roots, the peryton soon found herself at the edge of a sharp drop. Hearing the voices of ponyfolk below her, she cautiously peered down to see a hoof-full of foals preparing to enter the forest. An idea formed quickly in her head, then, and, impulsively, she decided to act on it. Quick as a whip, she mussed the fluff on her head to hide her nubby little antlers so she'd look just like any other pegasus filly, then leapt off the edge of the hill-cliff and spread her wings to glide down to the group of foals.

"You there!" she said, trotting towards Reno GoLucky and tucking her wings back in. "I've been looking everywhere for you! I need your help!" And with that she prepared to grab his tail and drag him away.

((Well, lux didnt reply all day, so I'm going to skip him this round, if he wants to jump back in later, he can...))

((lol I have a (non-pony) character named Bartholomew. I happen to like the name))

Pip grinned at him "well, if you really think you can handle yourself, stick close to me and we'll see what we can do about filling your belly with an adventure" he said

When the new pony charged out of the forest and headed for Reno, Pip drew his wooden sword and blocked her advanced "unhand my new crewmember" he said, though there was a faint smile playing about his features, making it clear the 'threat' wasnt a serious threat "I don' take kindly to skalewags trying to abduct my crew" he said, sounding a mixture of suave and comical with his thick trottingham accent

((and btw, it's not a 'high english' accent, it's cockney pip speaks, which may make this scene all the more hilarious for some of us))

"Oh this is just great" complained the now foal Geary. How was he supposed to pick up the supplies for his creations? He was a child now and..and it was really fun and cool!! Maybe he could create a super, awesome sword and become a...NO no!! "Stop right there" he spoke aloud; not wanting his intellect to be overruled by childlike fasncation. This was one of the side effects of the drink!! As a child, he was a day dreamer, and had a wild imagintation. He still had some of those aspects today yes, but as a child they were out of control. He had to remmeber that he was not a foal!! He was a teenaged colt!! He was..was...was gonna go and create a sword made out of pure unicorn magic!! That would be so totaly cool!! Grinning at the notion, he started to run through the forest; eager to create it when he accidentaly tripped and ended up in front of the pirate group.

((Sure silver, we've got people coming and going like crazy it appears :) lol, at this rate Pip will have a proper-sized pirate crew in no time!))

(Sorry about not responding).

Light giggled about the fact that Pip was still throwing around the Sky Pirate speak. He was about to respond to what basically sounded like a dare to go with him on an adventure through the woods when suddenly another pony appeared and started dragging Reno. Then Pip pulled out a sword. Thankfully it was just wooden and not a real metal sword. And then another pony appeared, this one seeming mature for being around Pip or Reno's age. What a crazy pirate crew!

"Well Pip, you know that I'm able to go with you on any adventure you may have. So, what are we planning on doing?"

Serenity danced on her hooves for a second as her mind raced. What to do, what to dooooo, she thought. Something suddenly clicked in her head, but she kept dancing on her hooves, feigning impatience.

"What?" she said, letting go of Reno's tail and letting her calming powers ease out of her nubby antlers a little at a time. "No, you don't understand. He's my little brother. I need his help. Come on, let's goooo." Continuing her facade of impatience, she flapped her useless little wings quickly as she spoke. With that she made a grab for Reno's tail again, noting that by now the group of foals should be rather calmer than they were when she first glided in.

Reno blinked lightly, the deer really seemed frantic for his help and he sighed "I'll adventure with you some other time, my big sister apparently needs me" he said and stood on his own feet "You don't need to drag me woman!"

(And I'll be departing cause GG is antsy to pull Reno into a private rp X3 good luck fellows!)

(Joining now, I hope my entrance is alright. Will alter it if it sounds too farfetched)

Timid Star (check log for description), had been fleeing from some meaner colts in Canterlot when he ran into a blind alley. "We've got you now! Why don't you hand over your lunch bits and we'll let you be...", the head pony said in an intimidating tone. Timid shivered in fear as they approached, armed with sticks and rocks to take what they wanted from him again.

This time, Timid was prepared for this as he had practiced teleporting around his room. Timid began to smile as the leader of the ruffians got in his face and whispered, "What's so funny!? Do you really wanna get hurt, weakling?". Timid replied shakily as he focused his energies on the teleport, "Nothing... Don't hurt me!". At that moment he teleported, but he had made an error and it backfired, dumping him amongst a group of foals near the Everfree Forest. Eyes swirling, he asked, "Where am I?" to the group of foals he had teleported amongst with a crackling boom and flash of light.